Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    Culture has explored this issue on a number of occasions, such as

https://stargate.fandom.com/wiki/2010_(episode)

The overwhelming consensus seems to be that nobody would tolerate their race being sterilized out of existence.

I note that Israels most vocal supporter has not had the decency to comment on the forced sterilisation of Ethiopian Jews by the state of Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Biker79 wrote: »
    I think the quality of posting by the boards Woke brigade ( most of whom I suspect are about twelve ) , has deteriorated so much that there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Good night!

It’s not an airport(or east Jerusalem) no need to announce your departure!

I think the quality of posting by the boards Woke brigade ( most of whom I suspect are about twelve ) , has deteriorated so much that there's no point in continuing this discussion.

Good night!

Aaaaaaaaand we have another runner!

Who had 8pm shift change in the raffle?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Good night!

^^^^^

When you support the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians but are too cowardly to defend your indefensible perspective, just run away.

Aaaaaaaaand we have another runner!

Who had 8pm shift change in the raffle?

I wonder who's on the night shift?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Good night!

Considering you were avoiding answering difficult questions its probably for the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Can we ban the use of the word woke please. The last 4 pages have been a never ending cycle of your woke your woke your woke - it’s as bad as anti semitic being bandied about if you so much as question the Israeli response.

On another note I thought Simon Covney spoke well at the UN today. Called on world leaders to aid de- escalation and to focus on finding a political solution to the conflict.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,492 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

lulublue22 wrote: »
    Can we ban the use of the word woke please. The last 4 pages have been a never ending cycle of your woke your woke your woke - it’s as bad as anti semitic being bandied about if you so much as question the Israeli response.

On another note I thought Simon Covney spoke well at the UN today. Called on world leaders to aid de- escalation and to focus on finding a political solution to the conflict.

It was just a straw clutched at, nothing more, which I don't think the breadth of honest readers are the least bit influenced by.

Maybe aul biker79 saw the light after the debate and is gone to have a think about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The warning system clearly doesn't work if children are being slaughtered by the dozen.

I was referring to the press building, but if you look at the number of airstrikes and artillery strikes over several hundred of each and only a handful of deaths the warnings seem to be working especially in a densely populated area ,
    Even if you take propaganda into it can lower the number of those actually killed Vs the number claimed with the number of strikes carried out ,were Still seeing a relatively low number of civilians killed ,
    The killing of civilians especially children is absolutely abhorrent and should be a absolutely condemned across the globe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Good night!

Wtf has woke got to do with blowing up kids? Go hide behind stupid buzzwords that have f all to do with this topic. Utter drivel and nonsense.

It was just a straw clutched at, nothing more, which I don't think the breadth of honest readers are the least bit influenced by.

Yes , it was anti Semitic last night, woke tonight. Such is life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

How about we re-home few thousands Palestinians to Ireland. Just to see if they'll be good neighbors. Since Israel is being barbecued, we might try that.. After politicians here expressed their strong view on the situation.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    How about we re-home few thousands Palestinians to Ireland. Just to see if they'll be good neighbors. Since Israel is being barbecued, we might try that.. After politicians here expressed their strong view on the situation.

Why should we?

They have a perfectly good home that I’m sure they would prefer to live in.

If this continues of course we should offer to take some in, it’s not like they would be economic migrants.

Gatling wrote: »
    I was referring to the press building, but if you look at the number of airstrikes and artillery strikes over several hundred of each and only a handful of deaths the warnings seem to be working especially in a densely populated area ,
    Even if you take propaganda into it can lower the number of those actually killed Vs the number claimed with the number of strikes carried out ,were Still seeing a relatively low number of civilians killed ,
    The killing of civilians especially children is absolutely abhorrent and should be a absolutely condemned across the globe

Well with the AP they had the phone number. That's not always the case for the other targets.

Israel has the technology, the imaging technology, satellite air and ground. Half of that tech is invented in Israel. I'm not convinced they don't know there are children at their targets, and they carry on anyway.

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Maybe aul biker79 saw the light after the debate and is gone to have a think about it :)

It was amazing how he went from "Israel is very tolerant" to "yes Israel was 110% right to ethnically cleanse the Palestinians" in the space of a few posts. Haven't seen a mask slipping that quickly in a long time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

https://twitter.com/PaulDonnellySF/status/1393953836000219136

even years ago, some irish people were defending the indefensible

How about we re-home few thousands Palestinians to Ireland.

