Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

They are attacking innocent Israeli men women and children with hundreds and hundreds of rockets.

If Palestinian women and children are legitimate targets by virtue of some imagined Hamas fighter firing an imaginary rocket from their apartment block, how then can it be that every Israeli man and woman is not a legitimate target in any location? Every single one of them has been part of the Israeli military due to national service and is effectively on standby

I'm not positing that they are, I'm just applying your logic to the "other side".

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I would advise everyone on this thread and indeed all those gullible enough to swallow terrorist propaganda and to take a minute and read that
    there is no doubt what Hamas and their ilk are really about, the complete obliteration of not only Israel but eventually all of western society.

A couple of extracts...
    "On the Destruction of Israel:
    'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will

obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.'"

There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by

Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are but a

waste of time, an exercise in futility.' (Article 13)
    Anti-Semitic Incitement:
    'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and

kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees,

The Call to Jihad:

'The day the enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the

individual duty of every Moslem. In the face of the Jews' usurpation,

it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised.' (Article 15)

'Ranks will close, fighters joining other fighters, and masses

everywhere in the Islamic world will come forward in response to the

call of duty, loudly proclaiming: 'Hail to Jihad!'. This cry will

reach the heavens and will go on being resounded until liberation is

achieved, the invaders vanquished and Allah's victory comes about.'
    (Article 33)

So, to all the Pro Hamas apologists in this thread do or do you not agree with their Charter............. that`s a Yes or a No...no obfuscation

That's not their current charter. Not that you guys care about reality.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

What's with the fascination with Israel and the Palestinians?? Are they the most oppressed people in the world??! The Palestinians?? Hardly.
    Look at Muslims in China? Where is their marches and flag days.
    It's bull****. The focus on Israel.

Notice that any time evidence and reason is given to denounce Hamas, you receive one of the following replies:
    • You're swallowing IDF propaganda.
    • You don't know what you're talking about / read the history.
    • Here is what Israel destroyed (not mentioning what Hamas destroyed / killed)
    • Here are the names/pictures of the Palestinian victims (no mention of Israeli victims)
    • Sarcastic answers with no evidential refutation contained therein.
    • People "liking" each others comments, with a communal atmosphere who believe they are always right because they only listen to Noam Chomsky and lack any objectivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Hamas are a vicious evil repressive Islamic supremacist terrorist organization who want a second Holocaust of the Jews.

They are attacking innocent Israeli men women and children with hundreds and hundreds of rockets.

How can any educated informed person not know this and how can any person who believes in freedom democracy and human rights cheer on Hamas in the streets of Dublin today?

Israelis are defending themselves and will continue to defend themselves and don't need permission from deluded anti semitic terrorist sympathizers on Irish streets.

Here folks is someone who does not understand the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, has zero knowledge of the history of the conflict and the many many layers and issues involved, and clearly has no interest in understanding it either. Don't be like Samsonsmasher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Notice that any time evidence and reason is given to denounce Hamas, you receive one of the following replies:
    • Here are the names/pictures of the Palestinian victims (no mention of Israeli victims)
    • People "liking" each others comments, with a communal atmosphere who believe they are always right because they only listen to Noam Chomsky and lack any objectivity.

Where was the rocket battery in the refugee camp?

Where was the rocket battery in the news building?

We have asked, you and your bot mates deflect every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I would advise everyone on this thread and indeed all those gullible enough to swallow terrorist propaganda and to take a minute and read that
    there is no doubt what Hamas and their ilk are really about, the complete obliteration of not only Israel but eventually all of western society.

A couple of extracts...
    "On the Destruction of Israel:
    'Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will

obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.'"

There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by

Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are but a

waste of time, an exercise in futility.' (Article 13)
    Anti-Semitic Incitement:
    'The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and

kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees,

The Call to Jihad:

'The day the enemies usurp part of Moslem land, Jihad becomes the

individual duty of every Moslem. In the face of the Jews' usurpation,

it is compulsory that the banner of Jihad be raised.' (Article 15)

'Ranks will close, fighters joining other fighters, and masses

everywhere in the Islamic world will come forward in response to the

call of duty, loudly proclaiming: 'Hail to Jihad!'. This cry will

reach the heavens and will go on being resounded until liberation is

achieved, the invaders vanquished and Allah's victory comes about.'
    (Article 33)

So, to all the Pro Hamas apologists in this thread do or do you not agree with their Charter............. that`s a Yes or a No...no obfuscation
    I am not a pro Hamas apologist. But I am critical of the actions of the Isreali government. And I am critical of illegal settlements.

I completely condemn everything that Hamas stand for. They are responsible for the death of innocent Palestinian and Israeli people. They are disgusting bronze age lunatics.

And I wish they would stop launching their pointless rockets which all it does is give Israel the excuses it needs. There will never be anything but more misery for the Palestinians as long as they are in charge.

eskimohunt wrote: »

You give one reason being their charter. Which you say is available from many places. Yet you pick an Israeli Foreign Ministry website which has Hamas' old 1988 charter. Not their current charter.

You ignore this fact when it is pointed out to you. Obviously all those who would point out such a fact are virulent anti-semites.

