Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel list / EPG problem on Tiviar.

• 14-05-2021 1:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

For the last few nights my channel list has been acting weird.

This keeps coming up.

552962.jpg

552963.jpg

The only thing I can think of is I changed over to unicable recently and might have wrongly changed settings in the process.

This Captain Sabretooth lad must be really drawing in the advertisers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭swoofer

What are yu using to populate the epg, cross, epg importer etc? and have you split the unicable so you have 2 feeds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

swoofer wrote: »
    What are yu using to populate the epg, cross, epg importer etc? and have you split the unicable so you have 2 feeds?

Cross epg .

2 cables from splitter to the box.

swoofer wrote: »

Cross epg .

2 cables from splitter to the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It looks like the crossepg database is corrupted. You could try renaming the crossepg folder on HDD (or just delete it) so crossepg cant find it and manually doing a crossepg download to see what you get.

Thanks Gerry.

I'll look into that now .

• Advertisement

That worked a treat Gerry.

I see I'm storing the epg on a USB. I changed to SSD a few months ago. Would I be better off storing it o the SSD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

sligojoek wrote: »
    That worked a treat Gerry.

I see I'm storing the epg on a USB. I changed to SSD a few months ago. Would I be better off storing it o the SSD?

One of the reasons people used a USB was to avoid spinning up the HDD. IMO an SSD is a better choice as they are designed for faster access and more read/write cycles than a dongle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I had a similar problem, I was getting S/Lge Ret showing up all over the place. Tried your suggestion Gerry and it's sorted now, thanks a million, had been having the problem about 6 months, tried deleting and reloading the epg numerous times but never thought of going at the folder itself, had been wrecking my head. I noticed one of the old files was 143MB, crossepg.descriptors.db, on the fresh download it's only 4.5MB must have become corrupted.

Advertisement