Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic shelving for Carboys/Demi Johns in limited space

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭sharingan

Looks like a good idea, just check that the shelves have enough clearance space for your demijohns + airlock attached.

I would also want to screw it into the wall for extra safety, and perhaps insulate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Regarding insulation, thats a good point, my 80's built house was constructed with cavity blocks - so bugger all insulation. The kitchen gets too hot in summer and a bit baltic in the the winter. My goal is to read up and assemble bit and pieces so I'm ready to go at the end of the summer.
    The kitchen in summertime gets over 25C regularly which is too hot for cider brewing I think.
    My idea is to get a heavy curtain to run around the shelving to keep light off the demi johns inside and hopefully insulate or at least regulate temperature rise and fall inside.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement