Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli - Palestinian Conflict *Threadbans in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,486 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

biko wrote: »
    Maybe you were not listening with sound on but it's pretty clear what happens in the video.
    Are you saying the home invasion isn't real?

Did you ever bother to watch it, or was it "attack Andy" mode on immediately?

What verifies the time, date, location, and principle subjects identities? Where is the source file? What is the GPS tag on the video file?

All yet unverified. This video is not proven evidence of the claims made. The Israeli Defense Force - a pretty advanced military power, managed to get its facts wrong without asking those questions too when it reported Hamas was using that decoy launcher pictured.

Cammers will upload a video of a barfight and some other idiot will recirculate it with the caption "ANTIFA attacks humble father of 3 etc" and the purpose of this circulation is to fearmongering and demagoguery. I'd rather wait for the report to be verified by local British press.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/14981727/youtuber-mufti-abu-layth/
    Posting in the early hours after the incident Mufti Abu Layth wrote on his official Facebook page: "Just had some masked-up thugs break into my house, smash the doors and windows, yelling "free Palestine".

The Sun didn't seek a comment from the Birmingham Police? That's a bit odd. And even odder:
    Hours before the attack on his home, he warned his Facebook followers there was a fake video of him circulating on YouTube which falsely attributed comments to him about the Israel/Palestine conflict.

He wrote: "This is NOT a video I have created, or uploaded, but is instead cut and pasted and uploaded by my haters in an absurd attempt to defame me.

"The really disgusting element is how these people are exploiting the Palestinian tragedy to further their hateful agendas against me."

So even if you buy into one video being real, the other must congruently be fake? They could both be faked.

The Sun is just repeating information gleaned from the video and the alleged victim, it doesn't report verifying the video themselves, or seeking comments from the Birmingham Police verifying the alleged victims claim that the Birmingham Police are involved:
    "These thugs recorded themselves and circulated them (the videos) on WhatsApp groups.

"The police now have these videos and are treating the matter with urgency.

"If anybody has any information about the identity of these people... or recognises their voices please forward it to me or get in touch with the police."

So we still lack verification.

Regarding the situation on the ground in Gaza and the verification of coverage coming from there: surely it's a boon to IDF propaganda that we now lack a central and trustworthy associated press in Gaza, they've all been left scattered with whatever gear they could grab on their way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

arctictree wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how a protest with hundreds of people went ahead in Dublin yesterday?

I heard it went “very well”.

You can't get the Covid if you're constantly shouting. ;)

• Advertisement

You can't get the Covid if you're constantly shouting. ;)

Aren't jackbooted on if you aren't travelers with a marquee either

But hey I guess some free speech is more important: vows of marriage? pah, vows of solidarity? Meh, ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Biker79 wrote: »
    The IDF are more credible than any grifter on Twitter, or any Woke leftist for that matter.

the evidence and fact checks would suggest otherwise, that the IDF in fact have no credibility and are pathological liars.
    Caught lying on twitter? Twitter is a cesspool of liars, so am not sure how that makes any sense.

My guess is that your post is in itself, a complete fabrication. Just a hunch.

your hunch is factually incorrect.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

the evidence and fact checks would suggest otherwise, that the IDF in fact have no credibility and are pathological liars.

your hunch is factually incorrect.

Its the emotionally incontinent leftist who is a persistent liar - even to themselves. Half the lies they tell aren't even true..and the other half are a complete fabrication.

Good for a few retweets though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Shebean wrote: »
    Absolutely nobody supports Israel based on a moral or ethical belief. The stock answer 'right to defend itself' is script and very telling.
    If Israel wasn't a player with strong lobbying they'd be classed as Arabs fighting Arabs.
    Attacking the press was a big mistake. Everyone with a smartphone can report. Israel is building the case against Israel.
    Netenyahu is loving the bloodshed. Keeps attention off his criminal dealings and inability to form a government. He is putting Israeli and Palestinian lives on the line for his own benefit.

You could go back further than 1948—and many Jews would have you go back 2,000 years, pointing to the fact that this is their ancestral homeland, as evidenced by the history of the diaspora. The Jews were kicked out of Palestine and hunted and hounded and ghettoized and murdered for millennia—which would seem to justify the decision to return them to their homeland, provided it could be done in a way that wouldn’t ruin the lives of other people.

