Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro D'Italia Stage 7: Notaresco to Termoli (181km)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

That was awesome from Ewan.

Hugh Carthy with a mechanical... does he lose time?

He shouldn't- within the last 3km and there is evidence of it.

In the event that a rider or riders suffer a fall, puncture or mechanical incident in the last 3 kilometres and such an incident is duly recognised, the rider or riders involved are credited with the same finishing time of the rider or riders they were with at the time of the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

He shouldn't- within the last 3km and there is evidence of it.

In the event that a rider or riders suffer a fall, puncture or mechanical incident in the last 3 kilometres and such an incident is duly recognised, the rider or riders involved are credited with the same finishing time of the rider or riders they were with at the time of the incident.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if the 3 km rule was just for crashes or if it included mechanicals as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

He was shown briefly gesturing at the cars. You’d assume it was a mechanical

We don’t know if it was in the 3km either. Could be a while waiting on the jury to figure it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Dodge wrote: »
    He was shown briefly gesturing at the cars. You’d assume it was a mechanical

We don’t know if it was in the 3km either. Could be a while waiting on the jury to figure it out

Pretty sure it was on the steep ramp within the last 2km.

The giro site has updated with a time for Carthy. 2’21 down along with his whole team

We’ll see soon if it’s updated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

The giro site has updated with a time for Carthy. 2’21 down along with his whole team

Giro site now has Carthy back in 6th overall at 38 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I think Hatch may faint.

Sounded like he was commentating on the grand national

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

He seems to be ok per the official site now:

BcC5ic3.png

I think it’s one of the better rules they brought in in (relatively) recent times too fwiw

Only on flat stages but don’t want to see anyone lose out like that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I think it’s one of the better rules they brought in in (relatively) recent times too fwiw

Only on flat stages but don’t want to see anyone lose out like that

Not even Carthy? :pac:

I don't know exactly what it is but I got to dislike him during the Vuelta, maybe it was the fawning of the commentators that pushed me over the edge!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Inquitus wrote: »
    How much time is Remco good for in the long 33km TT in the final stage over an average GC Rider like Yates, Bernal, Dan Martin? Up to 90 seconds odd?

I’d say 2 mins over Bernal. More over the rest

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,305 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Brian? wrote: »
    I’d say 2 mins over Bernal. More over the rest

A fresh Evanepoel maybe, a TT after a 3 week tour and also 10 months out may be a lot closer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Not even Carthy? :pac:

I don't know exactly what it is but I got to dislike him during the Vuelta, maybe it was the fawning of the commentators that pushed me over the edge!

Funny, I went the other way. I wasn't keen on him but don't mind him now. He put in a few very good performances imho.
    Have a listen to his interview on the cycling podcast from last year. He comes across quite well

That 100km solo win a few years ago at tour de suisse was my first sit up and take notice moment for him but this is his 4th Giro I think.

Advertisement