Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Odhinn wrote: »
    You mean like Apartheid South Africa.

I think the cognitive dissonance in play has been thoroughly demonstrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus. Do you actually believe this stuff?? So the forced expulsion of the 700,000 Palestinians after the 1948 war by the emerging Israeli state, and the ongoing eviction of Palestinians for Jewish settlers is just a CPO like the Port Tunnel. Fckuing hell I've never heard such propaganda. The IDF wouldn't come up with that. :pac:

Nobody mentioned the 1948 war, we're talking about ongoing land rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    Do please expand for the record

Gladly

For those who don't know how Ethiopian Jews were treated in Israel.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/eliseknutsen/2013/01/28/israel-foribly-injected-african-immigrant-women-with-birth-control/amp/
    Israel Forcibly Injected African Immigrants with Birth Control

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Biker79 wrote: »
    SA was never surrounded by hostile forces trying to wipe them out.

Jordan and Egypt are at peace with Israel, Lebanon is irrelevant due to military weakness.

It's a bit much to say Israel is under threat when it builds civillian housing and not military outposts in the occupied territories.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Biker79 wrote:

You just quoted a poster who mentioned the 1948 war...just saying.

• Advertisement

SA was never surrounded by hostile forces trying to wipe them out.

We're not talking about outside hostile forces though are we, we are talking about hostilities inside the 2 states of Israel and Palestine.

Hopefully you are able to answer this question,

Does being afraid of the threat from Iran justify the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I love that you think Palestinians getting evicted is like a CPO. And love that you just want to ignore the 1948 war and the forced expulsion of 700,000 people. I wonder why? Do you think that was right?

Jesus.

That's eugenics. Israel is or was practicing eugenics?! The Jewish people are a noteworthy victim of eugenics. It defies belief that they do this. And yet look at how they treat people today. It's horrifying. That is genocide.

So, for those of you who are Very Very Certain that you know who is in the right in this conflict and in all history that lead to it... what's your solution for the short-, medium- and long-term? And how does your solution serve the Israeli and Palestinian people?

A Jewish Ethno-State of Israel, born purposefully of genocide, does not have a right to exist, can everyone agree? Who disagrees?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

That's absolutely disgusting. Shame on Israel.

We're not talking about outside hostile forces though are we, we are talking about hostilities inside the 2 states of Israel and Palestine.

Hopefully you are able to answer this question,

Does being afraid of the threat from Iran justify the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinian people?

You need to see the geographical problem they have. Iran has proxies inside syria and lebanon. Jordan would fold under pressure. Theres a lot to keep an eye on.

Your Woke hyperbole isn't doing you any favors, in terms of credibility.

I love that you think Palestinians getting evicted is like a CPO. And love that you just want to ignore the 1948 war and the forced expulsion of 700,000 people. I wonder why? Do you think that was right?

110% I think it was right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

So, for those of you who are Very Very Certain that you know who is in the right in this conflict and in all history that lead to it... what's your solution for the short-, medium- and long-term? And how does your solution serve the Israeli and Palestinian people?

-Israel out of the West Bank.
    -Gaza and the west bank geographically connected.
    -More Mediterranean coastline given to the newly formed Palastine.

It will never happen though, since Israel encouraged settlement en masse into the WestBank.it was attempted in Gaza too but the palastinians turfed them out before they embeds themselves.

A Jewish Ethno-State of Israel, born purposefully of genocide, does not have a right to exist, can everyone agree? Who disagrees?

I think that seventy-something years later such black-and-white, hyperbolic proclamations are pointless, inflammatory, and very easy to make from the comfort of an armchair in a place that will never be threatened by the ongoing conflict. It's a simplistic, short-sighted, emotional and fatuous proposition.

What would you propose to do about your resulting "jewish question" if you got your druthers and the state of Israel were dissolved?

Israel has the Iron Dome. If it so wanted it could make it such that there is never any point in any bombardment. They could have sanctioned gaza for the first rocket attack and assassinated members of the Hamas military if they so chose. Instead they responded to the rockets with more bombs, which in turn triggers the right of Palestinians to defend themselves against the missile launchers, using horribly inaccurate dumbfire rockets, which Israel then says is why they need to bomb the schools and hospitals, etc. etc.

Israel has among the most modern militaries in the world, it is a boot quarreling with an ant. They simply need to choose to take a principled defensive stance.

How can it be fair for one group of people to dictate to the other?

Was the Nazi kristillnacht and taking over of Jewish businesses(before the war) fair even though the Jewish people had no say? (Answer this directly - try not to call me anti semetic)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Here's the ridiculous excuse the idf gave for destroying the large building containing independent media the AP and all jazerra. Sometimes Hamas use tall buildings to observe or scout
    out targets
    So idf is saying they are free to destroy Any building in Gaza
    a church bank tower block etc
    This is bull**** state propoganda which goes against international laws and the American government
    which states media and journalists must be protected
    and allowed to do their work in a safe environment
    Hamas do not have high tech weapons
    They simply launch drones in the direction of israel
    90 per cent of rockets are stopped by the iron dome
    They don't have acess to hi tech drones or satellite data
    The situaion is getting worse as many areas have no
    power no water low supplys of food due to the intense
    bombing
    Thier are victims on both sides but the whole civilian
    population including children are being punished by the
    intense level of bombing

Jesus.

That's eugenics. Israel is or was practicing eugenics?! The Jewish people are a noteworthy victim of eugenics. It defies belief that they do this. And yet look at how they treat people today. It's horrifying. That is genocide.

Yup so we have Eugenics, and Genocide....but they are nothing like the people who nearly wiped them out back in the forties....nothing like them at all.

Ah so you believe in ethnic cleansing and the massacre of people. What a sick and perverse perspective. But as you believe in it, I presume you also agree with the Nazi holocaust? You're surely not a massive hypocrite are you?

• Advertisement

Ah so you believe in ethnic cleansing and the massacre of people. What a sick and perverse perspective.

:rolleyes:

I think that seventy-something years later such black-and-white, hyperbolic proclamations are pointless, inflammatory, and very easy to make from the comfort of an armchair in a place that will never be threatened by the ongoing conflict. It's a simplistic, short-sighted, emotional and fatuous proposition.

What would you propose to do about your resulting "jewish question" if you got your druthers and the state of Israel were dissolved?

It's not a matter of the dissolution of Israel. It is about putting an abrupt halt to genocide.

Should we as nations continue lending support to a genocidal ethno-state, or do we shove off and leave them to their own self-determination now?

Israel pulls back to pre existing borders, Palestinians have the right to return, a 2 state solution is worked upon.

Which is hardly a denial.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    How can it be fair for one group of people to dictate to the other?

Was the Nazi kristillnacht and taking over of Jewish businesses(before the war) fair even though the Jewish people had no say? (Answer this directly - try not to call me anti semetic)

What an utterly daft comparison. I hope you didn't make that with a straight face.

When you run out of excuses for your support of ethnic cleansing, resort to emoji faces. Seems about right.

What an utterly daft comparison. I hope you didn't make that with a straight face.

The scary thing is - it’s not at all. The pre war situation in Europe was very similar to what is going on in Israel right now.

Please don’t call me daft again.

Answer:

Did you agree with the British occupation of Northern Ireland and thier treatment of Catholics up there?

Yup so we have Eugenics, and Genocide....but they are nothing like the people who nearly wiped them out back in the forties....nothing like them at all.

Culture has explored this issue on a number of occasions, such as

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/2010_(episode)

The overwhelming consensus seems to be that nobody would tolerate their race being sterilized out of existence.

• Advertisement

Did you agree with the British occupation of Northern Ireland and thier treatment of Catholics up there?

I think the quality of posting by the boards Woke brigade ( most of whom I suspect are about twelve ) , has deteriorated so much that there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Good night!

Advertisement