I don’t think Israel should exist as a Jewish state. And I don’t support anyone’s religious claims on that land.

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Henry The Hoover

arctictree wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how a protest with hundreds of people went ahead in Dublin yesterday?

The groups organising said they would be not officially organising them basically as they were warned not too by the gardai etc.. They put statementa out during the week

People and the groups organising went as individuals

Nothing the establishment can do

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Caught lying on twitter? Twitter is a cesspool of liars, so am not sure how that makes any sense.

My guess is that your post is in itself, a complete fabrication. Just a hunch.
    Its the emotionally incontinent leftist who is a persistent liar - even to themselves. Half the lies they tell aren't even true..and the other half are a complete fabrication.

Good for a few retweets though.

Clearly you're only interested in trolling the thread rather than actually discussing the topic, don't post here again

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Some unverified reports of rockets or mortars from Lebanon tonight into northern Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

cnocbui wrote: »
    They seem to be tripping over their own lies. The recently reported intercept rate is 80-90%, not 33%.

Or the majority of the rockets were duds considering they are home made its hardly any measuring stick to try claim Israel is lying about the intercept figure's and add they lack of any reports of any kind of major damage or strikes hitting all over Israel .

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Sadler Peak

The groups organising said they would be not officially organising them basically as they were warned not too by the gardai etc.. They put statementa out during the week

People and the groups organising went as individuals

Nothing the establishment can do

I would image if anti lockdown people did this you would be fuking raging, shouting Covid and such bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,014 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

These incidents are wrong and shouldn’t happen.
    Hope they’re caught and punished.

No excuses for thuggery even the wanton violence in Gaza by the Israeli murder machine.

For anyone who may be in Israel at this time.
    Red Alert provides real time alerts every time a terrorist fires rockets, mortars or missiles into Israel.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kobisnir.redalert&hl=en&gl=US

Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) has not-so-subtly suggested that the Associated Press knew that Hamas had offices in the Gaza tower where the AP had been housed for at least 15 years.

“Why is the Associated Press sharing a building with Hamas? Surely these intrepid reporters knew who their neighbors were,” Cotton said, his sarcasm clear.

“Did they knowingly allow themselves to be used as human shields by a US-designated terrorist organization? Did the AP pull its punches and decline to report for years on Hamas’ misdeeds?” Cotton continued.

“I submit that the AP has some uncomfortable questions to answer, yet the AP and its fellow journalists are in high dudgeon about Israel’s wholly appropriate air strike. Leave it to whiny reporters to make themselves the story and the victim when terrorists are shooting missiles at innocent civilians,” Cotton added

Israeli forces Saturday destroyed a tower in Gaza that house the Associated Press, Al Jazeera, and other media organizations. Israel has claimed that Hamas operated out of the building, making it a legitimate military target, and gave tenants and residents one hour to evacuate.

Sally Buzbee, the AP’s executive editor, has said that before the bureau received word to evacuate out, she was never informed, and never had any indication, that Hamas might be in the building.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Monday that he hasn’t seen any evidence supporting Israel’s claim that Hamas operated out of the building, according to the AP.

Cotton’s claim that the AP declined to report on Hamas “for years” is likely based on a claim from a former AP reporter, who wrote in a 2014 opinion piece that reporters at the news outlet’s Gaza bureau turned a blind eye to Hamas. AP said the former reporter’s claims are “filled with distortions, half-truths and inaccuracies.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/tom-cotton-slams-ap-whiny-reporters-after-gaza-offices-bombed-ap-has-some-uncomfortable-questions-to-answer/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i think its a crime to launch rockets into civilian area,s ,
    but hamas are outmatched 1000 times over by facing the IDF which has jets ,drones,tanks, missile launching ships that can target a building use gps and satellite data .
    At the moment israel is destroying buildings, roads, electricity cables, water pipes, punishing civilians for the crimes of hamas is out of proportion and a war crime.
    They have not provided a reasonable explanation for destroying the tower block that housed the ap and al jazeera media centre .

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭harmless

Does anyone have info on the type of underwater drones that Hamas apparently has?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-puts-out-video-of-strike-on-hamas-underwater-drone/

Overheal wrote: »
    Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR) has not-so-subtly suggested that the Associated Press knew that Hamas had offices in the Gaza tower where the AP had been housed for at least 15 years.

