Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer jerseys! Do you wear?

• 13-05-2021 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what posters on this forum think of soccer jerseys for casual wear? Do you think there is an age you have to stop or is it fine at any age/context?...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Dante

jk23 wrote: »
    Just wondering what posters on this forum think of soccer jerseys for casual wear? Do you think there is an age you have to stop or is it fine at any age/context?...

I would say around 15/16 is the cut-off age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I only wear them lounging round the house really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

when playing football, sure. casually, not if im leaving the house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yep, I wear my Northampton Town shirt if I'm just going to the shops or bringing the dog for a walk, don't see the harm really. Proud of the sh*thole I was born and raised in.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I sold a load of jerseys from the late 90s a couple of years ago. Got a load of cash for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

McGaggs wrote: »
    I sold a load of jerseys from the late 90s a couple of years ago. Got a load of cash for them.

Which jerseys did you have ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭passatman86

My favourite jersey i had growing up as a kid was a Netherlands home kit.
    Had 2 jerseys i got from a league of ireland player - but misplaced them.
    Now i only have one jersey to my name. An old candy liverpool home jersey. Once i did have about 40 jerseys when i played sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Esse85

Usually buy 4-6 per season and wear in the gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

Unless I am football training I dont wear jerseys. Mainly cos I am not 11. I have a training top and a Polo shirt for Leeds and thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm 41 and own about 14/15 varying from current season down to 1990 Ireland and W.Germany.

They are worn whilst lounging and working around the house.
    If I get back to some semblance of being able to train ;)
    They'll be worn during that too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yes
    I love them
    Yes I know I'm 31
    No I won't apologise for wearing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

Yeah I wear them regularly. Favourite one at the minute is Hellas Veronas home shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I've been wearing some of the comfortable ones (like baggy jerseys from 20/30 years ago) while WFH but apart from that I mostly just collect. I rarely find modern jerseys comfortable to wear leisurely. I'll wear a jersey to a match the odd time but prefer a club t-shirt or polo or hoodie.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Seaba

Liverpool supporter here, 44, married with 3 kids.
    Between jerseys I have collected over the years and casual tops/polo's I buy from the Liverpool website, it is all I wear (with the exception of work etc) inside the house and outside.
    My wife and family don't even ask anymore what I want for Christmas/birthdays.
    I plan to be like this until my last breath and closer the time, I am going to tell them, I want to be buried with a Liverpool jersey on!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I used to wear them a lot but now only when I'm playing a match or sometimes during the summer.

I have got into wearing t-shirts based on jerseys from the 60s and the 70s. I found a pretty good site here in Spain for them.

event wrote: »
    Unless I am football training I dont wear jerseys. Mainly cos I am not 11. I have a training top and a Polo shirt for Leeds and thats it

Pretty sure you don't have to be 11 to wear jerseys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

nah, prefer a t-shirt from a fan group or similar

I have a fair few pieces of club merch though, mug for coffee, beer glass, car sticker etc

my kid wears jerseys and I get him the good quality fakes for the prem and euro clubs, but the real deal for our LOI club

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I have hundreds of jerseys that I have collected over the past 30 years. I like wearing them casually or when playing sport. I will wear a West ham or Shamrock Rovers jersey when they are playing.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

6 wrote: »
    Pretty sure you don't have to be 11 to wear jerseys!

Maybe not the starting 11,but on the bench at least.

Which jerseys did you have ?

Mainly Man United jerseys, cup winners cup one, a few away jerseys and an unbro/Vodafone home jersey. There was a rapid Vienna one from about '95. Don't remember the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭abff

I have a light blue Spurs shirt that I was given as a present when I was moving jobs in December 2008. It has my name and the number 9 on the back.

The only time I wore it in public was the Monday after Spurs beat Wigan 9-1. Caused a few raised eyebrows at work. Thankfully, I had no client meetings that day.

I still have it buried somewhere and the last time I wore it was when I was watching the 2019 Champions League final. Didn’t bring much luck that day and I don’t think I’ve worn it since.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I've loads of Bohs jerseys, probably would wear them anywhere except going to a match funny enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Never and probably for the simple reason they aren't designed for the non-athletic body. The cling and leave **** all to the imagination. I wear some of the Liverpool smart casual stuff like polo shirts and zip ups. I wore that Liverpool retro candy 89 jersey up to a few years ago but I haven't worn a current jersey since I was about 12.

rob316 wrote: »
    Never and probably for the simple reason they aren't designed for the non-athletic body. The cling and leave **** all to the imagination.

