Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor Recommendations

Options
  • 12-05-2021 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Can anyonre recommend a good family doctor in Meath? (ideally Navan or Trim). I'm very unappy with my current doctor/practice. Never get to actually see my doctor and they're very quick to grab money from me for anything. I have an 8 day way to see another doctor in the practice and in some pain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,440 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Barney224 wrote: »
    Can anyonre recommend a good family doctor in Meath? (ideally Navan or Trim). I'm very unappy with my current doctor/practice. Never get to actually see my doctor and they're very quick to grab money from me for anything. I have an 8 day way to see another doctor in the practice and in some pain.

This is the same in most practices, many do zoom consultations and due to waiting rooms capacity being reduced due to Covid, there are long waits for consultations. If they do something for you, should they not be paid without delay, or are you saying they charge you for things they don’t do?

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Barney224

Dav010 wrote: »
    This is the same in most practices, many do zoom consultations and due to waiting rooms capacity being reduced due to Covid, there are long waits for consultations. If they do something for you, should they not be paid without delay, or are you saying they charge you for things they don’t do?

Well, I had a consulation with the doctor nearly 2 weeks ago and she advised a blood test. Results came back to me, yet no one followed up with me to see if I still had symptoms. When I rang yesterday to get a follow up, I was told it would be €55! I had to explain that I should have been contacted again by the GP so they reluctantly reduced it to €35. And now, as usual, I'll be seeing a completely different doctor to my own GP. Since going here for last 5 years, I think I've seen my actual GP about 2 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Barney224 wrote: »

I am going to tell you the patient lists are all full for anyone on a medical card to the brim and over flowing. The only Doctor I could get was happy to see me, I wondered why. I never saw anyone else in his waiting room.

I am not a great believer in Western medicine, my GP I am impressed when he has his shoes on the right feet. I just need him to sign social welfare documents for me.

Advertisement