“Why is the Associated Press sharing a building with Hamas? Surely these intrepid reporters knew who their neighbors were,” Cotton said, his sarcasm clear.

“Did they knowingly allow themselves to be used as human shields by a US-designated terrorist organization? Did the AP pull its punches and decline to report for years on Hamas’ misdeeds?” Cotton continued.

“I submit that the AP has some uncomfortable questions to answer, yet the AP and its fellow journalists are in high dudgeon about Israel’s wholly appropriate air strike. Leave it to whiny reporters to make themselves the story and the victim when terrorists are shooting missiles at innocent civilians,” Cotton added

Israeli forces Saturday destroyed a tower in Gaza that house the Associated Press, Al Jazeera, and other media organizations. Israel has claimed that Hamas operated out of the building, making it a legitimate military target, and gave tenants and residents one hour to evacuate.

Sally Buzbee, the AP’s executive editor, has said that before the bureau received word to evacuate out, she was never informed, and never had any indication, that Hamas might be in the building.

Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Monday that he hasn’t seen any evidence supporting Israel’s claim that Hamas operated out of the building, according to the AP.

Cotton’s claim that the AP declined to report on Hamas “for years” is likely based on a claim from a former AP reporter, who wrote in a 2014 opinion piece that reporters at the news outlet’s Gaza bureau turned a blind eye to Hamas. AP said the former reporter’s claims are “filled with distortions, half-truths and inaccuracies.”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/tom-cotton-slams-ap-whiny-reporters-after-gaza-offices-bombed-ap-has-some-uncomfortable-questions-to-answer/
    This appears to be the official GOP line, and am seeing other copycats in the party. No interest in any evidence, just linking to a 2014 opinion piece, often without proper attribution, and then gaslighting the very notion that Israel committed any sort of war crime.

• Advertisement

harmless wrote: »
    Does anyone have info on the type of underwater drones that Hamas apparently has?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-puts-out-video-of-strike-on-hamas-underwater-drone/

Do you mean a perfectly ordinary sedan?

I don't know how this footage is mistaken as underwater at all.

Overheal wrote: »
    Do you mean a perfectly ordinary sedan?

I don't know how this footage is mistaken as underwater at all.

Yeah, I'd like to know how the IDF can claim that was an underwater drone. Was it a budget version of the James Bond Lotus Esprit?

harmless wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd like to know how the IDF can claim that was an underwater drone. Was it a budget version of the James Bond Lotus Esprit?

Now that's a classic! A grand feat of engineering made just for the movies. Very meta.

ec07b7b172d5e7932971fac5f9103823.jpg

Yeah not sure how the guys whose most advanced rocket is this thing is supposed to have one of the above:

Flickr_-_Israel_Defense_Forces_-_Eight_Qassam_Launchers_in_Gaza.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

The won't be peace for another few decades.
    Some dead in Ashkelon. Some dead in Gaza.

I love your optimism. There hasnt been peace in the Middle East since Cain killed Able, I doubt there will be peace without the tectonic plates shift again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Coveney knows why the UN security council failed to make a statement.
    He knows the country that continuously uses its veto.
    It's been done for many years.

Heavy aerial bombardment has now restarted in Gaza. Expect to hear of many more civilian casualties in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭batman75

J Mysterio wrote: »

I think the international body politic maybe be finally waking up to the war crimes of Israel as executed by the IDF. Interesting times ahead. The US remains the greatest stumbling block to a resolution to the suffering in Gaza.

batman75 wrote: »
    I think the international body politic maybe be finally waking up to the war crimes of Israel as executed by the IDF. Interesting times ahead. The US remains the greatest stumbling block to a resolution to the suffering in Gaza.

They're the 51st state as far as their policy on the situation goes. They'll veto all this until kingdom come. If they will veto a basic resolution condemning civilian casualties on both sides, then, they will veto anything.

Other countries would then be left to consider whether it is the United States they should be lobbying against, not Israel.

The irony is a security council member can veto their own removal from the security council. It's mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

America are and always will be the spanner in the works when it comes to taking Israel to task for its crimes.

Israel have turned Gaza into a ghetto from which there is no escape for innocent people, they're trapped while they bombard them relentlessly.

Advertisement