Puma seem to be the worst for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

If you are over the age of 21 and not a student and wearing football jerseys casually you need to take a good look at your life- grow the eff up you loser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

If you are over the age of 21 and not a student and wearing football jerseys casually you need to take a good look at your life- grow the eff up you loser.

Could probably do the same yourself mate and just let people wear what they want. Don't like, don't wear it. No need to judge or criticize people for what they wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Haven't worn one since late 20's, but this is ridiculously over the top.

I've more a problem with fashion clowns (35+) changing styles to suit whatever is the current rage.

Too much Xpose, not enough self-esteem.

jebidiah wrote: »
    Could probably do the same yourself mate and just let people wear what they want. Don't like, don't wear it. No need to judge or criticize people for what they wear.

People can indeed wear what they want- no skin off my nose. I'm afraid that people are judged and criticised for what they wear all the time such is life. It is inevitable that an adult wearing a football jersey casually will be judged and not in a good way.

Haven't worn one since late 20's, but this is ridiculously over the top.

I've more a problem with fashion clowns (35+) changing styles to suit whatever is the current rage.

Too much Xpose, not enough self-esteem.

I would also add haircuts to the mix. Serious amount of sheep out there.

I have to admit I do not know what Xpose it as I have been out of Ireland for a good few years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Alias G

Anyone over 15 years old still wearing football jerseys whilst not participating in sport should be sterilised.

Alias G wrote: »
    Anyone over 15 years old still wearing football jerseys whilst not participating in sport should be sterilised.

Probably too late at 15 knowing the sterotypical demographic...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Probably too late at 15 knowing the sterotypical demographic...:D

I know what you mean about the demographic you probably have the image of the scrotes all in Celtic tops that cause hassle in protests. While this is true to a certain extent. I seen alot of respectable people wear them casually also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

People can indeed wear what they want- no skin off my nose. I'm afraid that people are judged and criticised for what they wear all the time such is life. It is inevitable that an adult wearing a football jersey casually will be judged and not in a good way.

If you judge people for wearing what they want that's more reflective on you as a person rather than the person wearing the football jersey.

Its actually quite sad that there are people out there that think like that, but at least you get some comfort from the fact that there are other judgemental people out there.

If you judge people for wearing what they want that's more reflective on you as a person rather than the person wearing the football jersey.

"It's a sad reflection on you yadda yadda yadda yawn"- that is such a tedious response.
    Its actually quite sad that there are people out there that think like that, but at least you get some comfort from the fact that there are other judgemental people out there.

Fact of life my friend, but don't sit there acting like this is some sort of massive surprise or shock to you.

Would you wear a football jersey:

- to a wedding
    - to church/mass
    - on a night out
    - to work
    - to a job interview
    - on date
    - to a restaurant

No, and why is that..because wearing football jerseys casually ain't respectable attire in any context for a responsible adult. Slobbing around the house or mowing the lawn- fine...at a push. You want to wear one- grand, knock yourself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

At work on a Friday it is very common for football shirts to be worn, I see no harm in that.

I wear football or rugby shirts the odd time don't see a reason not to, ever been to a Heineken Cup Final you see fans from pretty much every club in the UK and Ireland there in their teams shirt. Also buy from the likes of Art of Football as they have some cool things.

So is a Tee shirt from the likes of Art of Football acceptable?

I also wear silly tee shirts from the likes of Qwertee is that acceptable?

Or should one be formally attired in tails or at least a three piece suit with matching tie, handkerchief and cufflinks all of the time?

Pretentious nonsense

• Advertisement

"It's a sad reflection on you yadda yadda yadda yawn"- that is such a tedious response.

As tedious as blanketly judging someone who's not a student(?) wearing a football jersey past 21, thankfully most people grow out of that attitude once they leave secondary school and begin to mature.
    Fact of life my friend, but don't sit there acting like this is some sort of massive surprise or shock to you.

It doesn't surprise or shock me, it's just sad that not only grown adult would have that attitude, but are seemly proud to flaunt it as if it made them superior. Shrugging and saying it's just a "fact of life" is just a lazy way of dismissing character flaws.

Would you wear a football jersey:

- to a wedding
    - to church/mass
    - on a night out
    - to work
    - to a job interview
    - on date
    - to a restaurant

None of this is relevent to your original statement, there's lots of things I wouldn't wear to those things, a pair of runners for example I wouldn't wear to a wedding or job interview. Is it acceptable for people over the age of 21 who isn't a student to wear runners?
    No, and why is that..because wearing football jerseys casually ain't respectable attire in any context for a responsible adult. Slobbing around the house or mowing the lawn- fine...at a push. You want to wear one- grand, knock yourself out.

