Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone call from unknown number

• 12-05-2021 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I received a phone call from an unknown Irish 087 mobile number, upon answering there was silence and the call ended.

I called the number back but after a couple of rings the call was ended.

I've called the number several times since but "the number you are calling is not available" message is played.

Has anyone experienced this?

Could it be some sort of scam or perhaps the DSP checking on people in some way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Carnmore wrote: »
    I received a phone call from an unknown Irish 087 mobile number, upon answering there was silence and the call ended.

I called the number back but after a couple of rings the call was ended.

I've called the number several times since but "the number you are calling is not available" message is played.

Has anyone experienced this?

Could it be some sort of scam or perhaps the DSP checking on people in some way?

OOC why did you ring the number back?
    There are a massive amount of scam calls doing the rounds at the moment and when you call one of the numbers (may or may not be a real Irish number), the charges rack up.
    You will have no comeback if you are charged loads as you rang the number yourself.
    If somebody is looking for you or wants you, they will leave a message or call you back, if they don't leave a message, it's probably a scam.
    Hopefully you will get lucky and find out it was a real call,
    I would never ring any number back unless I was expecting a call, there's just too many scam merchants around.

Advertisement