Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ypres5 wrote: »
    But Israel are only launching rockets in response to attacks on them. Where would the British have bombed and whom? This is just getting more and more illogical

Not rockets: precision guided ordnance. And using it precisely to target civilian population centers, schools, etc that have no mitigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

But Israel are only launching rockets in response to attacks on them.

No, Hamas rocket attacks (again unacceptable) were in retaliation to Israeli gov and settler violence to Palestinians. Sequence of events are well established.

Do you condemn the IDF deliberate targeting of civilians?

Figure out the nation state law yet? I provide nice clear explanation for you. Do you condemn this racist law?

Because squatters were being evicted and because they're Palestinian they deserve special treatment and the whole thing escalated from there.

This is disgusting apologetics for ethnic cleansing. Pure racism, and nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Because squatters were being evicted and because they're Palestinian they deserve special treatment and the whole thing escalated from there.

No, because it was yet another eviction in an ongoing "ethnic cleansing" of occupied Arab East Jerusalem.
    https://www.btselem.org/topic/jerusalem

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭KeepItLight

Throwing a tantrum and insulting people for not agreeing with you, very mature.

I'm not throwing a tantrum, I'm just letting you know that I think you're either evil or stupid. Probably both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭ypres5

wes wrote: »
    This is disgusting apologetics for ethnic cleansing. Pure racism, and nothing more.

So removing squatters=genocide? If my landlord kicks me out has he committed an ethnic cleansing against me?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Disgusting comment to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Hilarious, you do realise that Palestinians are natives of the Levant as much as anyone?

Where did you come up with the idea that they are squatters? If you are being informed by a fairy story book called the bible and taking it as historical fact there is little hope for having any kind of rational discussion with you.

So removing squatters=genocide? If my landlord kicks me out has he committed an ethnic cleansing against me?

They weren't being evicted for not paying rent ffs, they were removed from thier family homes so some Jewish family from Germany or America could move into thier home.

I'm not throwing a tantrum, I'm just letting you know that I think you're either evil or stupid. Probably both.

Very mature. About the average rhetorical ability of the average Hamas lover

• Advertisement

I used the term ethnic cleansing. Stop the straw man crap.

They are not squatters. Calling them that is racism, end of. Disgusting excuses for ethnic cleansing. You have no leg to stand on anymore. You are actively supporting violence now.

Again, I ask you about the nation state law. Do you condemn it?

Except in this case the actual squatters are the Israelis being given the home and the Palestinian residents are being violently evicted.

If a city block in new york's minority tennants were all evicted to give their homes to white tennants that would be ethnic cleansing.

We've been watching ethnic cleansing unfold in the region for decades. This is no exception.

You're also ignoring the probable crimes against humanity at al-Aqsa.

They are not squatters. Calling them that is racism, end of. Disgusting excuses for ethnic cleansing.

Again, I ask you about the nation state law. Do you condemn it?

Do they own the buildings they're squatting in? No so out with them whether they're Arabs, Jews or purple people. It's not ethnic cleansing so spare me your dramatics.

Do they own the buildings they're squatting in? No so out with them whether they're Arabs, Jews or purple people. It's not ethnic cleansing so spare me your dramatics.

Evidence of anyone Jewish being evicted in this manner?

Evidence of anyone non-Jewish taking the home after the "squatter" has been removed?

Overheal wrote: »
    Except in this case the actual squatters are the Israelis being given the home and the Palestinian residents are being violently evicted.

If a city block in new york's minority tennants were all evicted to give their homes to white tennants that would be ethnic cleansing.

We've been watching ethnic cleansing unfold in the region for decades. This is no exception.

You're also ignoring the probable crimes against humanity at al-Aqsa.

'Probable' crimes against humanity? They either happened or they didn't

Overheal wrote: »
    Evidence of anyone Jewish being evicted in this manner?

I just don't see how an eviction can be considered ethnic cleansing, that term is really being flogged to death.

'Probable' crimes against humanity? They either happened or they didn't

That would be for an international court to decide, not I.

But the reporting we have so far suggests that those crimes occurred: Israeli forces brutally attacked peaceful Muslims praying at the 3rd holiest site in Islam on the final day of Ramadan, using rubber coated metal bullets, stun grenades, tear gas, and other brutal methods. Israeli Police allege the site was a "military outpost" but have presented no evidence to support that argument.

I just don't see how an eviction can be considered ethnic cleansing, .............

Then you might read the following link

It is ethnic cleansing as East Jerusalem is not part of Israel. I don't need to own the build international law is very clear.

Referring to the victims of ethnic cleansing as "squatters" is racism pure and simple. You are have screamed about racism on this thread multiple times and are engaging in it yourself pretty blatantly.

I just don't see how an eviction can be considered ethnic cleansing, that term is really being flogged to death.

It's clear that you don't, but it is ethnic cleansing, it's been unfolding in the region for decades.

• Advertisement

Well, you see Israel is ethnically cleansing Palestinians, so its bears mentioning, as so many people seem to deny clearly established facts like that.

Who does own the buildings? Please show evidence that the families are "squatters".

Odhinn wrote: »
    Then you might read the following link

No thanks I read actual news, not tinfoil hat propaganda

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The sad reality is that there will simply never ever be any peace in the region until Israel stops acting with aggressive impunity at stealing the land and homes of the Palestinian people and goes on putting Zionist Jewish settlers/planters on the stolen lands.

It’s a no brainer. Israel does these things because it can.

Well, you see Israel is ethnically cleansing Palestinians, so its bears mentioning, as so many people seem to deny clearly established facts like that.

They're not doing a good job with the ethnic cleansing considering the Palestinian population has increased from 700k to 5 million in the last 80 years. Better luck next time

That is a well known Israeli human rights org. Care to provide proof of them being "tinfoil hat propaganda"?

No thanks .........

Jesus forbid you absorb a contrary fact.

Who does own the buildings? Please show evidence that the families are "squatters".

Well you see an Israeli high court determined that Israel own the settlements. It's all above board. /s

Argumentum ad hominem.

Up to you to refute the claims. You can do better than that.

• Advertisement

They're not doing a good job with the ethnic cleansing considering the Palestinian population has increased from 700k to 5 million in the last 80 years. Better luck next time

Ethnic cleansing doesn't necessarily mean killing people, it can also include expelling people from their homes, which is what Israel is doing.

Ethnic cleansing and genocide are 2 different terms, with different meanings.

Again, I state calling the victims of ethnic cleansing squatters, is racism and de facto support for ethnic cleansing.

As for the population increase, for genocide to take place, it just requires intent, and does not require complete destruction of the targeted group. Israel has clear intent and has murdered plenty of Palestinians.

What Israel is doing to the Palestinians is akin the genocide European visited upon native Americans.

Advertisement