Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to contact Bank of Ireland (other than walking to the branch office)

Options
  • 12-05-2021 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi!

I'm a Bank of Ireland customer for the past 8 1/2 years. I would like to continue to access my account online, but that has been cut off. Something about multi factor authentication, and a smart device eg a tablet is needed. I don't have any such device. Now what??

It is also, apparently, impossible to reach Bank of Ireland via phone (hold time = forever) or email (can't find any contact info, anywhere). 

Could someone from Bank of Ireland please clue me in? I am a customer at the College Green branch in Dublin 2. But I am now travelling outside Ireland, and due to the pandemic it is not easy to walk in to your office - would have to take a flight, quarantine, etc, which all seems a bit much to just try to answer a simple question: "how can I access my account online, without purchasing a smart device for this specific purpose?"

Thank you for any assistance.
    A very frustrated, and probably soon to be ex-, customer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi Pnmcdonough,

Thanks for reaching out to us today and we're sorry to hear this has been your experience. 

If you have a smartphone, this can also be used as a security key. Alternatively, it would be necessary to order a Physical security key with our colleagues on +35314606410. Rest assured our colleagues are working through the queue and will be with you as soon as possible if you call again.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pnmcdonough

Hi Pnmcdonough,

Thanks for reaching out to us today and we're sorry to hear this has been your experience. 

If you have a smartphone, this can also be used as a security key. Alternatively, it would be necessary to order a Physical security key with our colleagues on +35314606410. Rest assured our colleagues are working through the queue and will be with you as soon as possible if you call again.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Richard,

Nice idea, but it didn't work. If I call the number you provided, then I get to a selection menu ("press 1 if ... press 2 if something to do with a security key ... press 3 if ..." etc). The call response unit does not accept input, ie I press buttons, I can hear the tone as I press those buttons, and then the machine says, "you did not make a selection please try again" and the process repeats. Eventually the machine ends the call.

Is there any phone number available, or email account, or internet chat, or carrier pigeon roost, that connects to an actual employee of Bank of Ireland? I will of course try to switch banks as soon as possible as BofI seems not to want to have customers - but for right now, would like to be able to access my funds. NB - I do much appreciate your willingness to provide suggestions and answers here; the issue appears to be somewhere in the bank's management ranks.

Thank you,
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Pnmcdonough,

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi Richard,

Nice idea, but it didn't work. If I call the number you provided, then I get to a selection menu ("press 1 if ... press 2 if something to do with a security key ... press 3 if ..." etc). The call response unit does not accept input, ie I press buttons, I can hear the tone as I press those buttons, and then the machine says, "you did not make a selection please try again" and the process repeats. Eventually the machine ends the call.

Is there any phone number available, or email account, or internet chat, or carrier pigeon roost, that connects to an actual employee of Bank of Ireland? I will of course try to switch banks as soon as possible as BofI seems not to want to have customers - but for right now, would like to be able to access my funds. NB - I do much appreciate your willingness to provide suggestions and answers here; the issue appears to be somewhere in the bank's management ranks.

Thank you,
    Paul
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for checking back with us. 

Could you try calling from another device? I'm afraid and inbound call to the Team will be necessary. We've checked the above line and it's receiving through international calls. Our colleagues are available also on 0035314044000. 

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement