Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What’s the best diet for weight loss ?

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

bladespin wrote: »
    Very much this, love a couple of beers of a Saturday night and regardless of deficit I'll be up a couple of lbs the next morning (water I'd guess), falls off again but it's no fun.

There's around 270 calories in a pint of Heineken, and a gin with soda water has around 105 calories so not all of it falls off unfortunately.

But, if you Jog home from the sesh and do 5 to 10km you'll burn alot of it off lol

I forgot to add, to everyone using weighing scales, I would also recommend giving body fat calipers a try.

I sat at 88kg for 3 months but the calipers showed I went from 15% bodyfat to 11%.

If you're exercising as part of a weight loss goal you may gain muscle, which has weight to it, so just be careful before you punish yourself!

italodisco wrote: »
    I forgot to add, to everyone using weighing scales, I would also recommend giving body fat calipers a try.

I sat at 88kg for 3 months but the calipers showed I went from 15% bodyfat to 11%.

If you're exercising as part of a weight loss goal you may gain muscle, which has weight to it, so just be careful before you punish yourself!

Although it's true to not get too fixated on bodyweight, and focus on other things such as your circumference measurements, the reality is that if you're in a calorie deficit the best you can really hope for is maintaining muscle while losing bodyfat (and therefore weight).

Your example of losing 4% bodyfat while holding the same weight would mean you'd have to be packing on several kg of lean tissue in that time, which would very much rely on the use of some special 'supplements'.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Although it's true to not get too fixated on bodyweight, and focus on other things such as your circumference measurements, the reality is that if you're in a calorie deficit the best you can really hope for is maintaining muscle while losing bodyfat (and therefore weight).

Your example of losing 4% bodyfat while holding the same weight would mean you'd have to be packing on several kg of lean tissue in that time, which would very much rely on the use of some special 'supplements'.

I was clean at the time, although I had ran several cycles of test, eq and mast before.

Programmed my diet perfectly, everything dialled in right. Even stuck to a 12 hour sleep routine. Continued to add weight to the bar throughout.

Went from 11% to 8% using dnp and lowdose test.

Now as an older more sensible guy I'm losing a bit of muscle on my latest cut but I ain't doing it for vanity, I am doing it for health.

I'd highly recommend folk DO NOT use and 'special' supplements. Seems great at the time but certain has its issues 15 years later.

Advertisement