Because they don't have the right to exist in Palestine?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Why should Palestinians have to leave their rightful home, maybe Israel give back the land they've stolen and stop the illegal settlements.
    BTW, if some post asked the question should we rehome thousands of Israelis, there would be uproar and the term anti semite would appear a lot.

Why should we?

They have a perfectly good home that I’m sure they would prefer to live in.

If this continues of course we should offer to take some in, it’s not like they would be economic migrants.

Well as I read around it doesn't look like perfectly good home. But of course I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

UDAWINNER wrote: »

According to that article: in 1985 2 Irish Senators opposed a proposed ban on the import of South African fuits and vegetables, not because they supported Apartheid but because they were concerned about Ireland breaching it's commitments to international trade agreements, EEC legislation as well as "face possible retaliation by South Africa which was a 'hefty net importer of Irish goods.'"
    Mr Barry, the minister for foreign affairs, informed the Labour leader and Tánaiste Dick Spring that other EEC countries had taken some form of unilateral action against South Africa including Denmark which had enacted legislation forbidding new investment by Danish firms in South Africa. However, he pointed out no other EEC states had imposed an actual ban on the importation of goods.

“A unilateral ban on trade with South Africa is inappropriate at present in that it would be unlikely to influence the South African government to end apartheid,” Mr Barry reasoned. He claimed for pressure on South Africa to be effective, there had to be an international agreement on measures to be taken.

He believed sanctions would have to be mandatory, graduated, carefully chosen, and fully implemented if they were to work.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20373919.html

Don't let that distract you from May 2021.

Well as I read around it doesn't look like perfectly good home. But of course I could be wrong.

It would be if one side would stop treating the other like sub humans :)

Of course there are aggressors on both sides, and wrongs committed by both sides.

But as another poster has said maybe we should look to move the Israelis since they feel so threatened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It was amazing how he went from "Israel is very tolerant" to "yes I 110% support the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians" in the space of a few posts. Haven't seen a mask slipping that quickly in a long time :pac:

Anti semitic has been mentioned about 1 million times on this thread. I haven't seen being anti Muslim mentioned once. And I think guys like "Eskimo" opinions are based entirely off their hatred of Muslims. Therefore they don't see the Palestinians as humans and think they are deserving of it. So they have no problem in trying to justify what Israel does.

I couldn't care less what religion either side is . I just think its an overlooked point on here. Its not an argument of what is right and wrong with them, its purely they're Muslim, they deserve it.

Why should Palestinians have to leave their rightful home, maybe Israel give back the land they've stolen and stop the illegal settlements.
    BTW, if some post asked the question should we rehome thousands of Israelis, there would be uproar and the term anti semite would appear a lot.

I see so let's re-home Jewish. I'm up for both alternatives.

Depends on what you call indefensible.

I'd still buy Israeli goods in a supermarket. Not that I'd go out of my way. I just wouldn't check.

It would be if one side would stop treating the other like sub humans :)

Of course there are aggressors on both sides, and wrongs committed by both sides.

But as another poster has said maybe we should look to move the Israelis since they feel so threatened.

Thanks for the part mentioning aggressors on both sides.

For the first part of your post, do you think Palestinians would treat Jews better... I don't think so.

For the first part of your post, do you think Palestinians would treat Jews better... I don't think so.

Well, i guess that's my earlier question answered ;)

It’s hard to say. I am of the opinion that the Palstinninan people have proved(in the last number of years anyway) that they are less aggressive, less expansionist and less cold hearted than the Israeli people.

Let’s not forget Israel is the state forcing palastinians off their land.

I would like to see a two state soloution, but a fair one, not the original purposed deal where Palastine got the desert and Israel the best land.

It’s hard to say. I am of the opinion that the Palstinninan people have proved(in the last number of years anyway) that they are less aggressive, less expansionist and less cold hearted than the Israeli people.

Let’s not forget Israel is the state forcing palastinians off their land.

I would like to see a two state soloution, but a fair one, not the original purposed deal where Palastine got the desert and Israel the best land.

Just going to correct myself - should say Israeli state - tarring all Israeli people with the same brush is incorrect and I am of the opinion many settlers go to the West Bank for a better quality of life.

• Advertisement

Well, i guess that's my earlier question answered ;)

Haven't got a clue what was your earlier question.

Advertisement