Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Professional Academy Diploma's

Options
  • 12-05-2021 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi everyone, has anyone completed any of the UCD Professional Academy Diploma courses?

What were your thoughts on the course you did?
    Was it worth completing?
    Is the certification recognised by employers as the courses are primarily only 10-14 weeks in duration?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 avblake225

Hi,

I wouldn't usually comment on these things but I feel obliged to for posterity.

I recently completed the Professional Diploma in Office Administration course run by UCD Professional Academy.

The hint, which I didn't realize until I started the course, really is in the name. These courses are designed for Professionals, i.e. people who have many years of experience working in their field.

If you don't have any work experience in the relevant area (as was my case), then you are not going to get much out of these courses other than a high level overview of the sort of work that goes on in that particular area. I can only speak about the Office Administration course but I would imagine (and it is logical) that the rest of the courses would be the same.

In summary, I would not recommend these courses lightly.

It very much depends on your situation.

I hope this is helpful to people.

Tony

Advertisement