None of the above scenarios you mentioned are casual events. So if you're trying to tie those too point together I'm not really sure it's relevent.

If I've a jersey on in the house, I'd have no problem popping out for a walk or to the shops in it. I'd even go to the post office in one to pay my bills like a responsible adult, though it might shock you to know that people who don't live their lives under the gaze of others can pay their bills.

You seem confused, either it's not fine to wear one after 21 if not a student, or it is if you want to?

Really what we've drilled down into here is that even though as you've admitted it's grand if people want to wear them, you'll still be judgemental based on your prejudices that people who do are a "slob". Again I think that very much reflects back on you.

As tedious as blanketly judging someone who's not a student(?) wearing a football jersey past 21, thankfully most people grow out of that attitude once they leave secondary school and begin to mature.

"When I grow up, mature and leave secondary school I want to walk around in a football jersey as it is a crucial rite of passage into adulthood and I will definitely be taken seriously. Sure, nothing screams maturity like a Liverpool football top"....said nobody ever.

You will find out in due course when you leave the student life behind...;)
    It doesn't surprise or shock me, it's just sad that not only grown adult would have that attitude, but are seemly proud to flaunt it as if it made them superior. Shrugging and saying it's just a "fact of life" is just a lazy way of dismissing character flaws.

Acknowledging is not dismissing. I can assure you the overwhelming majority of polite grown up society share the same opinion. As I said in my last post, outside of a sporting conext football attire is not respectable or acceptable for a grown adult IMO. You disagree, fine.

Everyone judges and everyone is judged- each and everyone of us everyday. I judge and you judge. I can acknowlge that fact. As a football wearing adult it is not overly surprisingly that perhaps you do not realise this yet. You wear a jersey- like it or not you are judged negatively. At the end of the day it your personal and free choice.
    None of this is relevent to your original statement, there's lots of things I wouldn't wear to those things, a pair of runners for example I wouldn't wear to a wedding or job interview. Is it acceptable for people over the age of 21 who isn't a student to wear runners?

None of the above scenarios you mentioned are casual events. So if you're trying to tie those too point together I'm not really sure it's relevent.

..but you still wouldnt wear a jersey. That is my point. You can "get away" with all manner of different attire in the other contexts I mentioned. You can wear runners on a date, perhaps even to some work places, a night out or a restaurant but a football jersey is universally not acceptable and generally frowned upon.

Don't BS us by pretending this is some sort of great shock and surprise to you.
    If I've a jersey on in the house, I'd have no problem popping out for a walk or to the shops in it. I'd even go to the post office in one to pay my bills like a responsible adult, though it might shock you to know that people who don't live their lives under the gaze of others can pay their bills.

Good for you...(Huge thumbs up). I suppose you may be less lilkely to get mugged on the way back from the shops.
    You seem confused, either it's not fine to wear one after 21 if not a student, or it is if you want to?

I am crystal clear. The confusion is on your part. I'll try again- I personally don't think it's fine at all after 21 but I acknowledge that one can wear a jersey if they so decide as a personal choice. If want to wear one- good for you.
    Really what we've drilled down into here is that even though as you've admitted it's grand if people want to wear them, you'll still be judgemental based on your prejudices that people who do are a "slob". Again I think that very much reflects back on you.

No, what I said was if you want to wear one, "grand" it is entirely your choice and your right to do so. Nobody is going to stop you. You want to be a walking polyester advertisement board for Carling or Standard Charter or Samsung or whoever...more fool you.

Do I judge adults who slob around in football jerseys? Yes I do- pretty obvious and I make no apology for that. That is my opinion and like or not, an opinion shared by the majority hence you do not see football jerseys in polite adult company 99.999% of the time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Jaysus, for someone who supposedly doesn't care if people wear jerseys, you sure do post some amount of shite about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

Someone might need a holiday in North Korea.
    There you can see everyone looking exactly the same, all the time, and see how you like it.
    Actually, perhaps you could move there, if its a 99.999% conformity your after.

Alternatively, if you can point out the guy with the soccer jersey that pinched your lunch money, we'll go and have a word with him - if we're not too scared of him because of his attire, that is.

Jaysus, for someone who supposedly doesn't care if people wear jerseys, you sure do post some amount of shite about it.

All that reading hurting your little head...:D

• Advertisement

No, well rounded people leaving school wouldn't say that, they also wouldn't care what other people wear.

Not only does it not come as a shock or surprise as I've already said, I'm also mature and well rounded enough to call people out for being judgemental based on their own arbitrary prejudices, which from your posts seem to be based around students.

