Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you secretive about your age?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Female - I'll tell anyone who asks
    DMcL1971 wrote: »
    I’ll tell anyone my age but not my birth date.

I can’t stand the fuss around birthdays and would rather die than have card or a fuss made over me in the office.

Office birthdays are cringe fests. In my last civil service job a manager had a "party press" full of paper plates, plastic cutlery etc. Candles too. Any excuse to have a cake. They were OBSESSED with cake. Nightmare for me even though their intentions were well meant. I changed jobs and now no one knows my birthday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

greenfarm wrote: »
    I'm 31 and don't care if asked

What I would care about is calling myself a girl or boy at 28

You ain't a girl or boy at that age, far from it.

Unless you're from blaa country. Then you're girl / boy no matter what age you are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Well I didn't have a problem with my age until I got to page 6 and realised that I'm prob one of the oldest on this !

I laughed at original post... 28 and no problem saying it

Jesus OP if I was 28 I'd be shouting it from the rooftops , or 38 or 48 ........

Feck sake OK i'm 55 , there I've admitted it

Mind you I still think Im in my twenties and then I pass a mirror and get a quick jolt back to reality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭sporina

Male - I'm very secretive
    Sincere Q - for people who are secretive about their age, why so? I genuinely don't get it.. (no judgement - not being smart - just curious)

Advertisement