How do you expect to be taken seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

Again, more deliberate side stepping

It's not about Hamas

It's about

1/ Palestinian right to self determination
    2/ Daily Settler violence against Palestinian families
    3) Annexation of Palestinian land
    4/ Annexation of Palestinian homes in East Jerusalem
    5/ Arab Israelis treated as 3rd lass citizens
    6/ Checkpoint intimidation and delaying urgent medical attention
    7/ Detainment of under age Palestinians in prisons without due process

You give one reason being their charter. Which you say is available from many places. Yet you pick an Israeli Foreign Ministry website which has Hamas' old 1988 charter. Not their current charter.

You ignore this fact when it is pointed out to you. Obviously all those who would point out such a fact are virulent anti-semites.

How do you expect to be taken seriously?

You are asking me to "understand" Hamas, because they changed their charter from one openly endorsing genocide to one that does not mention genocide (which may mean members privately endorse genocide, regardless).

You are asking me to make this leap of faith at a time when Hamas has openly endorsed ISIS.

:confused:

You are within your rights to make such a leap of faith.

I, for one, cannot.

• Advertisement

Gotta say the pro Israelis on here have lots of energy. A tiny minority view largely dominating now.

You are asking me to "understand" Hamas, because they changed their charter from one openly endorsing genocide to one that does not mention genocide (which may mean members privately endorse genocide, regardless).

You are asking me to make this leap of faith at a time when Hamas has openly endorsed ISIS.

I, for one, cannot.

The only link I can find in isis and Hamas is that the former “declared war on” the latter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/10/world/middleeast/isis-hamas-sinai.html[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

fvp4 wrote: »
    Gotta say the pro Israelis on here have lots of energy. A tiny minority view largely dominating now.

Israel funds a massive online troll army to defend it's Apartheid regime and justify it's human Rights abuses

https://electronicintifada.net/content/inside-israels-million-dollar-troll-army/27566

Housefree wrote: »
    Israel funds a massive online troll army to defend it's Apartheid regime and justify it's human Rights abuses

https://electronicintifada.net/content/inside-israels-million-dollar-troll-army/27566

Not hired by anyone.

What a convenient, if lazy, excuse to dismiss legitimate debate.

Not hired by anyone.

What's your view on apartheid again?

This will be justified by anti-Zionists.

Perhaps they welcome it, even if not to say it 'publicly'?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,490 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1393670887665188866?s=19

Are you on the side of Israel or are you on the side of murderous Islamic supremacist jihadist terrorists?

Incredibly ironic statement coming from the IDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

The us government has said israel must protect media, and journalists have a right to report from gaza and to be able to work in a safe environment,
    so far there has been no statement released to justify totally destroying
    a building use by independent media organisations to carry out reporting on gaza and the middle east.
    This is a direct attack on the media and the right of free speech of palestinians,
    saying there maybe be hamas nearby is not enough to justify destroying any large building in gaza.
    israel gets billions from america in military aid,
    it cant just ignore the palestinians free speech and the right of journalists to work and report in a safe environment.
    yes there are victims on both sides,
    israeli citizens have been killed by rockets launched by hamas.
    At this point the israeli army has broken many international laws
    in regarding the treatment of civilians and the wholesale destruction
    of buildings and civilian infrastructure

What's your view on apartheid again?

I'm against any form of apartheid, but I'm a Zionist who supports the existence of an independent Jewish state.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Overheal wrote: »
    Incredibly ironic statement coming from the IDF.

Do you support Islamic supremacist jihadist terrorists or do you support the right of the Jewish people to defend themselves from another Holocaust?

• Advertisement

Do you support Islamic supremacist jihadist terrorists or do you support the right of the Jewish people to defend themselves from another Holocaust?

Unload your question first please.

I, for one, cannot.

I never asked you to "understand" anything dude. You should just stop spreading false propaganda.

So you DO agree with the Hamas Charter,... Ok

I don’t give a sh1t about the Hamas charter mate, it’s nonsense deflection for breitbart readers who want to excuse mass killings, ethnic cleansing, attacks on journalists and other atrocities.

Also an ad hominem so expect a report.

I'm against any form of apartheid, but I'm a Zionist who supports the existence of an independent Jewish state.

Do you support that state even if it's apartheid?

'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid
    B’Tselem – The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories strives to end Israel’s occupation, recognizing that this is the only way to achieve a future that ensures human rights, democracy, liberty and equality to all people, Palestinian and Israeli alike

Not hired by anyone.

As opposed to shouting anti semitism at anybody who disagrees with you, asking questions in bad faith, general personal attacks etc.

Do you support that state even if it's apartheid?

'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'

You are choosing to apply the political term, "apartheid".

In my view, there is one Jewish state and aggressors knocking viciously at the door.

I don't support a two-state solution. I support a Jewish state, and the Arabs in the vicinity can do as they wish - as long as they do not attack Israel.

Legitimate debate.

How do you define that? Does your definition include arguing via logical fallacies?

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Israelis are the new Nazis.
    Murderous tyrannical state.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

If Israel didn't exist im sure the Palestinians would have a great democracy just like Egypt, Syria, Jordan etc
    A garden of eden it would be. Proud to take its place among the democracy loving Arabs.

• Advertisement

You are choosing to apply the political term, "apartheid".

In my view, there is one Jewish state and aggressors knocking viciously at the door.

It's Human Rights Watch that apply the term for Israels persecution of Palestinians
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution

And B'Tselem who apply the term

Maybe read the reports

Advertisement