Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Video of protests in Cork:
    https://twitter.com/TadhgHickey/status/1393570862830395400?s=20

A Palestinians house was fire bombed by Zionist terrorists in Jaffa:
    Arab boy seriously hurt in firebombing of Jaffa home; riots spread across Israel

What is happening to Palestinian citizens of Israel is clearly a government backed pogrom.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

We never see secondary explosions from these buildings the IDF are demolishing. I mean if, as they claim, they are Hamas weapons stores we should see secondary explosions from those munitions. Have watched a number of these attacks on live streams and there is zero evidence of secondary explosions.

fvp4 wrote: »
    Yeh, even countries that have never had a Jewish population? And no history of anti-semitism?

Most of the world is reacting to what they see.

There's a reason that Jews have been persecuted for thousands of years.

The tap of Jew-hatred flows wide and deep.

I remember once conducting an experiment where I pretended to be anti-Semitic myself, to people to whom I had suspicions. I casually threw out a trope or two, and you'd be surprised how many people then feel they have a passport to say what they really think. Pretty horrific stuff, too, that they would never have otherwise said unless they felt they had a safe environment to air their racism.

I know many Muslim people who are openly, and almost proudly, anti-Semitic. They just don't like Jews - just for being Jewish.

We all know how the Left, too, is largely anti-Semitic - associating Jews with wealth and, given that wealth distribution is a token of the Left, it's no surprise that they have a collective history of anti-Semitism.

The interesting thing about racism is that usually it's about looking down on a minority.

Anti-Semitism is the precise opposite - where people are suspicious of Jews because they appear to be more successful (whether it's the proportion of Nobel Prizes won by Jewish people, or general success in many fields compared to other groups). This has concocted a range of delusional conspiracy theories about Jews controlling the world narrative.

So yes, anti-Semitism is absolutely rife. Not anti-Israel - but anti-Jewish itself.

Some people say that another Holocaust could never happen.

I completely disagree.

I think society will never abandon the racist tropes and so Israel and Jews will always be at risk of annihilation.

^^^^

Bangs on about antisemitism while having a racial slur in his username. Cannot take seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I remember once conducting an experiment where I pretended to be anti-Semitic myself, to people to whom I had suspicions. I casually threw out a trope or two, and you'd be surprised how many people then feel they have a passport to say what they really think. Pretty horrific stuff, too, that they would never have otherwise said unless they felt they had a safe environment to air their racism.

I know many Muslim people who are openly, and almost proudly, anti-Semitic. They just don't like Jews - just for being Jewish.

We all know how the Left, too, is largely anti-Semitic - associating Jews with wealth and, given that wealth distribution is a token of the Left, it's no surprise that they have a collective history of anti-Semitism.

The interesting thing about racism is that usually it's about looking down on a minority.

Anti-Semitism is the precise opposite - where people are suspicious of Jews because they appear to be more successful (whether it's the proportion of Nobel Prizes won by Jewish people, or general success in many fields compared to other groups).

So yes, anti-Semitism is absolutely rife. Not anti-Israel - but anti-Jewish itself.

I completely disagree.

I think society will never abandon the racist tropes and so Israel and Jews will always be at risk of annihilation.

Anti semitism exists and it's wrong.

It doesn't excuse how Israel treats Palestinians.

Criticism of how Israel treats Palestinians isn't inherently anti semitic and it isn't limited to non Jewish people either.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

eskimohunt wrote: »

Cool story bro.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

That's because most of the world is anti-Semitic.

Most of the world is anti- Apartheid

Israel is an apartheid state
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution.

Israels Human Rights organization declared it Apartheid
    'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Anti-Semitism is the precise opposite - where people are suspicious of Jews because they appear to be more successful (whether it's the proportion of Nobel Prizes won by Jewish people, or general success in many fields compared to other groups). This has concocted a range of delusional conspiracy theories about Jews controlling the world narrative.

I completely disagree.

You're probably the most anti semitic poster I have see on here in a long long time, you will deny this because you don't understand why I am saying it, nevertheless it's true.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    ^^^^

Bangs on about antisemitism while having a racial slur in his username. Cannot take seriously.

Dismissing my discussion of rampant anti-Semitism on the basis of my username (and not all Inuits and Yupiks find this term "offensive", by the way), says more about your attitude to the Jewish people than it does about my attitude toward those peoples who inhabit circumpolar latitudes.

