Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

ypres5 wrote: »
    They're not doing a good job with the ethnic cleansing considering the Palestinian population has increased from 700k to 5 million in the last 80 years. Better luck next time

Swing and miss. Ethnic cleansing includes the forcible removal of an ethnicity from a given area. The killing of the victim is not a requisite.

If we passed a law in the US to evict all Jewish Americans and ship them to Israel you'd be the first one to argue that it was a) Anti-Semitic as hell, and b) ethnic cleansing. Because it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

No thanks I read actual news, not tinfoil hat propaganda

Heres some factual news from Human Rights Watch
    Israel is an apartheid state
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution.

Or similar news from an Israeli Human Rights organization
    'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

votecounts wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/molloy1916/status/1393129114580705281

A lot of normal looking people with pure hatred for the Palestinians and the disregard for human life. How did it come to this, would hate to carry this hatred around with me every day.

Sick B’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Piss poor response from the EU Commission. Not even trying to "both sides" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Duman

namloc1980 wrote: »

pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Honestly, she should resign for that. Unacceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,012 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Throwing a tantrum and insulting people for not agreeing with you, very mature.

You thanked a similar post. Hypocrite.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The 'both sides are as bad as each other' spiel doesn't align with reality here.

Israel is the aggressor and this is as black and white as conflicts get.

I agree.
    Israel is clearly the aggressor.

But conflict also has subjective experiences of hurt on loss, from people, on both sides.
    That's what I mean.

Awful.

I had thought that the EU would have the guts to break with USA.
    At least in words.

But, no.
    They should openly recognise the Palestinian State, and support member states to boycott all goods and services from Israel.

Conflict spreading to the West Bank OT:

"At least 10 Palestinians have been killed in clashes with Israeli security forces in the West Bank, the Palestinian health ministry says.

The confrontation between Israel and the Palestinians in Gaza has now widened, as many towns and cities in the occupied West Bank have been convulsed by angry protests."

BBC News

• Advertisement

Israel now bringing their reign of terror to the West Bank, killing at least 6 Palestinians there today and still the world ignores it.

Israel, in my feeble analysis, bets that the status quo can be maintained, given their military might.

But there has to come a time when the unsustainable situation of injustice has to crumble.

I'm not seeing a Berlin Wall situation, but something has to give. It has to :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Israel, in my feeble analysis, bets that the status quo can be maintained, given their military might.

But there has to come a time when the unsustainable situation of injustice has to crumble.

I'm not seeing a Berlin Wall situation, but something has to give. It has to :(

In time. Until then support BDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭batman75

Shameful that Egypt or any other Arab neighbour of Palestinian Territories simply watch on as their fellow Arabs are slaughtered in large numbers. This simply encourages Israel to act with impunity. Is Israel that superior to them militarily?
    That Biden allows Israel to slaughter people like this in huge numbers is a disgrace. If he put his foot down the Israeli ethnic cleansing would stop. For that reason alone, in my book, he is a b*stard. I'm dismayed that Martin hasn't come out and condemned Israel in the strongest terms.

Bibi blaming Arab Israelis for violence in Israeli cities and that only Jews are the victims. And yet people still think this isn't an ethno state.

batman75 wrote: »
    Shameful that Egypt or any other Arab neighbour of Palestinian Territories simply watch on as their fellow Arabs are slaughtered in large numbers. This simply encourages Israel to act with impunity. Is Israel that superior to them militarily?

Yes, they are and not just militaraly. The US and rest of the West could crush those countries economically, with the stroke of a pen.

War is not the answer to this. IMO, BDS is the best best to bring Israel to the table and hopefully future sanctions as well.

Appalling. Ireland needs to diverge from that statement.

Israel probably strengthens its actions against the weak off the back of it. Shameful

batman75 wrote: »
    That Biden allows Israel to slaughter people like this in huge numbers is a disgrace. If he put his foot down the Israeli ethnic cleansing would stop. For that reason alone, in my book, he is a b*stard.

Egypt tried to broker a ceasefire the other day, Israel told them to **** off:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20210512-israel-rejects-egypts-ceasefire-proposal-for-conflict-with-gaza/
    Israel has rejected Egyptian calls for a ceasefire in Gaza. Yedioth Ahronoth quoted high-ranking Israeli political sources as saying that the Israeli response to the Egyptian proposal was: "Do not talk to us now, we are collecting the price and reinforcing deterrence."

