Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail Suspended

Options
  • 13-05-2021 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I'm paying €6.99 a month to maintain my eircom webmail address. This was being debited from my credit card every month around about the 15th of the month. Went through fine in March, but at some point in April my card was compromised and replaced with a new one.

I didn't realise until today ( my fault) that the April payment hadn't gone through, and obviously now the email account has been suspended and I have no access to it.

Would anyone know who to call to get this sorted? I can't even find how to pay the bill. I have trawled through the eircom website but can't see a number to call.

Going mad now at myself as I have job application and interview details in the pipeline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Hi - I think webmail support is 1800 201 042. U could also try 1901 which is their general customer support

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Kalimah

Thanks so much- I'll give that a try!

The 1800 201 042 number is the one to ring. All sorted with 10 minutes, and access will be restored within 24 hours.
    Might be useful for others to know. Moral of the story is to keep a good eye out for this in future, as it doesn't seem like there is a warning if the payment fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

You definitely shouldn't be paying €7/month for email. There are so many free options that offer a better service

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

jdon72 wrote: »
    You definitely shouldn't be paying €7/month for email. There are so many free options that offer a better service

If you've significant business tied to the @eircom.net email, you've no other option until you've got everyone to change to a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

L1011 wrote: »
    If you've significant business tied to the @eircom.net email, you've no other option until you've got everyone to change to a new one.

I have a webmail account, used Thunderbird to migrate mail to new gmail a/c, it directs emails sent eircom.net to gmail. You can also do mbox transfer of folders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dav010 wrote: »
    I have a webmail account, used Thunderbird to migrate mail to new gmail a/c, it directs emails sent eircom.net to gmail. You can also do mbox transfer of folders.

You have to pay to keep the address, even if diverted. If they haven't turned it off yet, they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,578 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

L1011 wrote: »
    You have to pay to keep the address, even if diverted. If they haven't turned it off yet, they will.

The issue for me when leaving webmail was that I did not inform all senders of my new address and some might be important, so I directed all mail to new gmail a/c through thunderbird and replied using gmail informing them new email address. I informed the obvious senders, but it’s the less obvious ones I might miss important emails from.

Also, while keeping the two going for a period, all emails ended up in my gmail rather than being split and having to mbox them over at a later date when I shut down webmail.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Best thing I ever did was buy my own domain name back in 1998 for my personal email, have changed email providers 4 times since then and email address is the same so nobody notices :)
    Well worth the early cost

Advertisement