Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Oh LeVar I love when you come at me in games but could it be a Thanos task

How insightful!!! I was wrong about you Liz, you've clearly cracked the game right open with that low hanging fruit of a theory...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Necro wrote: »
    LeVar and Liz - the never ending ultimate showdown :D

tenor.gif?itemid=5640741

I think we should start odds before games... e.g.:
    How long will it take Liz to accuse someone of being a wolf?
    How long for LeVar to get frustrated at Liz for her style of play?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

cee_jay wrote: »
    This. Focusing just on finding Thanos gives wolves space to hide and the street cred of helping the village. Everyone should be on the lookout for task like posts, but it should not be the only focus on the thread. Tunnelling just onto that gives the wolves an advantage, especially if they have what is effectively 2 munches (if I read the Ultron role correctly).

I'm wondering about the Jack of All Trades role. Usually it's either one use of each or the role has to cycle through them

So Peek, Kill, Protect, for instance before it resets and they can use the other powers.

What might also be possible is them not being able to use the same action on consecutive nights so if they kill tonight as an EG they can't kill tomorrow night

There's really no way of knowing though, depends on how the role was designed

• Registered Users Posts: 86,723 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Anything stand out to you Liz? Some have pointed to early votes, nothing else really flagged thus far

Yesterday I was suss on you Necro, Jake and Eva with nothing to go on really, I think I always think bad side for you Necro and cee_jay :P

I see a kinda wagon of votes seem to be on you Necro now, why because you were protected?

Did Jake / Drumpot streak before Thanos BJ reveal tasks?

I'm wondering about the Jack of All Trades role. Usually it's either one use of each or the role has to cycle through them

So Peek, Kill, Protect, for instance before it resets and they can use the other powers.

What might also be possible is them not being able to use the same action on consecutive nights so if they kill tonight as an EG they can't kill tomorrow night

There's really no way of knowing though, depends on how the role was designed

Either way it's an extra easy kill for them which I don't like.

• Advertisement

Yesterday I was suss on you Necro, Jake and Eva with nothing to go on really, I think I always think bad side for you Necro and cee_jay :P

I see a kinda wagon of votes seem to be on you Necro now, why because you were protected?

No, after. But would posting in your own account as an anon player be a task? I doubt it.

Shane/Eva just did it there too like.

Liz I am not a wolf in this game.

Either way it's an extra easy kill for them which I don't like.

We will just have to find and dismember Ultron in that case.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

ShaneU wrote: »
    Third time using a Starlord gif....task?

I'm taking it as the most unsubtle role claimer in WW history.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Liz I am not a wolf in this game.

Isn't that exactly what a wolf would say? Or a villager... Dammit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm never not frustrated by Liz's style of play, but I'm going to put a pin in it for now. Don't want to de-rail the hunt with my ongoing vendetta. Was just kicking some stones to see if Liz would veer from her usual style of play, and inadvertently out herself as a villain, but all I got was the usual, so still none the wiser on Liz one way or another.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I'm taking it as the most unsubtle role claimer in WW history.
    Doris WW wrote: »
    What Should We Do Next? Something Good, Something Bad? Bit Of Both?

Are you Starlord Doris? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

FWIW, this isnt a pop Liz, but more on what irks people about your playstyle. i think if you actually read through the thread and caught up instead of posting these questions that could really be answered by a short read through and taking the discussion onto you as posters get annoyed at you, it would really be more beneficial to the village as we could focus more on finding the wolves..

Unless you are a wolf of course ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Are you Starlord Doris? :D

Are you calling me a Pratt?

:pac:

Can someone sanity check that I'm not just OMGUSSing Molly here, I genuinely think she is evil. Her posting this morning lights up all sorts of red flags.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Wow it's all happening this morning isn't it? I hate when players get targeted on day 1 by vigilantes. A bit odd though that both Cap and Hawkeye targeted Necro. What do they see that I don't?

