Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The White Hag Brewing Co

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    I see the White Hag have announced they're releasing an Orange Ice Cream Ale. I'll probably grab this one as I enjoyed the Shamrock one they released around Paddy's day

Seems like it would be up your street.

They're a brewery of two halves for me...

I really dislike their strongly flavoured stouts and specials like this, and it was part of the reason I bailed out of Clann Mor.

But their core range of NEIPA, IPA etc. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭flended12

My fav beer of theirs is Bran & Sceolan.

They had a bog ale a good few years ago that was so strong it was dangerous. Very strong flavour, like turf sandwiches, but I liked it.

https://www.irelandcraftbeers.com/the-white-hag/meabh-rua-irish-bog-ale

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

flended12 wrote: »
    They had a bog ale a good few years ago that was so strong it was dangerous. Very strong flavour, like turf sandwiches, but I liked it.

https://www.irelandcraftbeers.com/the-white-hag/meabh-rua-irish-bog-ale

I still have a bottle of that from one of the earlier batches in the old style bottle. I should probably open it, but now it's also now probably one of the few left...

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Anyone know anywhere in Dublin City Centre that has a good selection of them? I think SuperValu in Kilmainham generally has a good selection but never seen anyone sell their full (or most of) their range?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Pomberg77 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in Dublin City Centre that has a good selection of them? I think SuperValu in Kilmainham generally has a good selection but never seen anyone sell their full (or most of) their range?

Stephen st news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Pomberg77

Checked this place out today. It was an OK range, much of what they have in the SuperValu. A few ones I'd love to find would be places that sell the Pineapple Sour, Super Split, Peaches and Cream Ale, Shamrock Shake Ale.

I think the last two might be discontinued though

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Checked this place out today. It was an OK range, much of what they have in the SuperValu. A few ones I'd love to find would be places that sell the Pineapple Sour, Super Split, Peaches and Cream Ale, Shamrock Shake Ale.
    SuperValu on Sundrive Road definitely has the Púca Pineapple and Shamrock Shake still in stock. Glas Peaches & Cream Ale is from almost a year ago, you'd be very lucky to find it now, and the Super Split is only just landing so it could be a day or three before Stephen Street News has it and a week or so before the relevant SuperValus do.
    These are all single-batch (so far) beers. They're discontinued as soon as they're in the can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

A few ones I'd love to find would be places that sell the Pineapple Sour, Super Split, Peaches and Cream Ale, Shamrock Shake Ale.

If you can make your way out to Tallaght, I have 3 cans of Peaches and Cream from the last batch. And a can on the pineapple sour. Welcome to them 👌

Advertisement