Gaza death toll [Infographic]

The political sources added that "the general perception of the Israeli political leadership is that the Egyptians, as well as the international community, will allow Israeli operations until Eid El-Fitr, that is, until Wednesday-Thursday night."

An Israeli political source said that "Israel depends on the result that the Israeli army will achieve. We want the army to intensify the attacks."

A minister and member of the Israeli cabinet for political and security affairs told Yedioth Ahronoth that "the initial strike by the Israeli army should have been ten times more powerful than we saw. We will pay the price anyway, so why did not they respond in a way that shows that this is payback for launching rockets at Jerusalem? Unfortunately, the current logic now is to contain the situation."

The political source noted that the cabinet directed the Israeli army to launch a wide military operation that includes assassinations, targeting infrastructure and weapons stores, and almost any target except for a land invasion while obtaining the cabinet's approval because "there are no restrictions in their way."

Yedioth Ahronoth indicated that, contrary to the claims of the Israeli army spokesman Haidai Zilberman yesterday, the political leadership did not hold the Israeli army back from firing 36 projectiles on Friday evening two and a half weeks ago.

Bibi blaming Arab Israelis for commence on Israeli cities and that only Jews are the victims. And yet people still think this isn't an ethno state.

All the violence I have seen documented on Twitter has solely been on Palestinians, or Jewish people who have been mistaken for Palestinians.

Netanyahu clearly intends to go to war with Palestinian citizens of Israel. Looks like he will go full on Modi now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Lots can be done, nothing will be...

Israel could nuke the Palestinian people off the map and you have leaders coming out maintaining they’d been ‘provoked’ or some hokey...

I’d fücking love to know what secrets or what deal the Israelis have under the table with the US, British and certain EU countries.... it’s odd.

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Yes, they are and not just militaraly. The US and rest of the West could crush those countries economically, with the stroke of a pen.

War is not the answer to this. IMO, BDS is the best best to bring Israel to the table and hopefully future sanctions as well.

I think war is the only thing that Netanyahu and his hawks understand. Unless they have their ass handed to them on a plate they will continue to act with impunity and treat Palestinians like the Nazi's treated them.

wes wrote: »
    All the violence I have seen documented on Twitter has solely been on Palestinians, or Jewish people who have been mistaken for Palestinians.

Netanyahu clearly intends to go to war with Palestinian citizens of Israel. Looks like he will go full on Modi now.

Netanyahu is fanning the flames of an ethnic war. When Israeli citizens who are Arabs are now being framed as the enemy, this won't end well.

I wonder how do the apologists spin this one? They were busy trying to tell us Arab Israelis were equal citizens earlier, yet here we have the Prime Minister labeling them, and only them, as terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Five Eighth

Strumms wrote: »
    Lots can be done, nothing will be...

Israel could nuke the Palestinian people off the map and you have leaders coming out maintaining they’d been ‘provoked’ or some hokey...

I’d fücking love to know what secrets or what deal the Israelis have under the table with the US, British and certain EU countries.... it’s odd.
    Historical guilt and a powerful Jewish lobby in the US.

Can’t be ‘just’ votes, surely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Five Eighth

Strumms wrote: »
    Can’t be ‘just’ votes, surely ?
    I think you can work it out for yourself...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Because squatters were being evicted and because they're Palestinian they deserve special treatment and the whole thing escalated from there.
    I'm not throwing a tantrum, I'm just letting you know that I think you're either evil or stupid. Probably both.

Both of you can stay out of this thread going forward

I already have, but I like gauging opinions.... thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭gw80

Pieces of silver

Indeed strong. We give vast sums of material support to Israel, which in turn increases the wealth of the Israeli lobby.

That's part of the reason there is strong antisemitism among black Americans, as well - there is a demonstrable difference in how Zionists have been supported by the US with how strongly Civil War Reparations have been opposed. The difference in support is staggering, despite the United States having extremely limited inculpability for either the Jewish Diaspora or the atrocities visited upon the Jewish ethnicity, and having extreme levels of inculpability for its part in the Atlantic Slave Trade. But, I'm digressing.

In both cases however, and in the previous case of the Native Americans, the United States has had it's fair share of pursuing the more atrocious policies of colonialization. It's done because it's profitable, especially for the decision-makers.

• Advertisement

The media coverage of this is shameful. No mention of how Israel is slaughtering Palestinians. To my mind they are as complicit in this as Israel are. All Governments around the world who don't condemn Netanyahu have blood on their hands. This is going way beyond self defence as Netanyahu claims. Only a person with very slim intellectual capacity could believe Israel's actions are purely in self defence.

Advertisement