Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf shafts

Options
  • 14-05-2021 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Any advice welcome. I ordered a set of clubs from McGuirks, the sent the wrong shaft. Basically I asked for R300 95s and they sent S300 95s.
    I use stiff in driver and 3 wood but have always had regular in the irons.
    I’m tempted to try them. Will the shaft make much difference to an average 14 hc
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

tony300+ wrote: »
    Any advice welcome. I ordered a set of clubs from McGuirks, the sent the wrong shaft. Basically I asked for R300 95s and they sent S300 95s.
    I’m tempted to try them. Will the shaft make much difference to an average 14 hc
    Thanks

Presume if you try them you cant return them - Im sure you will be able to hit them but expect the ball flight will be a bit lower then you are used to although this could be offset depending on what irons you got - i.e. the new irons might have a bit more ball speed off the face so could potentially go higher/longer.

As a rough guide, if your below 100mph with the driver then you might be better off in reg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Thanks

Send them back
    Had something similar a few years ago and was a nightmare trying to resolve once I took them onto a course
    My brain also kicked into gear once I hit a bad shot..the doubt was always there

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

Thanks

Flex will have an impact on accuracy, trajectory and feel. Generally you'll see a lower trajectory with stiff over regular.

Should you play regular or stiff? That advice can't be given unless someone sees you hit shots. To figure it out, you'll have to hit both and see which one gives you better accuracy in dispersion and trajectory.

Will the shaft make much difference to a 14 handicap? It's easy enough to measure the difference by comparing the results of hitting both and that gives the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Jimbee

Thanks

The difference between s300 and r300 is usually a weight r300 are lighter and if the gauge is lighter then the shaft is more flexible.
    However the s300 95 means they're from the s300 series but are 95g as opposed to 125g for the original r300 shaft.
    So I think the s300 95g will suit if you are coming from r300 standard.

Advertisement