Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A REMINDER TO ALL PLAYERS.....

PLEASE DO NOT EDIT POSTS.

EDITING POSTS IS STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED, EVEN IF ITS TO CHANGE A SPELLING MISTAKE.

YOU MAKE A MISTAKE, YOU LIVE WITH IT.

The following player has received a warning :

JP LIZ V1

MODKILLS ARE IN AFFECT IF PLAYERS PERSIST WITH BREAKING RULES!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Trigger wrote: »
    Are we expecting anything to happen at 10.30?

I was thinking this was just going to be a "Game has begun" type announcement, but is there a possibility that BJ might throw a spanner in the works straight from the start

Yeah I don't know how to read his "first night action is tonight, some have day actions" post.
    I hope it means Ultron doesn't have an attack already... Day actions are Dr strange and Hawkeye

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

cee_jay wrote:
    Yeah I don't know how to read his "first night action is tonight, some have day actions" post. I hope it means Ultron doesn't have an attack already... Day actions are Dr strange and Hawkeye

Yeah I think the fact that Ultrons actions are specified as night actions mean we're likely ok there. Would be surprised if it was anything different

That being said we don't know what Agatha or mysterious wolf number 5's powers are yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

This is going to be a confusing game... I hear every player has a role and am triggered by the role madness of the wrestling game :D
    Spreadsheet created!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

cee_jay wrote: »
    This is going to be a confusing game... I hear every player has a role and am triggered by the role madness of the wrestling game :D
    Spreadsheet created!

I made a spreadsheet, but trying to make good use of it will be another problem entirely :D

The wolfie arguments last night seemed to go round in circles, I read them late (with wine consumed) and nothing much sticks out - maybe that was the wine - reading back will be a job for later, by which time there will be so much to read it won't be easy :pac:

• Advertisement

MOD ANNOUNCMENT

Thanos has made his choice. The emperor of Titan has chosen to pursue the six Infinity Stones. By doing so they will relinquish their powers and daily kills.

Lets see what powers they lost.....

tShOnvh.jpg

Thanos would be the Absorber. Any player action used on Thanos would have been absorbed by Thanos.

So any action used on Thanos would not have the desired effect. Instead Thanos would have consumed the action and gain the use of it himself.

eg: Thanos is hit with a vig kill....... the kill would not hurt Thanos, instead Thanos would gain a kill....., or , if Thanos is the subject of a role steal, the steal wouldnt work and Thanos would be able to steal a role himself.

Thanos could only be killed by lynch or munch.

However, now that Thanos is going for the Snap..... he will have no night kills, no powers. He will have the to kill half of the remaining living players on Thursday if he successfully completes his tasks.

Elsewhere.....

PrestigiousFrayedEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

An arrow has been fired.......... Necro was targeted.......

ff95c0aa0184e322454efd453227139c.gif

And Necro was protected.

However.......

The arrow was......a dud arrow.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Let's go team Avengers :D

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Thanks Cap... I think? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i hope for ****s and giggles the snap works. like that game where about 10 people voted to lynch someone and they all died. the carnage was excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

It's all happening now!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Necro wrote: »

Mr Popular, huh? Targetted by a vig shot and protected by a BG?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Or was it Ultron protecting you ;)

Nigel WW wrote:
    Mr Popular, huh? Targetted by a vig shot and protected by a BG?

Seemingly so. Though Hawkeye isn't a traditional vigilante as he doesn't really know what his shots will do.

Eva WW wrote:
    Or was it Ultron protecting you

Given there's a picture of Cap in the mod post that would seem unlikely

Seemingly so. Though Hawkeye isn't a traditional vigilante as he doesn't really know what his shots will do.

Given Cap can't protect himself, you are most likely very lucky or a wolf... Hmmmmm

ari101 wrote:
    Given Cap can't protect himself, you are most likely very lucky or a wolf... Hmmmmm

Why? It's obvious Captain America protected me?

Not 100% true, right? He knows what each arrow does, just not which one he's firing.

Obviously, he'd know better than others, but if 7 of the 10 powers (for example) were ones which would have hit you badly, then it would imply he was willing to risk you dying. Right?

They're "arrows", which would imply to me being pierced.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Given there's a picture of Cap in the mod post that would seem unlikely

Flavour be flavour no?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

ari101 wrote: »

Not that lucky really. We’re getting told who was targeted/protected and we also know that Captain America can’t protect that player again.

• Advertisement

Why? It's obvious Captain America protected me?

I see you draw attention to the pic, which would make sense, but I don't trust anything (paranoia already :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Cap can protect themself?

Captain America - The Village Bodyguard. Cap can protect one player of his choosing per night. He can not protect himself or the same player twice. Cap is also competing with Red Skull to find Bucky. If Cap finds Bucky, Bucky will join the village team as The Winter Soldier.

I take that to mean that he cannot protect himself 2 nights running

I don’t think he can protect himself at all, trigger.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Not that lucky really. We’re getting told who was targeted/protected and we also know that Captain America can’t protect that player again.

Possibly dead vs. no future protection and knowledge of the attempt shared - I think I'd take no future protection.

Nigel WW wrote:
    Obviously, he'd know better than others, but if 7 of the 10 powers (for example) were ones which would have hit you badly, then it would imply he was willing to risk you dying. Right?

Maybe. I can't speak for Hawkeye. Maybe he was hoping I'd die. Maybe he was hoping I'd get a good power, only he can answer that really. Fact is he doesn't know what power his arrow will unleash though so yeah he was probably willing to risk me dying.

I can definitely see WHY I would be a good target for a first arrow.

Doris WW wrote: »
    I don’t think he can protect himself at all, trigger.

I interpreted it this way, but it is possible it means he can only protect himself once also.

I interpreted it this way, but it is possible it means he can only protect himself once also.

Nah I think it’s self explanatory.

Captain America can’t protect himself at all.
    If Captain America protects a player, he can’t protect that player again for the duration of the game.

I'm not entirely certain the whole dissecting of whether Cap can protect himself or not does anything but benefit the wolves here. Is it not a better plan to let them ponder than and have to take the risk latter?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wow it's all happening this morning isn't it? I hate when players get targeted on day 1 by vigilantes. A bit odd though that both Cap and Hawkeye targeted Necro. What do they see that I don't?

And I said it in the sign up thread and I'll say it again. If I had got Thanos I would've gone for the snap too. It's way too tempting to be able to wipe out half the fecking players in one go. We just have to hope we can weed him out before he feels clicky. And we all have to be on the lookout for tasks now that we know he's got 6 to do. 2 per day means we can hopefully spot them pretty easily.

• Advertisement

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Wow it's all happening this morning isn't it? I hate when players get targeted on day 1 by vigilantes. A bit odd though that both Cap and Hawkeye targeted Necro. What do they see that I don't?

Probably based on previous games as opposed to this one :D

I'm rather flattered :P

Advertisement