And I said it in the sign up thread and I'll say it again. If I had got Thanos I would've gone for the snap too. It's way too tempting to be able to wipe out half the fecking players in one go. We just have to hope we can weed him out before he feels clicky. And we all have to be on the lookout for tasks now that we know he's got 6 to do. 2 per day means we can hopefully spot them pretty easily.

Doesn't see anything in me...
    I've stuck in a holding vote on Necro just in case. I'll have a look back at the nonsense yesterday to see what they saw.

Votes me without reading back to see if she missed anything...
    Looks right to me, I don't have any WW after my name.

Why the rush to vote me though instead of reading back first?
    Why not? Votes can be changed. I'd rather have one in in case I get hit by a bus on my lunchtime walk and can't vote later.

I call her out on it and her reasoning is meh. I don't mind the vote, just trying to understand it.
    Molly are you Thanos? Seems rather Thanos like behavior diving in for the first vote....
    Ah **** off. :D

Again I was sort of prodding here but her reaction is interesting, as is her next post....
    Ok this is a bull**** line to be following. If I was trying to get the first vote in the thread why would I wait a whole half an hour to post a vote? Fair enough if I weren't me I think it'd look tasky as **** but it's not. And Doris trying to act all noble like she's trying to block the task is bull**** too coz she waited even longer than me to post a vote.

The bolded line is interesting, it's much more of a read on someone than she has given on anyone, including me the person she is voting for?
    You're not doing much to change my mind here but there's a long way to go before the lynch so I'm fine sticking where I am for now but I'll be watching Doris too. I can be equally suspicious of people.

Her response to me pointing this out, I've responded and nothing since - I just think it's very wolfy the whole exchange. But would like other opinions on it

You Ultron or Thanos cee_jay :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Orla was an eager beaver to jump on Sing Street as a potential task imo. But I can see their point I guess, if not for the mod post.

Molly/Doris, I get.

Flushy is always wolfy :D

:mad:

Trying to think of things to watch for tasks. First letters in a sentence with his words he said at snap? certain gifs, It will be tough, but they have got to be noticeable somehow or there is no point?

I know we shouldn't focus only on watching for tasks, but there are some of us (not me actually) who are really good at spotting things.

No, after. But would posting in your own account as an anon player be a task? I doubt it.

Shane/Eva just did it there too like.

Thanks Necro, I did search back but currently on the phone and coverage isn't great

You Ultron or Thanos cee_jay :p

No I am not.
    Was your post edit a Thanos task Liz?

Trigger wrote: »
    FWIW, this isnt a pop Liz, but more on what irks people about your playstyle. i think if you actually read through the thread and caught up instead of posting these questions that could really be answered by a short read through and taking the discussion onto you as posters get annoyed at you, it would really be more beneficial to the village as we could focus more on finding the wolves..
    Unless you are a wolf of course ;)

I take note and I'm village

• Advertisement

No I am not.
    Was your post edit a Thanos task Liz?

No it was done yesterday as my pic gif didn't show up and I forgot not to edit

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Wow it's all happening this morning isn't it? I hate when players get targeted on day 1 by vigilantes. A bit odd though that both Cap and Hawkeye targeted Necro. What do they see that I don't?

And I said it in the sign up thread and I'll say it again. If I had got Thanos I would've gone for the snap too. It's way too tempting to be able to wipe out half the fecking players in one go. We just have to hope we can weed him out before he feels clicky. And we all have to be on the lookout for tasks now that we know he's got 6 to do. 2 per day means we can hopefully spot them pretty easily.

Vig in the last game took out an Alpha wolf on day 1, i wouldn't be totally against it but glad it was blocked. Seemed a lazy punt at a high poster.

Looking through Mollys posts in search of Thanos clues, I dunno why this one feels off somehow. I'm liking Molly for Thanos or potentially Doris but feeling molly more.

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Vig in the last game took out an Alpha wolf on day 1, i wouldn't be totally against it but glad it was blocked. Seemed a lazy punt at a high poster.

Looking through Mollys posts in search of Thanos clues, I dunno why this one feels off somehow. I'm liking Molly for Thanos or potentially Doris but feeling molly more.

