Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

Housefree wrote: »
    It's Human Rights Watch that apply the term for Israels persecution of Palestinians
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution

And B'Tselem who apply the term
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid

Maybe read the reports

I don't accept the premise of these highly biased organizations.

Israel is a democratic diamond in the Middle East, surrounded by despotic regimes and incoherent savages.

Israel is a democratic diamond in the Middle East, surrounded by despotic regimes and incoherent savages.

Shocked by that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭McFly85

Bobtheman wrote: »
    If Israel didn't exist im sure the Palestinians would have a great democracy just like Egypt, Syria, Jordan etc
    A garden of eden it would be. Proud to take its place among the democracy loving Arabs.

That’s beside the point. They exist, and they deserve the same rights afforded to anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

eskimohunt wrote: »
    I support a Jewish state, and the Arabs in the vicinity can do as they wish .

Indeed this is what supporters of apartheid would say, and you don't mean they can live in Israel with full rights

Your tone has actually Changed during the day. Must be a shift change at head quarters

Israel employs an army of social media warriors, make sure you don't get caught up debating them
    https://electronicintifada.net/content/inside-israels-million-dollar-troll-army/27566

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭blackcard

What about the prospect of babies being blown to pieces by Hamas' rockets? Indiscriminate rockets that hope to kill as many civilians as possible.

Why do you only care about Palestinian babies?

I agree with you. What Hamas is doing is wrong.
    What Israel is doing is 100 times as wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1393670887665188866?s=19

Are you on the side of Israel or are you on the side of murderous Islamic supremacist jihadist terrorists?

Before I take a side I want to know which of the two sides has nuclear warheads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

Happening now ten minutes or more. Definitely the largest rocket launch so far. Tel Aviv sirens are going off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

The bots laungauge is getting more extreme.

Good to see how you view your neighbors.

Indeed this is what supporters of apartheid would say, and you don't mean they can live in Israel with full rights

The Jewish and Arab populations were, in 1948, presented with bifurcated zones - one Israeli and one Arab.

The Israeli side said yes.

The Arab side said no.

War ensued, as the Arabs - almost inspired by the Holocaust - sought to repeat the same.

They lost. And so they lost the peace terms.

What folly. How things could have turned out differently.

The Jewish and Arab populations were, in 1948, presented with bifurcated zones - one Israeli and one Arab.

The Arab side said no.

War ensued, as the Arabs - almost inspired by the Holocaust - sought to repeat the same.

All the best for Israel.

All the worst for Palastine.

To hell or to Connaught eh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

And you have the gall to accuse others of being antisemitic. This is just pure racism. The mask has well and truly slipped now. I suggest all ignore this poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭antgal23

The Arab side said no.

A bit more complicated than that

Take a read of the Haavara Agreement

Jews deliberately sent to Palestine to steal land

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

namloc1980 wrote: »
    And you have the gall to accuse others of being antisemitic. This is just pure racism. The mask has well and truly slipped m now. I suggest all ignore this poster.

It's obviously not one poster, it's a shill account. The tone totally changed. Shift change at head quarters

Israel employs an army of social media warriors, make sure you don't get caught up debating them
    https://electronicintifada.net/content/inside-israels-million-dollar-troll-army/27566

It's obviously not one poster, it's a shill account. The tone totally changed. Shift change at head quarters

Yeah I think you are right. That account is certainly a shill account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Yeah I think you are right. That account is certainly a shill account.

I'm shocked by some of the stuff that's been said, and it's hard to shock me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

The Arab side said no.

The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was made a honorary SS General.

Arab Nationalism in particular Baathism was inspired by Nazism - the Arabs instead of Aryans as the master race.

Hamas is simply the Gaza branch of the Muslim Brotherhood that gave birth to modern Islamic fundamentalism.

Wahhabism was combined with fascism and created the extreme Islamo fascist movements that became Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Hamas is part of this spectrum and the rocket fire on Israel must be seen as part of the wider Islamic terrorist violence such as 9/11 and the wave of suicide bombings and vehicle attacks in Europe in recent years.

The Grand Mufti of Jerusalem was made a honorary SS General.

Arab Nationalism in particular Baathism was inspired by Nazism - the Arabs instead of Aryans as the master race.

