Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

124 retired generals and admirals question Biden's mental health

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I look forward to his test. Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV is not as easy as it sounds.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

Man on tight schedule told not to deviate from it by answering questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

"I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap..." - Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,170 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

A group of retired U.S. military admirals and generals signed a letter released Tuesday questioning President Biden’s fitness for office and seemingly challenging the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9572723/More-120-retired-generals-admirals-wrote-Biden-suggesting-wasnt-legitimately-elected.html

What about their mental fitness?

There's a reason they're retired after all. :pac:

The letter is a good laugh, it's a handy bullet point of the nonsense of the last 6 months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

All this does for me is reinforce that there is some amount of stupidity in the US.. from my last collection of data, it runs into the tens of millions.. Circa 75million

The next election is going to tell a whole lot were the "leaders of the free world" are leading the world to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

"I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap..." - Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

120 years in the Senate, and he beat Bush in the 2020 election too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

challenging the outcome of the 2020 presidential election.

You can stop reading once you get to the part about challenging the election results.
    Unless you are against democracy, then keep reading, but keep it to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,148 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Biden good

he's a white hat Russian in with Ukraine

• Registered Users Posts: 24,514 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

124 might seem like a lot but out of all the retired generals etc what % is it actually? I'm guessing pretty small.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

The headline and the first part of the article goes on about “over 120 retired generals and admirals” signing the letter.

Then you read down and it says “The group calls itself 'Flag Officers 4 America' and consists of retired military officers including generals and admirals.”

So it’s not “over 120 retired generals and admirals” at all. It could be two retired generals and admirals, and a load of second lieutenants.

This is what you get with trying to assess the world based on the Mail Online. You’d have a better chance with Viz.
    Originally Posted by Smee_Again View Post
    How many retired Generals and Admirals are there?

5K, 10K?

Flag officers are all General or Admiral rank (Plus a very few commodores and the like). 5,000 is actually a pretty good estimate for how many we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Don’t you think my daughter’s hot? She’s hot, right?
    My daughter, Ivanka. She’s 6 feet tall, she’s got the best body.

Trump: “My daughter is beautiful, Ivanka."

Stern: “By the way, your daughter…”

Trump: “ - she’s beautiful"

Stern: “Can I say this? A piece of ass.”

Trump: “Yeah.”

I don't think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I've said if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I'd be dating her.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Allinall

Has anyone checked on the mental health of those who signed the letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Bambi wrote: »
    Theres people out there who think the Russians stole the previous US election too, mad :o

The Republican controlled senate came to the conclusion that the Russians interfered in 2016 election
    One thing I would agree with them on is that the US voter ID situation always seemed mental to me, voting should be strictly regulated.

Voting is strictly regulated. Mail in voting in the US is one of the most regulated in western world
    Maybe The Democrats will cop on and stop pushing this Critical Race Theory nonsense.

So you want schools and universities to simply ignore history and re-write that everything was great? Isn't that what they do in North Korea and China!!

Imagine the Germans ignored the atrocities of the Nazis in schools.

Everything should be taught, the good, bad and the ugly.

It's fairly clear what the US needs is another presidential election so they can finally put all this GQP nonsense to bed. Now obviously with everything covid related and Trump's legal issues now isn't the right time.

Maybe in 2024, that allows Biden focus on addressing covid and the vaccine roll-out while also getting the US back on track economically and it allows Trump focus on his multitude of legal issues.

I'd even suggest holding it on November 5th, there's a nice congruity to that date.

I just laugh. In the last several years the best America could come up with was a day-glo blathering celebrity with a wild comb over and now a doddery chap with two eyes like little raisins peering often bewildered out of the strangely stretched canvas of his face.
    At least Israel is on the go again. Freshly vaccinated and ready for real life. Military industrial complex must be relieved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭davetherave

Smee_Again wrote: »
    How many retired Generals and Admirals are there?

5K, 10K?
    124 might seem like a lot but out of all the retired generals etc what % is it actually? I'm guessing pretty small.

Using numbers from the "Statistical Report on the Military Retirement System" Fiscal Year End 2019 as a guideline. - https://media.defense.gov/2020/Aug/12/2002475697/-1/-1/0/MRS_STATRPT_2019_FINAL.PDF

The Number of Military Retirees Receiving Retired Pay as of September 30, 2019 of the rank O-7 or higher, i.e. Brigadier general, Major general, Lieutenant general, General or the Naval, Air Force, or Marine Corps named equivalent rank is 4,754 or if we include Reserve Retired 7,514

|O-10|O-9|0-8|0-7|Total
    Not inc Reserve |267|925|1,824|1,738|4754
    Inc. Reserve|267|942|3,000|3,305|7514

So depending on who they are letting into the club, either 1.65% or 2.61% of all retired Flag Officers put their name to the letter.

Using numbers from the "Statistical Report on the Military Retirement System" Fiscal Year End 2019 as a guideline. - https://media.defense.gov/2020/Aug/12/2002475697/-1/-1/0/MRS_STATRPT_2019_FINAL.PDF

The Number of Military Retirees Receiving Retired Pay as of September 30, 2019 of the rank O-7 or higher, i.e. Brigadier general, Major general, Lieutenant general, General or the Naval, Air Force, or Marine Corps named equivalent rank is 4,754 or if we include Reserve Retired 7,514

|O-10|O-9|0-8|0-7|Total
    Not inc Reserve |267|925|1,824|1,738|4754
    Inc. Reserve|267|942|3,000|3,305|7514

So depending on who they are letting into the club, either 1.65% or 2.61% of all retired Flag Officers put their name to the letter.

That’s some good googling.

So an inconsequential number and less than the number who endorsed Biden.

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    I disagree this is not 124 pissed off out of work trump supporters with a chip on thier shoulder we are talking about here.

This is exactly what they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

I have no knowledge of bidens mental health , and considering these lads are all retired I doubt they have much first hand knowledge either ...
    But to think they'd have a pop at bidens mental health after the entire crazy circus that the 2 trump campaigns and and that administration have been ... seems a bit ..... Blinkered maybe ...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

Markcheese wrote: »
    I have no knowledge of bidens mental health , and considering these lads are all retired I doubt they have much first hand knowledge either ...
    But to think they'd have a pop at bidens mental health after the entire crazy circus that the 2 trump campaigns and and that administration have been ... seems a bit ..... Blinkered maybe ...

Out of curiosity I googled the first 3 names on the list and all 3 retired over 20 years ago so I’m guessing they not exactly current on Biden’s mental acuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Please utilise the main Biden thread to continue this topic.

There is no need to have another thread running in tandem.

Please read the OP before posting.

There will be no references to Sleepy Joe, or any "failing mental health"

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058151352

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement