Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Verification text

Options
  • 14-05-2021 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭

Hi BOI,

I received a text saying "BOI" have restricted access to my 365 owing to Suspicious behaviour along with a link to verify my details. I imagine this is phishing. I suppose what's concerning is that it's from the text number ye normally use to send texts to someone might consider it came from yourselves and follow the steps.

Any observations?

Seafields

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

SeaFields wrote: »
    Hi BOI,

I received a text saying "BOI" have restricted access to my 365 owing to Suspicious behaviour along with a link to verify my details. I imagine this is phishing. I suppose what's concerning is that it's from the text number ye normally use to send texts to someone might consider it came from yourselves and follow the steps.

Any observations?

Seafields
    Hi Seafields, 

Thanks for checking in with us. 

This is certainly a fraudulent SMS you have received. BOI will never send an SMS  with a link to restore account. 

If you have yet to delete, you can screenshot this to 365security@boi.com our colleagues can follow up. 

Once sent please delete from your device to ensure fraudulent link is not accidentally clicked into. 

Fraudsters can imitate the sender ID 'BOI' to try and make it look more genuine. 

We have some more information on smishing here - https://www.bankofireland.com/security-zone/

Hoping this helps, 

Many thanks,
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Thanks Alison. Will screen shot it and send on.

Advertisement