Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ATTENTION.

The COP site - AKA the site where the backrooms are hosted - is still down for some reason.

Anyone with any queries or questions please PM me.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    A bit odd though that both Cap and Hawkeye targeted Necro. What do they see that I don't?

Its not that I have many reads on anyone yet, but Necro was mightly active yesterday. That can cause people to make judgement calls easier. Like, I have him down as throwing up a small red flag yesterday too, and figure he's the type of player I'd like resolved quicker rather than slower. I can well imagine people with powers throwing stuff his way to see what sort of reaction is generated.

Probably better than throwing stuff at someone who isn't posting at all, and getting no information.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Nigel WW wrote:
    Probably better than throwing stuff at someone who isn't posting at all, and getting no information.

Also fair

What's the red flag?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've stuck in a holding vote on Necro just in case. I'll have a look back at the nonsense yesterday to see what they saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I've stuck in a holding vote on Necro just in case. I'll have a look back at the nonsense yesterday to see what they saw.

Probably a silly question, but if he is protected would that not protect him from Lynch also?

• Advertisement

Follow up on the above I thought Hawkeyes was a day action..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Trigger wrote: »
    Probably a silly question, but if he is protected would that not protect him from Lynch also?

Protections don’t normally include lynches.

I reckon Necro was targeted as he is always the highest poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Can votes be changed? I can’t see anything in the OP or the vote thread saying if they can or not?

@Beaker - can you confirm.

(Also Molly don’t think yours is on the right format as you have a space between # and Vote)

Trigger wrote:

Nah normally the lynch isn't protected from

Necro wrote: »
    Also fair

What's the red flag?

At the moment, it's minor. But since we're starting day one, we really only have minor flags, so I'll explain where I'm at.

This post...
    Pretty sure that's village Flushy :D she doesn't like being called a wolf as village and it makes her shouty :pac:

Now, you're a third party in my overall leans, in terms of how I'm reading this so far.

I liked Abi trying to kickstart the wolf hunting yesterday. I don't think a wolf starts stirring the pot so quickly. I think a wolf keeps their head down, uses fluff to boost post counts. Abi, on the other hand, was like a bull in a China shop, wanting to get down to business immediately.

A few posters registered minor red flags for me trying to discourage that. I don't believe only wolves would, but I do think one of our five wolves likely tried to get some posts in throwing shade at Abi for being eager.

I don't have my list at the moment of who registered as suspicious. But I do know Flush started being somewhat confrontational to Abi over it. Telling Abi to run back to her wolf pack.

And then you came in with that post, defending Flush and trying to downplay it.

It's a very minor flag. A teeny, tiney flag. Not a chance I vote for you right now off the back of it. But if Flush flipped bad at any point, it would be one I'd be looking back on. Defending someone like that is note worthy. There's not a chance I'd defend anyone in that sort of discussion on day one, not knowing who is aligned good or bad. But my inital concerns would be on some people who either discouraged Abi's line of thinking or openly danced around it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

kitten_k wrote: »
    Can votes be changed? I can’t see anything in the OP or the vote thread saying if they can or not?

(Also Molly don’t think yours is on the right format as you have a space between # and Vote)

Yes they can. Changes can be made until 8.59.59pm

kitten_k wrote: »

Oh bollox and I checked the damn thing 3 times before I posted to make sure I was doing it right.

Mollyb60 wrote:
    Oh bollox and I checked the damn thing 3 times before I posted to make sure I was doing it right.

Looks right to me, I don't have any WW after my name.

Why the rush to vote me though instead of reading back first?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Ok so that was an interesting morning, looks like a vig arrow thing fired at Necro who was potentially protected by Capt (flavour) or an evil power/BG. Interesting that, is the timing odd for it to be Hawkeye? And would he know it was a dud arrow as is indicated in the OP he knows what his arrows do

Lucy WW wrote:
    Ok so that was an interesting morning, looks like a vig arrow thing fired at Necro who was potentially protected by Capt (flavour) or an evil power/BG. Interesting that, is the timing odd for it to be Hawkeye? And would he know it was a dud arrow as is indicated in the OP he knows what his arrows do

Knows what his arrows do but not what arrow does which as per the OP.

beakerjoe wrote:
    Hawkeye - The Roulette Archer. Hawkeye has 10 arrows. Each arrow has a different power. Hawkeye will know the powers available but will not know which arrow holds each power. Hawkeye must select one arrow per day to use on a player. Results may vary.

Why the scramble to vote for Necro?

Doris and Molly in early

Nigel WW wrote: »
    At the moment, it's minor. But since we're starting day one, we really only have minor flags, so I'll explain where I'm at.

This post...

Now, you're a third party in my overall leans, in terms of how I'm reading this so far.

I liked Abi trying to kickstart the wolf hunting yesterday. I don't think a wolf starts stirring the pot so quickly. I think a wolf keeps their head down, uses fluff to boost post counts. Abi, on the other hand, was like a bull in a China shop, wanting to get down to business immediately.

