Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I see a lot of people commenting online supporting Palestineans supporting Hamas terrorists. "wouldn't you support them if your family was killed too?"

I wonder how supportive these people are of ISIS beheading Americans or gunning down people in France. Or I wonder how supportive these people would be of Iraq dropping bombs on the US or UK?

Just like Irish people like the glorify the IRA and use their quotes "Thatcher has to be lucky every time, we only have to be lucky once", Palestine can lose every time, Israel can only lose once.

I stand with Israel and it's right to defend itself from terrorists!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

namloc1980 wrote: »
    A bunch of arseholes in London who nobody would condone are bringing the outage brigade out.

55 children murdered in Gaza....... silence.

There would be a lot more murdered if Israel did not have the Iron Dome. Thankfully for them they do have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

A bunch of arseholes in London who nobody would condone are bringing the outage brigade out.

Nobody could condone it. But Israel have no other choice but to respond to rocket attacks, any sign of weakness in the middle east results in chaos and even greater atrocities. The Iraqi army shyed away from tackling ISIS and look what happened.

🙈🙉🙊

Someone should have a word with him. Christ.

https://twitter.com/gunnerpunner/status/1393920559243829248

There is a lot of truth in this;

https://twitter.com/JoosyJew/status/1393877208872235008
    I'm not saying this is the case here but Israel has sometimes used tactics like this to discredit people who support Palestinians. I wouldn't agree with the way the person in the video is saying as it'll only damage and not help

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Pussyhands wrote: »
    I see a lot of people commenting online supporting Palestineans supporting Hamas terrorists. "wouldn't you support them if your family was killed too?"

I wonder how supportive these people are of ISIS beheading Americans or gunning down people in France. Or I wonder how supportive these people would be of Iraq dropping bombs on the US or UK?

Just like Irish people like the glorify the IRA and use their quotes "Thatcher has to be lucky every time, we only have to be lucky once", Palestine can lose every time, Israel can only lose once.

I stand with Israel and it's right to defend itself from terrorists!

So you support the murder of innocent civilians and the robbery of palestinian land. Israel is also arresting any journalists in gaza who don't support their narrative, presume you agree with this also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Apartheid being called out on mainstream US channel, this is a big move forward

Israel is an apartheid state
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution.

Israels Human Rights organization declared it Apartheid
    'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid

Calling out Islamists driving through European capital cities calling for the rape of Jewish women in your words is "bringing out the outrage brigade"....

Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

What's so genuinely terrifying about that. ^^

Just look at the news of small kids being killed by Israeli's if you want to be genuinely terrified.

This is terrifying to the Jewish women of London and the rest of the UK but not it seems to you. Good man. I assume you are a man because a woman would never post what you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

Just to be clear - deliberately left in harms way by Hamas, for their own political gain.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    So you support the murder of innocent civilians and the robbery of palestinian land. Israel is also arresting any journalists in gaza who don't support their narrative, presume you agree with this also

It's either Israel innocents getting killed or some Palestineans in the process of killing Hamas terrorists.

Israel have constantly shown they are about civilians by giving advance notice of bomb targets. They also, to the massive disappointment of the media, tricked everyone into thinking they were invading Gaza to force Hamas into tunnels where they bombed them away from civilians.

• Advertisement

. They also, to the massive disappointment of the media.

Bombed their building, to suppress coverage of the apartheid states numerous war crimes

Housefree wrote: »
    Bombed their building, to suppress coverage of the apartheid states numerous war crimes

I mean, they were given advanced notice to evacuate. It's not like the journalists can't work anymore. Is Al Jazeera down? Can they not report on the conflict anymore??? Please answer this!

It houses Hamas intelligence...imagine a communications hub housing intelligence personnel....shocking! :O

You people fall for Hamas PR. THERE'S A REASON HAMAS HIDE AMONGST THESE PEOPLE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This is terrifying to the Jewish women of London and the rest of the UK but not it seems to you. Good man. I assume you are a man because a woman would never post what you did.

I do beat and rape women all the time makes me feel like a big man. :pac:

Mod: I know you think you're funny, but this is not ok - enjoy your permanent forum holiday

I mean, they were given advanced notice to evacuate. It's not like the journalists can't work anymore. Is Al Jazeera down? Can they not report on the conflict anymore??? Please answer this!

It houses Hamas intelligence...imagine a communications hub housing intelligence personnel....shocking! :O

The CEO of Associated press stated it will impact on the information that can get out of Gaza. One would think that an apartheid regime guilty of constant human rights abuses is trying to stop the flow of information

Israel is an apartheid state
    https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/04/27/abusive-israeli-policies-constitute-crimes-apartheid-persecution.