°°°°°

Dismissing my discussion of rampant anti-Semitism on the basis of my username (and not all Inuits and Yupiks find this term "offensive", by the way), says more about your attitude to the Jewish people than it does about my attitude toward those peoples who inhabit circumpolar latitudes.

Has anyone on this thread actually made ANY anti semitic remarks at all?

Or do you simply appropriate any criticism of Israeli policy in relation to Palestine as inherently anti semitic?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

I completely disagree.

You you cannot credibly justify wholesale slaughter of children so have resorted to the old anti semitism card.

If you are bringing up the holocaust as justification, put this in you pipe and smoke it -There is ethnic cleansing going on there- pushing other people out using violence to create living space for only one type of people. Does that remind you of from a 1930's/1940's ideology that massacred millions to create lebensraum for one type of people.

The real reason the IDF attacked the media:
    https://twitter.com/iron_emu/status/1393571958172778501?s=20

It is to try and hide the war crimes they are committing. The pictures and videos coming out of Gaza, are hurting the propaganda effort in a major way.

nullzero wrote: »
    Has anyone on this thread actually made ANY anti semitic remarks at all?

Or do you simply appropriate any criticism of Israeli policy in relation to Palestine as inherently anti semitic?

Most people don't air their racism in public. That's quite obvious.

Instead, it lurks underneath.

°°°°°

So you have zero evidence to support what you're saying then?

How do you feel about Palestinians may I ask?

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »

How do you feel about Palestinians may I ask?

I don't answer emotional questions.

If you can frame the question more objectively, then I'll give it a stab.

Oh ffs :rolleyes:

Eskimohunt is a mind reader lads, he's on to us, the game is up :D

It's obvious you don't deal in emotions as you have zero empathy for children getting bombed to ****.

Are you capable of empathy for anyone apart from a highly militarised terrorist state?

Lies and gaslighting. I never said anything anti Jewish at any point. You're just lying. Why do you use a racial slur word in your username? Very inappropriate.

Housefree wrote: »
    Israel funds a massive online troll army to defend it's Apartheid regime and justify it's human Rights abuses

You only need to go to social media to learn of the troll army, many times bigger, that pumps out misleading propaganda for the Palestinian cause.

Works both ways.

Though I would trust what the Israelis are saying far more than I would from the Jihadist scum in Hamas.

• Advertisement

Some people how ever include racial slurs in their usernames for all to see...... :rolleyes:

Some more info on the destroyed tower block:
    https://twitter.com/dianabuttu/status/1393550929627123712?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

You only need to go to social media to learn of the troll army, many times bigger, that pumps out misleading propaganda for the Palestinian cause.

Works both ways.

Though I would trust what the Israelis are saying far more than I would from the Jihadist scum in Hamas.

Is Human Rights Watch, B'Tselem and Amnesty International all misleading propaganda for the Palestinian casue now? Give yourself a break.

Israel is an apartheid state
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution.

Israels Human Rights organization declared it Apartheid
    'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid

Palestinians live under constant human rights abuses
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/

Video of the owner of the tower begging the IDF to let journalist grab their gear:
    https://twitter.com/DRovera/status/1393574744088268804?s=20

The IDF is trying to hide their war crimes.

Not all black people find the N word offensive, Doesn't mean it would be ok to put In your username.

Not an issue for you though it would seem.

Housefree wrote: »
    Is Human Rights Watch, B'Tselem and Amnesty International all misleading propaganda for the Palestinian casue now? Give yourself a break.

Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International have a distinct and notable Left-wing bent.

And dare I add, that some of the actions by the Irish wing of Amnesty, led by that ghastly creature, Colm O'Gorman, are highly questionable to say the least - and certainly not grounded in evidence or science. But that's an argument for another day.

Just because an organization states something, doesn't make it true.

And political language such as "apartheid state" exemplifies precisely the lack of objectivity these organizations have in the matter.

Yet you expect others to answer yours :rolleyes:

What is your view of the forced displacement of 700,000 Palestinian people in 1948/49 by the emerging Israeli state? Or the importation of Jews with no connection to the area whatsoever from Europe, America and Africa to colonise the West Bank, thus making a peaceful resolution all but impossible? Or that Gaza is in effect an open air prison and the Palestinian people are denied a port and airport to try to build some sort of functioning economy?

What do you think of the Nation State laws that elevate Jews above all others (including non Jewish Israeli citizens)?

• Advertisement

Not an issue for you though it would seem.

It takes some neck for a guy with a racial slur in their username to accuse others of racism.

Advertisement