A few posters registered minor red flags for me trying to discourage that. I don't believe only wolves would, but I do think one of our five wolves likely tried to get some posts in throwing shade at Abi for being eager.

I don't have my list at the moment of who registered as suspicious. But I do know Flush started being somewhat confrontational to Abi over it. Telling Abi to run back to her wolf pack.

It's a very minor flag. A teeny, tiney flag. Not a chance I vote for you right now off the back of it. But if Flush flipped bad at any point, it would be one I'd be looking back on. Defending someone like that is note worthy. There's not a chance I'd defend anyone in that sort of discussion on day one, not knowing who is aligned good or bad. But my inital concerns would be on some people who either discouraged Abi's line of thinking or openly danced around it.

See I would be the opposite, I didn't like Abi being so gung ho for the wolf chasing when everyone knows day 0 is a fluff day just to get people into the swing of things. And like someone else said the whole argument just seemed to go around in circles and achieve nothing. But I also didn't like Necro jumping in to defend MrsF. There was no need for it, she can play how she likes without Necro jumping to her defense. Do I think it's a wolfy move to defend a wolfy teammate? Meh, maybe not. But he could be trying to pocket MrsF and add that to the targets this morning just puts Necro at the top of my incredibly short list for now. (sorry Necro mate, you know I love ya)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Oh look Mollyb60 voted first.....It's Showtime A-holes! .

:pac:

Ps: that’s not my real vote. I was looking at Molly’s first incorrectly entered vote and hadn’t realised she’d entered it again

Nigel WW wrote:

Tbh that's a meta read based on playing with Flushy for years. She's more aggro as an accused villager and much more placid as a wolf. It could be wrong, of course

Not a wolf though just my own observation is all.

• Advertisement

Looks right to me, I don't have any WW after my name.

Why the rush to vote me though instead of reading back first?
    Lucy WW wrote: »
    Why the scramble to vote for Necro?

Doris and Molly in early

Why not? Votes can be changed. I'd rather have one in in case I get hit by a bus on my lunchtime walk and can't vote later.

If I was making a list of potential tasks, voting first would be potentially one of them. Hence my little interest, speculation of course but notable from Molly and Doris

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Didn't realise there was an option for anon account. I really should read things properly!

So today is the last day of the football season, so many of you may be tied up.
    I wont be up late tonight as I am already tired! and with no lynch today it is the only night I can.

Not expecting to see anything but fluff tonight.
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    This is exactly what a wolf would want to let happen to the pre-turn.
    Really? you think hungover eurovision fans and last day of the PL is going to make for an exciting evening? I assume you have played WW before where this day is the fluffiest in the universe?
    Abigail WW wrote: »
    Not reading the thread and only responding to posts about you is wolfie too.
    Whatever are you talking about. Run back to your pack wolf

This post...

I think you didn't bother reading back. I was merely pointing out that Day0 was a fluffy day usually and Abi went for me. She cant be a new player cos they knew what buttons to press and the reason I would have been anon had I realised that was an option!

Necro was just stating the obvious, I get narky :D

See I would be the opposite, I didn't like Abi being so gung ho for the wolf chasing when everyone knows day 0 is a fluff day just to get people into the swing of things.

I'm not saying you're doing this.

All I'm going to say is that this is the EXACT line of narrative that I've seen pushed before, and it's rarely ever true.
    If I was making a list of potential tasks, voting first would be potentially one of them. Hence my little interest, speculation of course but notable from Molly and Doris

Hmm, possibly. Declaring the vote publicly too.

Why not? Votes can be changed. I'd rather have one in in case I get hit by a bus on my lunchtime walk and can't vote later.

Thats dedication for you!

Trigger wrote: »
    Thats dedication for you!

9d2d466f8b0396e658939f65f0c74e73.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Confused how the whole Hawkeye/Cap thing came about. I assume Cap just thought Necro was at risk of something and protected?

Why was Hawkeye taking a chance without much to go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Wow it's all happening this morning isn't it? I hate when players get targeted on day 1 by vigilantes. A bit odd though that both Cap and Hawkeye targeted Necro. What do they see that I don't?

In fairness I think that’s pretty standard behaviour, if in doubt shoot Necro

I’m more interested in whether it was a village vig or a wolf team attack. The fact that it was a dud suggests it was a village attack

When Doris realised that Molly's vote was incorrect, it looks like they had jumped in to try to get the first vote nailed down. It looks like she was trying to prevent Molly from getting the first vote to prevent her from doing task?
    Doris WW wrote:
    Oh look Mollyb60 voted first.....It's Showtime A-holes! .
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Ps: that’s not my real vote. I was looking at Molly’s first incorrectly entered vote and hadn’t realised she’d entered it again

• Advertisement

I'm not saying you're doing this.

All I'm going to say is that this is the EXACT line of narrative that I've seen pushed before, and it's rarely ever true.

Hmm, possibly. Declaring the vote publicly too.

That's fair enough. I always struggle to find reasons to vote for anyone on day 1. I'm trying to pay more attention this time (while I have monday morning motivationTM and haven't been overwhelmed by the amount of posts yet)

Advertisement