Israels Human Rights organization declared it Apartheid
    'A regime of Jewish supremacy from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea: This is apartheid'
    https://www.btselem.org/publications/fulltext/202101_this_is_apartheid

Palestinians live under constant human rights abuses
    https://www.amnesty.org/en/countries/middle-east-and-north-africa/israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-israel-and-occupied-palestinian-territories/

Ireland has a great Palestinian solidarity group
    https://www.ipsc.ie/

SADAKA Mission: ‘To promote and maximise support for changes in Ireland’s domestic and foreign policies which advance the achievement of self-determination and other fundamental rights of the Palestinian people.’
    https://www.sadaka.ie/

Make sure you check out the boycott campaign
    https://bdsmovement.net/

I do beat and rape women all the time makes me feel like a big man. :pac:

Twisted

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What evidence is there Hamas used the building?

Israel destroyed media equipment. Their capacity to report has been greatly diminished. Israel doesn’t want the world to see Gaza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDQkv9kq60
    This is what they do to Journalists that don't agree with their agenda. The mans grandmother has had her house stolen off her 4 times since 1948, is this all part of self defence?. Can you name any civilised country that would do this and have people defend it. To the Israeli apologists, if your house/land had been robbed off you, what would you honestly do? wrap yourself in an Israel flag:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Gatling wrote: »
    Wikipedia by the sounds of it ,

Claims all needing citation ,it's Comes up in most of these threads about the huge Israelis losses but the very little other than what's on wiki

It's the Winograd Commission. That was an inquiry after the war set up by the Israeli government. From that upwards of 40% of Merkavas that were hit were penetrated, with a number outright destroyed while others were not repaired and scrapped for parts. 30 tank personnel were killed in those attacks which was way more than the Israeli forces would have expected.

Overheal wrote: »
    What evidence is there Hamas used the building?

Israel destroyed media equipment. Their capacity to report has been greatly diminished. Israel doesn’t want the world to see Gaza

No need for any evidence, don't you the Israelis always tell the truth, they wouldn't drop bombs on a building endangering people lives, that's what the bad muslims do ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Biker79 wrote: »
    Just to be clear - deliberately left in harms way by Hamas, for their own political gain.

This is IDF propaganda word for word. Israel are killing civilians. Why are you trying to excuse this slaughter?

• Advertisement

This is IDF propaganda word for word. Israel are killing civilians. Why are you trying to excuse this slaughter?

Media center? Intelligence center
    Grade school? Training camp
    Hospital? Stronghold
    Family home? Base of operations

Start using IDF vernacular

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

So we can put all these people into the same bucket because they might be all Muslim? any Palestinian child blasted to smithereens by a missile tonight is guilty by association of those other crimes. Sorry little Hamid - a black Muslim fella attacked some people in France a few years ago so you're just going to have to take your punishment

https://twitter.com/piarais91/status/1393916790988750848

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1393646177506283532
    At least these people have decency and show their support for murder victims

Hamas are killing their own civilians (in effect ) because its the only effective weapon they have against the IDF - in terms of the headlines it generates throughout the world. They rely on people like yourself.

Taking out their media/ intelligence center deprives them of this tactic.

You have to wonder how an organization could sacrifice its own civilians for a power grab....but they have no qualms in doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,856 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Hamas are killing their own civilians (in effect ) because its the only effective weapon they have against the IDF - in terms of the headlines it generates throughout the world. They rely on people like yourself.

You have to wonder how an organization could sacrifice its own civilians for a power grab....but they have no qualms in doing so.

I didn't know Hamas were running the Associated Press organisation.

Ya learn something new every day!

They’re Israeli bombs, Israeli commanders and Israeli personnel.

Go away with that bull****

Overheal wrote: »
    They’re Israeli bombs, Israeli commanders and Israeli personnel.

Go away with that bull****

And if they didn't retaliate, they would be overrun by every ISIS terrorist in the region.

Such is the zero sum game of middle eastern conflict.

Doesn't have to be that way though - Israel is the only liberal democracy capable of bringing increased living standards to its neighbours. If only certain groups were able to engage and negotiate...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And if they didn't retaliate, they would be overrun by every ISIS terrorist in the region.

Doesn't have to be that way though - Israel is the only liberal democracy capable of bringing increased living standards to its neighbours. If only certain groups were able to engage and negotiate...

By kicking them out of thier homes to give to people of the Jewish faith? By forcing them into smaller enclaves? By refusing them the rights to fish and feed thier families? By refusing them basic medical care? By blocking deliveries of vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

That building included apartments, and have you seen any proof that building housed anything to do with Hamas - which even if it did, simply isn't sufficient justification anyway? The IDF, and Israel in general are liars: they said they didn't use white phophorous in Lebanon, as just one example, so spare me their spurious claims used to justify an atack on the press in Gaza.

I just saw some magpies on the roof of you house. I don't like magpies, so I'm going to level your house. You have 10 minutes to get out. Does that make me a great guy for giving you a warning or an absolute criminal for levelling your house?

• Advertisement

Israel doesn’t get to be called Liberal. No way no how. It is engaged in ethnic cleansing and conferring unique rights to citizens of a particular faith. It’s patently illiberal. Pull another.

Fear of ISIS is not a reason to bomb Gazans. One is not the other. Fear is not a justification for genocide.

Advertisement