Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer jerseys! Do you wear?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Haven't bought a Soccer Jersey in years, I despise the round collar look, must have a collar for me.
    I'd regularly buy the casual wear, polo shirts etc and wear them a lot. Some of them are very neat and presentable and you might have to look twice to see it was actually Soccer related. Others can be a little ott and wouldn't be for me. I've a Cork City navy polo top that I got last year and it's probably my favourite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Haven't bought a Soccer Jersey in years, I despise the round collar look, must have a collar for me.
    I'd regularly buy the casual wear, polo shirts etc and wear them a lot. Some of them are very neat and presentable and you might have to look twice to see it was actually Soccer related. Others can be a little ott and wouldn't be for me. I've a Cork City navy polo top that I got last year and it's probably my favourite.

You should have a look at the new Finland away jersey, lovely collar on it ...looks like a polo shirt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I used to wear them a lot but now only when I'm playing a match or sometimes during the summer.

I have got into wearing t-shirts based on jerseys from the 60s and the 70s. I found a pretty good site here in Spain for them.

Is the site cooligan? Great stuff

I have about 50 jerseys. Wear them mostly around the house or going for a run. Prefer retro jerseys now or polo tops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

jk23 wrote: »
    You should have a look at the new Finland away jersey, lovely collar on it ...looks like a polo shirt

Funny you should mention it, I remember seeing it and thinking it was seriously nice, just my style, very similar to the navy City top I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Funny you should mention it, I remember seeing it and thinking it was seriously nice, just my style, very similar to the navy City top I have.

It's a lovely navy colour as well, think it's 90 euro in the shops here but it can be got online for cheaper

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The current Leeds home shirt would look good as a regular cotton t-shirt, but I'd never buy one because I don't want the name of some crappy betting company, or any company really, splashed across my chest. But even if the sponsors were removed from shirts, the material they're made from just isn't for me.

Brother is a Leeds fan but wouldn't wear the jerseys in a fit either, doesnt like the sponsors too. Has loads of tops though, 1 in particular, an 80's retro top is seriously nice.

I know we hear of the stats for Jersey sales but surely the more casual wear is a big money spinner too.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I don't know about casual gear, but the grey and pink Kappa shirt Leeds had for 2019/20 was a huge money spinner and broke all club shirt sales records.

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Havnt worn a club jersey in who knows how long. Wear an Ireland jersey when they're playing.

If I'm lazy and hungover I'd wear an ice hockey jersey, and it's a team I don't even support whatsoever, it's just very comfortable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Would happily wear a soccer jersey (or any other sports related top) in any sort of casual setting - mostly working from home, doing exercise, going training or popping out to grab some shopping. That's pretty 100% of the time now.

If someone is judgmental over something so trivial, their opinion is very unlikely to matter much to be honest.

Everyone has their own style. Wear what your comfortable with. I've recently ordered some retro soccer jerseys which I'm looking forward to getting my hands on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I'd say from 17 until about 26 or 27 I never wore jerseys, in the last two years or so I've gotten back into it although would only wear them the odd time. The websites selling them for €20 and selling retro kits have made them much more accessible and appealing.

Advertisement