Hamas is simply the Gaza branch of the Muslim Brotherhood that gave birth to modern Islamic fundamentalism.

Wahhabism was combined with fascism and created the extreme Islamo fascist movements that became Al Qaeda and ISIS.

Hamas is part of this spectrum and the rocket fire on Israel must be seen as part of the wider Islamic terrorist violence such as 9/11 and the wave of suicide bombings and vehicle attacks in Europe in recent years.

Funny how times change.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

The Arab side said no.

The Jews and Arab's would not have shared such a small area peacefully even if the other nations hadn't attacked.
    The big mistake was trying to reestablish a Jewish presence again in Israel after 2k years. It was a recipe for disaster. Anybody who studied the mandate history would know it was a tinder box at the best of times.

If you listen to Islamic extremists, they are indeed incoherent savages.

I don't apologize for being against Islamic extremism, no matter what form it takes.

Your racist mask has well and truly come off. I don't care to hear what racists have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

"We cannot defend this strike in its own right, so let's invoke the Holocaust, 9/11, and suicide bombings"

None of which have anything to do with the violence happening right now.

Pull another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Your racist mask has well and truly come off. I don't care to hear what racists have to say.

So if I call Islamic extremists like ISIS and Hamas, "incoherent savages", that's now considered "racist"?

Wow, how logic and reason has fallen.

This, by the way, is a perfect example of why the Left continues to lose election after election in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Your tone has actually Changed during the day. Must be a shift change at head quarters

Think he/she is gay or at least interested in gay rights and thinks Israel are allowed to murder innocent people because they are more permissive in terms of gay rights than most other places in the Middle East.

Really is twisted/sociopathic to justify killing innocent people based on this.

So if I call Islamic extremists like ISIS and Hamas, "incoherent savages", that's now considered "racist"?

Wow, how logic and reason has fallen.

This, by the way, is a perfect example of why the Left continues to lose election after election in the West.

You didn't shift the goalposts to ISIS yet when you said it:

"Israel is a democratic diamond in the Middle East, surrounded by despotic regimes and incoherent savages."

Pull another. Don't invoke "logic" while using logical fallacies.

Overheal wrote: »
    You didn't shift the goalposts to ISIS yet when you said it:

"Israel is a democratic diamond in the Middle East, surrounded by despotic regimes and incoherent savages."

Pull another. Don't invoke "logic" while using logical fallacies.

Which is precisely true.

Democratic Israel is surrounded by Syria, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt - all of whom are replete with Islamic extremism of their own despotism and variety.

Individuals may subscribe to any of these violent ideologies, hating the existence of an independent Jewish state. Incoherent savages encompasses that kind of racism entirely.

Which is precisely true.

Israel is surrounded by Syria, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Egypt - all of whom are replete with Islamic extremism of their own despotism and variety.

Individuals may subscribe to any of these violent ideologies, hating the existence of an independent Jewish state. Incoherent savages encompasses that kind of racism entirely.

Freudian Slip?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

"We cannot defend this strike in its own right, so let's invoke the Holocaust, 9/11, and suicide bombings"

None of which have anything to do with the violence happening right now.

Pull another.

It has everything to do with it.

The aim of the Islamic fundamentalists world wide is to destroy Israel overthrow Arab regimes and sow terror and disorder around the free world. Their aim is global Islamic supremacy and the establishment of a global Caliphate.

Freudian Slip?

Not at all.

They are despotic.

In contrast, Israel holds free and fair democratic elections.

May I add, that I am not a fan of every Israeli politician.

Benjamin Netanyahu, for example, I find repellant - on many levels; he is, for me, the Israeli version of Berti Ahern.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Barry904

Israeli sympathisers in Ireland generally fall along the same lines of Brit apologist partitionists here in our own country.

• Advertisement

It has everything to do with it.

The aim of the Islamic fundamentalists world wide is to destroy Israel overthrow Arab regimes and sow terror and disorder around the free world. Their aim is global Islamic supremacy and the establishment of a global Caliphate.

We aren't discussing Islamic fundamentalists worldwide, or a hypothetical Caliphate, we are discussing Palestine, and Israel.

Advertisement