Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS Shortcode Not Working

Options
  • 13-05-2021 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Some vendors require verification to make a purchase using the BOI debit card. This verification is sent in the form of a shortcode via a text message to a mobile device. I have been attempting for several days to purchase airline tickets from two separate airlines. The purchase verification shortcode is not being received on my mobile.  I contacted BOI customer service on 11/05/2021. They informed me it was possibly an issue with my mobile provider (Virgin). I contacted Virgin customer service on 11/05/2021, they said the issue was with BOI.  In the meantime, I am unable to use my debit card online to make a purchase with either United Airlines or American Airlines. Could someone please look into this issue? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

dontquit wrote: »
    Some vendors require verification to make a purchase using the BOI debit card. This verification is sent in the form of a shortcode via a text message to a mobile device. I have been attempting for several days to purchase airline tickets from two separate airlines. The purchase verification shortcode is not being received on my mobile.  I contacted BOI customer service on 11/05/2021. They informed me it was possibly an issue with my mobile provider (Virgin). I contacted Virgin customer service on 11/05/2021, they said the issue was with BOI.  In the meantime, I am unable to use my debit card online to make a purchase with either United Airlines or American Airlines. Could someone please look into this issue? 
    Hi Dontquit,

Thanks for getting in touch and we're sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty receiving this code.

In this case, it would be best to get in touch directly with our Verified by Visa team on 012500370. One of our colleagues can certainly look into this further for you.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement