Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

batman75 wrote: »
    For that reason alone, in my book, he is a b*stard. I'm dismayed that Martin hasn't come out and condemned Israel in the strongest terms.

heh heh heh... some crackin` stuff in here tonight !! LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Rezident

Any Irish person who defends Israeli slaughter is an embarrassment to this country.

What about any Irish person who defends the violently homophobic Palestinians who indoctrinate their own children into terrorism as part of their school curriculum?

What about the Irish people who defend the Palestinians launching 1,500 rockets at civilians?

Like most Irish people, you have never been there, you evidently do not understand both (or either?) sides of the issue and you would be better off sorting out your own problems than judging an issue you clearly do not understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭loughside

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Bibi blaming Arab Israelis for violence in Israeli cities and that only Jews are the victims. And yet people still think this isn't an ethno state.

Netanyahu & Police Min Ohana in Lod. "What is happening in Israeli cities is very serious. Lawless groups from the Arab public attack Jews for being Jews. We will use all our force in dealing with criminals- it is terror- & that is how we'll handle it."

Government is responsible for protecting its citizens from terror, it`s simple stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

loughside wrote: »
    Netanyahu & Police Min Ohana in Lod. "What is happening in Israeli cities is very serious. Lawless groups from the Arab public attack Jews for being Jews. We will use all our force in dealing with criminals- it is terror- & that is how we'll handle it."

Government is responsible for protecting its citizens from terror, it`s simple stuff

Completely delusional.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Plenty of documented attacks by violent Zionists against Palestinians who are citizens of Israel. To not protect citizens, because of their race is simple racism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Rezident wrote: »
    What about any Irish person who defends the violently homophobic Palestinians who indoctrinate their own children into terrorism as part of their school curriculum?

What about the Irish people who defend the Palestinians launching 1,500 rockets at civilians?

Like most Irish people, you have never been there, you evidently do not understand both (or either?) sides of the issue and you would be better off sorting out your own problems than judging an issue you clearly do not understand.

I'ma stop you right there.

I fail to see what homophobia in Palestine has to do with them getting attacked with ordnance? Has Israel declared rampant homophobia as a justification for the ground war?

batman75 wrote: »
    The media coverage of this is shameful. No mention of how Israel is slaughtering Palestinians.

Over 100 dead, and we don't know how many of those are militants.

Second, Gaza has a population of over 2,000,000 people.

It demonstrates how remarkably accurate that Israel is choosing its targets over a 3-4 day period. If it were as indiscriminate, "Holocaust"-like, and "slaughtering", as you suggest, you'd expect the death toll to be in the tens of thousands.

Israel is doing the right thing. They cannot sit back and allow Hamas to rain down rockets upon her people. Any self-respecting country would respond in almost exactly the same way - whether you are willing to admit this or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Five Eighth

You have just succeeded in confirming the second class citizenship of Israeli Arabs.

You have just succeeded in confirming the second class citizenship of Israeli Arabs.

Colonizers always show each other solidarity.

It isn't simple though.

The Israelite government have stoked this **** for years by allowing illegal land grabs then rely on simpletons to back them up online and in the media.

• Advertisement

eskimohunt wrote: »
    Over 100 dead, and we don't know how many of those are militants.

And the 30+ children?
    It demonstrates how remarkably accurate that Israel is choosing its targets over a 3-4 day period.

And the 30+ children??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Those Arabs are Israeli citizens. And Arab Israelis have been attacked in Israeli cities but Netanyahu is only ascribing blame to one side, the Arabs.

All one needs to do is look at the law on the books in Israel and see that native Arabs are second class citizens.

We know the IDF choose to kill civilians and claim they are combatants with 0 evidence. Them being Hamas alone is not reason enough for Israel to kill them, it should be noted.

By the IDFs logic every member of the Israeli government, off duty member of the IDF and government bureaucracy along with anyone in their immediate vicinity would be a valid target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Those Arabs are Israeli citizens. And Arab Israelis have been attacked in Israeli cities but Netanyahu is only ascribing blame to one side, the Arabs.

Oh but it's a democracy and they are nice to gay people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 52 ✭✭derekgine3

One commonality i have noticed in the Irish Twitter profiles defending Israel, they either have a picture of them wearing a mask in their profile pic or gender pronouns in the bio.

From past experience, the above are not logical in the slightest and should be ignored.

Edz87 wrote: »
    All one needs to do is look at the law on the books in Israel and see that native Arabs are second class citizens.

How Israel thinks of itself:

'Israel was admitted to the United Nations as a full member on May 11, 1949, and has been a fully democratic country with equal rights for all its citizens from its inception until today.'

How Israel is: '“Israel is not a state of all its citizens,” [Bibi] wrote in response to criticism from an Israeli actor, Rotem Sela.

“According to the basic nationality law we passed, Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people – and only it.”'

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/3/11/benjamin-netanyahu-israel-is-a-state-only-of-the-jewish-people

derekgine3 wrote: »
    One commonality i have noticed in the Irish Twitter profiles defending Israel, they either have a picture of them wearing a mask in their profile pic or gender pronouns in the bio.

From past experience, the above are not logical in the slightest and should be ignored.

That's interesting. I would have assumed the pronoun people would be anti Israel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Lmkrnr wrote: »
    If Jew logic today was used bye the Nazis they would say gassing Jews was ok as they fight back when we try to gas them.

Threadbanned

That's interesting. I would have assumed the pronoun people would be anti Israel.

I see a lot of pro-israel tweets from those fake accounts with the string of numbers at the end of the handle.

• Advertisement

Likewise, they must've received a different playbook. Maybe they are in other nations but over here it seems to be the theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

3 Rockets were fired from inside Syrian territory towards Israel according to IDF.

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    3 Rockets were fired from inside Syrian territory towards Israel according to IDF.

If true, fair play to Syria.

Likewise, they must've received a different playbook. Maybe they are in other nations but over here it seems to be the theme.

Interesting. I always associate the left with more pro Palestinian. But then again I don't know with the left anymore.

I have actually noticed a big difference in US reporting of it and tweeting. Much less biased and less poor victim Isreal than in the past.

Was listening to a US podcast the other day and they were commenting on it too.So not just me.

Not really. Why bother. It's just escalating everything.

The rockets are so pointless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Its true but not Syrian, its Palestinians.

I look forward to their proof.

lYI6fux.gif

Interesting. I always associate the left with more pro Palestinian. But then again I don't know with the left anymore.

I have actually noticed a big difference in US reporting of it and tweeting. Much less biased and less poor victim Isreal than in the past.

Was listening to a US podcast the other day and they were commenting on it too.So not just me.

Yeah, noticed the same.

I don't think the left know the left anymore. They push hard with the "diversity" umbrella of LGBT, Muslims etc. When in reality those two are most definitely mutually exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

There's lots of fake bots on twitter, I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions from a few twitter accounts, if they look similar as stated that would imply they probably are as its unusual for that cohort to have that opinion. I actually think there is a thing you can check to see if an account is likely to be a bot .

• Advertisement

There's lots of fake bots on twitter, I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions from a few twitter accounts, if they look similar as stated that would imply they probably are as its unusual for that cohort to have that opinion. I actually think there is a thing you can check to see if an account is likely to be a bot .

I did use a tool for it, to rule out the bots (as much as possible).

Advertisement