Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions to cover ugly concrete edging

Options
  • 14-05-2021 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

I recently drilled out a section of the front driveway to make space for a Boston Ivy I'd like to grow against my front porch.

The area faces north east and only gets a few hours sun in the mornings at this time of year. Ideally I'd like something small that just covers the edges really, some flowers would be nice but not necessary, anyone have any suggestions?

552998.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,428 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Ajuga or Bugle would not mind the Northerly aspect and would fill the space around the climber. They are very easy, not fussy and spread quite vigorously once they are established so you would only need a couple in that space and you would probably have to thin them out eventually.

Edit, the begonias will probably be ok, but I doubt the pelargonums (geraniums) will do much in the shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Alchemilla Mollis would survive there also.

Advertisement