I'm assuming you've never attended 3rd level education based on you post, you seem to have the chip on the shoulder that most people who never went have about students and the cliché that students are lazy and slobbish, despite a huge amount of them working part time to fund their full time education. Or perhaps you come from a background that afforded you be lazy in college, which as football is a working class sport, might also explain your attitude.

Personally I have been working for 16 years, I spent 3 years in full time 3rd level education. I've been working full time the last 7. It's fair to say the "student life" has been left behind.

Not only do I disagree, but I'm calling you out on it, I think that's important in a society where people are judged not for their actions, but what they wear when they shop.

You seem to have a huge superiority complex, how does wearing a football jersey make it less likely to get mugged? I also want to know what happens magically at 21 that somehow makes it less acceptable.

Funny enough I'm wearing a jersey now, I wore it to do exercise during my lunch break from work (very slobbish of me). The sponsor says "Refugees Welcome". Also any clothing with a logo is a walking advertisement.

You also don't see people wearing Tuxedos 99.99999% of the time.....

Two questions you need to ask yourself:

1) Does adults wearing football jerseys affect me in anyway?
    I'm assuming your answer would be "no" as I can't see how it does.
    So the second question would be
    2) Why do I judge them despite it having no effect on me?
    Put that question not in the context of a job interview or "polite adult company". Put it in the context of a man or woman going about their daily business, shopping, walking the dog, playing with their kids in the park, having a pint with their pals in the pub, washing the car, cutting the grass and indeed now a days, working from home.

If you're still judging people in that context, which is your right and what you've said you do, that's fine, but expect to be pulled up on it.

No, well rounded people leaving school wouldn't say that, they also wouldn't care what other people wear.

Not only does it not come as a shock or surprise as I've already said, I'm also mature and well rounded enough to call people out for being judgemental based on their own arbitrary prejudices, which from your posts seem to be based around students.

I'm assuming you've never attended 3rd level education based on you post, you seem to have the chip on the shoulder that most people who never went have about students and the cliché that students are lazy and slobbish, despite a huge amount of them working part time to fund their full time education. Or perhaps you come from a background that afforded you be lazy in college, which as football is a working class sport, might also explain your attitude.

Personally I have been working for 16 years, I spent 3 years in full time 3rd level education. I've been working full time the last 7. It's fair to say the "student life" has been left behind.

Not only do I disagree, but I'm calling you out on it, I think that's important in a society where people are judged not for their actions, but what they wear when they shop.

You seem to have a huge superiority complex, how does wearing a football jersey make it less likely to get mugged? I also want to know what happens magically at 21 that somehow makes it less acceptable.

Funny enough I'm wearing a jersey now, I wore it to do exercise during my lunch break from work (very slobbish of me). The sponsor says "Refugees Welcome". Also any clothing with a logo is a walking advertisement.

You also don't see people wearing Tuxedos 99.99999% of the time.....

Two questions you need to ask yourself:

1) Does adults wearing football jerseys affect me in anyway?
    I'm assuming your answer would be "no" as I can't see how it does.
    So the second question would be
    2) Why do I judge them despite it having no effect on me?
    Put that question not in the context of a job interview or "polite adult company". Put it in the context of a man or woman going about their daily business, shopping, walking the dog, playing with their kids in the park, having a pint with their pals in the pub, washing the car, cutting the grass and indeed now a days, working from home.

If you're still judging people in that context, which is your right and what you've said you do, that's fine, but expect to be pulled up on it.

Ah would you stop and listen to yourself for two minutes. I am not even going to bother reading all your post. It is very simple- I am of the opinion, if you are wearing a football jersey as a grown adult outside of a sporting context then it is a bit sad. You have taken grave offence- fine. It is your choice to respond- you do not have to respond. FFS..."calling me out" would you give over with your Americanism.

I have shown you plenty of examples of where and how football jerserys are just not acceptable. You have yet to espouse any beneifts or positives save popping to the shop.

You wear jerseys. Good for you but now you need to remember the old adage: "If you are explaining you are losing"

ps. I have a top class third level education with both primary and post primary degrees from an Irish university and a Masters from a 'red brick' university in the UK- thank you very much. I also wore football jerseys as a student but then I moved on and grew up as did all my peers. I can add that I also played football at univeristy and I have three intervarsity medals at home...how about that for a mind blowing relevation.

You obviously weren't thought critical thinking on any of your many degrees. "You should listen to yourself, also I'm not bothering listening to you." Seems like there's a lot they didn't teach you. I've given you plenty of example where it is acceptable, your point there is irrelevant. One benefit would be it keeps you warm like other clothing.