Dunno about her being Thanos but she's definitely lupine-like in her posts, see my synopsis above

I cannot claim NRV as no one can
    other Avengers are present and every player has a role

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Has again tasky looking happened yet that could be Thanos?

Orla has mentioned Sing Street twice, has posted the Eurovision song twice and she has mentioned "Soviet system" which I can't help but feel might be something.

MrsFlushdraw mentioned two expresso this morning and Doris mentioned tea in a later post.

Molly mentioning about being hit by a bus at lunchtime as the reason behind her casting her vote early and the fact that she put the TM at the end of Monday morning motivation just stuck out to me.

Doris mentioning that a post "stinks worse than my cigar" popped out to me (perhaps it might be something to do with Doris Day!?) and talking about her phone ringing while posting also jumped out.

Otherwise, nearly all conversations have revolved around Necro and Cap and identifying Thanos.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

re the voting and it being a possible thanos task...i dont think so.

thats a task that thanos could fail by not being online. these will be on thread tasks that cant be failed due to the actions of another player outside of the control of thanos

I'd disagree to be honest, we don't know the specifics of the role and a lot of this is speculation but id imagine the tasks are going to increase in difficulty without being completely obvious. Also it could be a case of you need to vote at 11am or you need to vote for the same player twice. 6 tasks, some will take a lot of work, some may be fairly simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

@Liz - no I don't think Necro is or isn't a wolf anymore than anyone else yet, I was just trying to dissect the possible meanings of the actions. Interestingly someone else pointed out Cap might be told who is targeted (sorry can't remember who) but I see that as unlikely, I expect BJ to leave us in the dark to f**k with our heads as much as possible ;)

@Necro - I love your optimism that you'll make it to Day2 to be munched, given the way the votes seem to be going :pac:

Re CFD - I was actually reading the glossary the other day and was wondering why it is called Chinese...?

@whomever suggested we look at the person below us posting - happy to keep an extra eye on Barney (hi LeVar if you are stalking me :D)

I agree re not Thanos hunting unless tasking things arise to discuss - could voting for yourself and having to switch and explain be a task a la Doris?

odds on cee_jay is not evil (wolf or SK) for meta reasons :D But each individual role of the dice brings a whole range of possibilities so just like winning the lotto...

I'm going to try do a proper reread now that I'm on desktop and see if I have any wolfie feelings (not me personally much as a like a fur baby I prefer mine of the feline variety) :)

P.S. Vernon - who doesn't love a glass of wine??? ;)

ari101 wrote: »

@Necro - I love your optimism that you'll make it to Day2 to be munched, given the way the votes seem to be going :pac:

I've only one vote, tied with Doris and Molly? My wagon has broken down before it took off

tenor.gif?itemid=9389781

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Can someone sanity check that I'm not just OMGUSSing Molly here, I genuinely think she is evil. Her posting this morning lights up all sorts of red flags.

Doesn't see anything in me...

Votes me without reading back to see if she missed anything...

I call her out on it and her reasoning is meh. I don't mind the vote, just trying to understand it.

Again I was sort of prodding here but her reaction is interesting, as is her next post....

The bolded line is interesting, it's much more of a read on someone than she has given on anyone, including me the person she is voting for?

Her response to me pointing this out, I've responded and nothing since - I just think it's very wolfy the whole exchange. But would like other opinions on it

I didnt think anything of it initially, i actually laughed and thought "Policy lynch Necro!" but when i looked into the exchange a bit more, it definetly is throwing up some red flags.

That first post in your exchange there, makes the rest of it look totally off.

Also with regards to the timing, she was saying why would she not just do it straight after the link opened.

If she was Thanos, they would have received their tasks by PM as the backroom was not accessable, so a possible delay, probably 2 tasks, read and choose which one to do first. Oh and lets not forget that Boards notifications are also acting up which could also have resulted in a delay in receiving the PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I've only one vote, tied with Doris and Molly? My wagon has broken down before it took off

tenor.gif?itemid=9389781

Apologies, I see one is Molly's possible typo and duplicate and Doris voted and switched. I just counted them without looking at the names :D

Advertisement