Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was the better worker: Bret or Shawn?

Options
  • 12-05-2021 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Both Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels are considered to be among the best workers of all time. But, in your opinion, who was the better?

Bret was more the technician while Shawn was more the high-flyer. But in truth, both were all-rounders. Both men could wrestle a mop to a great match.
    For many years I thought Shawn was the better. But hey, with a Network subscription and a little spare time my opinion has changed to Bret is the better of the two.

Yours?

*** edit,
    I misspelt Kanyon in my poll :(

Who better? (than Kayon) 25 votes

Bret Hart
    72% 18 votes
    Shawn Michaels
    28% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe as he had a longer WWE career but HBK for me, both as you said could bring out great matches in anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Interesting question. I think HBK was a better promo then Bret even when a mess. I think Bret was a better ring general and could work with most people, whereas I felt Shawn could work his match very well and could work better than nearly anyone else of his generation, I don’t feel his ability to work with anyone was as broad as Bret. What I’m trying to say(badly) is that Bret had a larger comfort zone that shawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Bret. And that's with a decent portion of some of his best stuff lost to time/no footage/inaccessible tapes.

And Bret was a far more engaging speaker too with a lot more to say than Michaels ever did.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I absolutely despise this new site. Impossible to find anything!

Anyhow, the answer is Bret. There's never been anyone better. He made everything look realistic, made his opponents look like a million dollars, and also was good with offence as well. Took him a while to hit his stride with the mic work, but imagine if we had a 97 Bret earlier, or if he stuck around longer!

Shawn is a personal favourite of mine, but he doesn't top Bret.

Advertisement