Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Instead they blocked civid vaccinations reaching palestinians.

Another facet of apartheid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Note how you only come down hard on my side of the argument, the Zionist side of things - yet have not come down equally as hard on those on the precise opposite end of the spectrum - the hard-line, dogmatic pro-Palestinian lobby.

That suggests you're not being as objective as you think you are, much as you portray yourself to be.

Why did Israel attack a media building and a refugee camp?

Please explain why you think they did that - let’s see how objective you really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

davydoc wrote: »
    Exactly this - There is NO EXCUSE for Israel behaving the way it does, going in to areas that it has no jurisdiction over, forcing families out, to be replaced with Zionist / Jewish settler families. One of the worst things about it is, that the USA bank roll's it, it can't stand on its own feet without them , and constantly has the begging bowl out to the states for war planes, ships, tanks and other war mongering equipment - all at free or knock down prices of course, God forbid it should have to foot the bill itself. It is a country with an army, a navy and an air force inflicting it's will against a country and a people with none of that, and no way of defending themselves except the odd act of defiance perpetrated by Hamas - Israel is worse now than South Africa ever was, it is an apartheid state which openly discriminates against Palestinians, on who's land they have forced themselves in to.......But dare you not call them out on it, because then you are anti semitic - it's like a 'get out of jail free' card for them when they cannot defend their actions.... Hateful country and people

Why oh why is a truthful statement flagged.
    Ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Selenophile

tom1ie wrote: »
    With all that in mind, is there any other political voice representing Palestinians other than Hamas?
    When Hamas took power in Gaza they dealt brutally with Fatah, so there is no real opposition. The other side holds power on the West Bank, but they are terribly corrupt.
    There were supposed to be some election among Palestinians on the West Bank I think, and Hamas was hoping to make success there, but these were cancelled or postponed. Something like that, don't know all the details now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

There might be an invasion,
    It takes 2 armys to make a war,
    Hamas has maybe some rifles and it can fire rockets, they
    are against a modern army with jets tanks missiles and drones
    with Billions of dollars in funding
    Hamas has zero chance of fighting an army
    Israel could drop a bomb on every house in Gaza if they wanted
    to
    Israel has acess to the most modern hi tech weapons and
    drones
    Why did they destroy the building containing ap Al jazzara
    it was no threat to any army or soldiers unless they have
    decided they want no independent international jpurnalists
    covering the ongoing crisis in Gaza
    They want to turn it into an open air prison with
    The bare minimum infrastructure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Note how you only come down hard on my side of the argument, the Zionist side of things - yet have not come down equally as hard on those on the precise opposite end of the spectrum - the hard-line, dogmatic pro-Palestinian lobby.

That suggests you're not being as objective as you think you are, much as you portray yourself to be.

I have no time for pro lobby groups on either side, anything that involves a singularity. I have raised issues with on poster here who was constantly spamming pro-Palestine links. However, this was done by the report function, Mods can feel free to confirm

And on that note, we have no cause to engage any further, in fact, I'm not sure why anyone would bother giving you anymore time.

Consider my apology rescinded, Ahlan!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,530 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

99nsr125 wrote: »
    I don't understand why this was flagged it's the most succint appraisal of the conflict I've ever seen

All in the name of God! Or whatever they call that character.

I have no time for pro lobby groups on either side, anything that involves a singularity. I have raised issues with on poster here who was constantly spamming pro-Palestine links. However, this was done by the report function, Mods can feel free to confirm

And on that note, we have no cause to engage any further, in fact, I'm not sure why anyone would bother giving you anymore time.

Consider my apology rescinded, Ahlan!

That's what happens when an argument or analysis is too strong for you to engage with.

So, better to dismiss the person rather than engage critically with the points at hand; to assume your own superiority of knowledge but then refuse to back that claim up when challenged. Ad hominem writ large, too.

That is your right. But that is also your wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 horseshoe22

This Mayo/Louth descendant seems to have got the hang of things, shame on the pro terror apologists back in the aul sod,

20:16
    Hamas 'must cease' firing rockets into Israel - Biden

Earlier we reported on two separate phone calls US President Joe Biden had on Saturday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

This Mayo/Louth descendant seems to have got the hang of things, shame on the pro terror apologists back in the aul sod,

20:16
    Hamas 'must cease' firing rockets into Israel - Biden

Earlier we reported on two separate phone calls US President Joe Biden had on Saturday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas.

Terror is right.

I heard (I think) the Israeli Ambassador to Ireland on the radio during the week. He was going on about how his kids had to run to their "safe room" when Hamas fired rockets. The presenter (Bryan Dobson I think) reported that at least they have a "safe room" and that that luxury is afforded to the people of Gaza who has to contend with incoming high powered missile strikes with nowhere to run to.

The US barely made a whimper against Israel when one of their own was bulldozed to death nearly 20 years ago. They are not going to speak out about Israeli atrocities. I don't think that that will change anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Israel Border Police seized 15 Molotov cocktails on Saturday that were being hidden in a Lod mosque in preparation to be used in riots later that night, officials stated.
    Police initially began questioning the imam of the mosque in question, before searching the grounds of the place of worship, where they found 15 Molotov cocktails, a gallon of gas hidden on the roof and nearby were rocks ready to throw.

No surprises there,

brings back memories of Belfast, priests and the IRA

Birds of a Feather and all that.
    Ha ha ha. That’s really funny if it wasn’t so sad.
    Israel is blowing Gaza apart and have now killed over 50 children and all you can come up with is a few petrol bombs. Is that the best you could do?
    If it is then it shows how one sided this conflict is, if we already didn’t know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Hamas has a right to defend itself. Quote by me.

Israel has the right to defend itself. Western country leaders even if it includes bombing media buildings and refugee camps and residential buildings and locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,421 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I heard earlier that 30% of the rockets fired by Hamas fall within Gaza itself killing Palestinians.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I heard earlier that 30% of the rockets fired by Hamas fall within Gaza itself killing Palestinians.

It's nothing to do with land or the Palestinians at all.

Hamas don't care about anything other than their Jihadist ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,486 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They’re not much more sophisticated than bottle rockets. They’re dumb fire insurgent weapons made out of whatever is available. So that’s not surprising.

Israel is responding to that with laser guided bombs and missiles, and is targeting media, hospitals, refugee camps, schools and homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1393650751436730375

No mention of the murder of innocent civilians by Israel, one would think it a one sided conflict.
    Isn't the UNSC meeting tomorrow a complete waste of time given the dogs on the street know that a certain nation is going to veto any condemnation of Israel. More innocent civilians to be murdered because of this.

It's nothing to do with land or the Palestinians at all.

Hamas don't care about anything other than their Jihadist ideology.

Why is Israel targeting refugee camps, news buildings, and apartment blocks?

Please enlighten us.

It seems to me that it’s Israel waging the jihad.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DerekC16

The weird priorities of the Irish left.

Our country has been in the most draconian lockdown anywhere in the world

We have a housing homelessness youth unemployment drugs mental health suicide crisis

We have a clueless and pampered political elite with gold plated salaries and gold plated pensions

What is the 1st thing the Irish left protest about?

Israel

We are a ridiculous country awash in anti semitism

"One struggle" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

votecounts wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1393650751436730375

No mention of the murder of innocent civilians by Israel, one would think it a one sided conflict.
    Isn't the UNSC meeting tomorrow a complete waste of time given the dogs on the street know that a certain nation is going to veto any condemnation of Israel. More innocent civilians to be murdered because of this.

That because Israel is America's biggest customer of US made weapons. They even give billions of free money to Israel and they spend it straight back to America keeping USA's weapons builders in a job while telling foolish people that we give billions of aid to Israel.

We have a housing homelessness youth unemployment drugs mental health suicide crisis

We have a clueless and pampered political elite with gold plated salaries and gold plated pensions

Israel

Was totally with you till you labeled anyone questioning the Israeli war crimes an anti semite...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

thomas 123 wrote: »

Please enlighten us.

Hamas are firing rockets at Israeli civilians from the cover of camps news buildings and apartments.
    Israel is not supposed to do anything to stop the rocket fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Israel

When all else fails throw out the antisemitism card. How utterly predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Israel Border Police seized 15 Molotov cocktails on Saturday that were being hidden in a Lod mosque in preparation to be used in riots later that night, officials stated.
    Police initially began questioning the imam of the mosque in question, before searching the grounds of the place of worship, where they found 15 Molotov cocktails, a gallon of gas hidden on the roof and nearby were rocks ready to throw.

No surprises there,

brings back memories of Belfast, priests and the IRA

Birds of a Feather and all that.

I fail to see how someone can relate 15 petrol bombs with Israeli jets bombing civilian apartment blocks?

Similarly, what has a Belfast priest got to do with a Muslim mosque in Palestine?

Hamas are firing rockets at Israeli civilians from the cover of camps news buildings and apartments.

You have answered one example with the Israeli side of the story - the story that’s disputed by the BBC and other news agencies in the building.

What about the others? Like the refugee camp? Were the Hamas rocket men hiding in the bed of the toddler who’s entire family got killed today? (4 siblings and mother)?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

thomas 123 wrote: »

Please enlighten us.

Collective punishment.

Some fellas who follow a certain religious belief fire missiles at Israel - which it can use it's high-spec defenses to shoot out of the sky.

There are then a few easy targets who fall under the general broad umbrella of the same religion - therefore they are fair game to use as target practice apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Looks like someone has swallowed the IDF propaganda hook, line and sinker. Or maybe Al-Jazeera were launching rockets from their offices in Gaza in between ad breaks??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

When the IRA were undertaking their bombing campaign in London and Birmingham, do you think the British should have sent the RAF to bomb Dublin? After all Britain has a right to defend itself - right?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Israel

What are you on about?

Every country's government should be criticised for their actions, that's called global citizenship and is a democratic right.

If you think Israel should be exempt from this then maybe global citizenship and democracy isn't for you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,228 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

12 and a half years ago and Israel are still the same today

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58388635&postcount=3

• Advertisement

12 and a half years ago and Israel are still the same today

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58388635&postcount=3

And 73-years ago, the Arabs rejected a two-state solution which led to the very war that lost them everything.

If only the Arabs had chosen differently.

Advertisement