Here's a new adage for you "if you're resorting to attacking the language used in an argument rather than the argument itself, you have lost"

Anyway, thanks for clarifying it's snobbishness and not a chip on your shoulder.

You obviously weren't thought critical thinking on any of your many degrees. "You should listen to yourself, also I'm not bothering listening to you." Seems like there's a lot they didn't teach you.

Here's a new adage for you "if you're resorting to attacking the language used in an argument rather than the argument itself, you have lost"

Anyway, thanks for clarifying it's snobbishness and not a chip on your shoulder.

I was thought to cut through the waffle and focus on the salient points. I didn't see anything in your post worthy of critique, obviously. Though I am not sure that new adage will catch on. It seems to me that you may have a slight inferiority complex expecially when it comes to education. An IT has that effect...;)

I was thought to cut through the waffle and focus on the salient points. I didn't see anything in your post worthy of critique, obviously. Though I am not sure that new adage will catch on. It seems to me that you may have a slight inferiority complex expecially when it comes to education. An IT has that effect...;)

No, you ignored the counter points and just kept repeating irrelevant points.

Obviously, as a football jersey wearing person who only went to an IT nothing in my posts is worthy of critique

Again I don't judge people based on their education, in fact there are a number of people with masters degrees under me in work and they are great, you however seem to do which again confirms your character traits. There's a term for it but sadly it's against the charter.

Either way we are now venturing off topic so I'll leave you with a BIG THUMBS UP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

"When I grow up, mature and leave secondary school I want to walk around in a football jersey as it is a crucial rite of passage into adulthood and I will definitely be taken seriously. Sure, nothing screams maturity like a Liverpool football top"....said nobody ever.

You will find out in due course when you leave the student life behind...;).

Nothing screams maturity louder than wearing what you want and not worrying what people think about it.

Especially in a casual setting, which is the point of the OP.

You sound like you've been abused about your clothes in the past and are afraid to express yourself outside of what is viewed as "acceptable" by "adults".

jebidiah wrote: »
    Nothing screams maturity louder than wearing what you want and not worrying what people think about it.

Especially in a casual setting, which is the point of the OP.

You sound like you've been abused about your clothes in the past and are afraid to express yourself outside of what is viewed as "acceptable" by "adults".

Football jerseys as an expression of freedom and maturity..."I am mature. I am confident in my beer belly and Lynx Africa. I AM A MAAAAAN"...

Perhaps I am all wrong. Maybe a polyester sweat stained Umbro top of some English football club is at the cutting edge of fashion and the ultimate freedom of expression. Jean Paul Gaultier are you listening.

There is no "worrying" about it. It is just an opinion. I wore plenty of jerseys in my time- admittedly more as a vest/t shirt underneath jumpers/tops. Had a beautiful Euro 88 Irish top with no "Opal" on the front from the same time.

I am going to take the view that the jersey wearing lads here are all in their 20s. When you get older and start courting girls, you will drop the jerseys pretty quickly I promise you. That is another point which has not been mentioned- women generally are not so keen on walking around with a guy in a football top- just saying.

Football jerseys as an expression of freedom and maturity..."I am mature. I am confident in my beer belly and Lynx Africa. I AM A MAAAAAN"...

Perhaps I am all wrong. Maybe a polyester sweat stained Umbro top of some English football club is at the cutting edge of fashion and the ultimate freedom of expression. Jean Paul Gaultier are you listening.

There is no "worrying" about it. It is just an opinion. I wore plenty of jerseys in my time- admittedly more as a vest/t shirt underneath jumpers/tops. Had a beautiful Euro 88 Irish top with no "Opal" on the front from the same time.

I am going to take the view that the jersey wearing lads here are all in their 20s. When you get older and start courting girls, you will drop the jerseys pretty quickly I promise you. That is another point which has not been mentioned- women generally are not so keen on walking around with a guy in a football top- just saying.

I'm amazed you're admitting how insecure you are in your sexuality on a public forum.

I'm amazed you're admitting how insecure you are in your sexuality on a public forum.

Why would you say that IT boy?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Mod: I cant believe I have to add a mod note to a thread about soccer jerseys in a soccer forum.

If people want to discuss the wearing of jerseys as casual wear or offer an opinion in line with the OP then they can.

Comments about how people appear to you as a "loser" or needing to be "sterilised" are not acceptable. In the context of a soccer forum where you will be actively offending people then such comments will be viewed as trolling.

Here is the OP:

jk23 wrote: »

If anyone has a question about this note then use the PM option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement