Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

So far I'm suspicious of abi and molly.

Abi got a bit aggressive yesterday with the, um... Lack of fluff? Still getting used to these new terms

Molly got super defensive, lots of swearing! Calm down, dear.

Is it possible jake/drumpot actually is thanos and a task was to deliberately out themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

nothing wrote: »
    Yes please!

"The Wolves seem to be circling the Abyss, its only a matter of time before we catch 'em all."

"Wait when you say circling The Abyss are you talking about nothing?"

"What?"

"You know nothing, the poster, we said we'd refer to them as The Abyss"

"No I'm talking about the actual Abyss, why would I be talking about The Abyss as in nothing in that context."

"Now I'm more confused than ever. Does the Abyss have anything to do with this?"

"No the Abyss has nothing to do with the Abyss, I'm talking about the actual Abyss not nothing."

"You keeps saying The Abyss and nothing a lot, so I really don't know what's going on..."

"Ugh, you're such a Jon Snow, you know nothing"

Easy to see through that perfectly natural (and not at all convoluted) dialogue, how this could get confusing... :pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Wow it's all happening this morning isn't it? I hate when players get targeted on day 1 by vigilantes. A bit odd though that both Cap and Hawkeye targeted Necro. What do they see that I don't?

This can go either way because Captain is good. So she wouldn't have protected Necro either. She is ambivalent.
    Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ok this is a bull**** line to be following. If I was trying to get the first vote in the thread why would I wait a whole half an hour to post a vote?

Reasonable enough.
    Fair enough if I weren't me I think it'd look tasky as **** but it's not. And Doris trying to act all noble like she's trying to block the task is bull**** too coz she waited even longer than me to post a vote.

I agree that Doris might have been just bull****ting.

I don't agree with Molly voting for Necro without any analysis and that's the one suss thing about her. But votes can be changed and she said it was a holding vote.

kitten_k was very concerned whether Molly could change her vote or not and wanted her to type it in properly too. Why? kitten_k has barely been seen since. If Molly is a wolf, then maybe kitten_k is a teammate.

Patrick and Lucy (and maybe Trigger) jumping on Necro's Molly bandwagon feels like backroom tactics(do the backrooms work again? I haven't checked) or opportunistic wolves (if Necro is good).

Then again, the more likely scenario for me at this point is Necro was a protected wolf last night, rather than a targeted villager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Backrooms are back at the following web site : http://keith.thisismydublin.ie/wwbackup/

Same login details work.

Oh LeVar, you've really cheered up my day with that! Laughing like a loon here

• Advertisement

Trigger wrote: »

Your reply "but wolves could have tasks too" sure they could, that is possible, but you know damn well that you were talking about Thanos initially, so stop making excuses

That's not true, I have been searching for tasks by Thanos AND wolves from my first post and never said anything otherwise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vernon WW wrote:
    Then again, the more likely scenario for me at this point is Necro was a protected wolf last night, rather than a targeted villager.

*Buzzer sounds*

Incorrect, try again

Vernon WW wrote:
    That's not true, I have been searching for tasks by Thanos AND wolves from my first post and never said anything otherwise.

Have you considered the possibility that villagers may also have tasks

Nothing is in the OP to say wolves or villagers have tasks so why are you so sure wolves have tasks?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

My vote currently on Doris.

Posting a lot of nonsense gifs and videos, possibly tasks for Thanos.

Posting gifs of Starlord, a character we know nothing about but won't claim them, ,could be a Loki thing?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    kitten_k was very concerned whether Molly could change her vote or not and wanted her to type it in properly too. Why? kitten_k has barely been seen since. If Molly is a wolf, then maybe kitten_k is a teammate.

Patrick and Lucy (and maybe Trigger) jumping on Necro's Molly bandwagon feels like backroom tactics(do the backrooms work again? I haven't checked) or opportunistic wolves (if Necro is good).

Its probably worth noting that since the backrooms were down, wolves would have been utterly un-cordinated this morning. If one spotted something wrong (say, Kitten pointing out the Molly issue), they wouldn't have been able to communicate that fear in any other manner but publicly.

I hope that's not meta-gaming, mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

nothing wrote: »
    Is it possible jake/drumpot actually is thanos and a task was to deliberately out themselves?

I doubt it because these tasks would surely have been set up in advance. That task couldn't translate to a player who is playing under their own account.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Hi all

Subbing in for Clodagh WW, was lurking earlier so will do a quick read back now

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Twas Doris who posted the Eurovision winning song twice. She also used the word 'adrenaline' soon afterwards and there was a song called adrenalina but probably nothing in the latter point.

Oh was it Doris, oops my mistake, I had scribbled that under Orla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think we should refer to nothing the poster as The Abyss, stays true to the name and sounds badass.

Using The Abyss a Thanos task, as also a film (any link to the Avengers, cast etc.,) or have I gone into a dumbass rabbit hole

Necro wrote: »
    *Buzzer sounds*

Incorrect, try again

Ultron - - The Jack of all Trades - Ultron is a highly intelligent and resourceful weaponized android. Each night phase he can select 1 power to use against humanity. He can take a peek, protect a teammate from a non lynch kill or attack another player.
    Nothing is in the OP to say wolves or villagers have tasks so why are you so sure wolves have tasks?

Why are you so sure they don't is the bigger question. You know perfectly well wolves sometimes have tasks and it isn't put in the OP, same goes for village tasks.

We shouldn't dismiss the possibility that Necro was a protected wolf last night. It's been overlooked.

Vernon WW wrote:
    Ultron - - The Jack of all Trades - Ultron is a highly intelligent and resourceful weaponized android. Each night phase he can select 1 power to use against humanity. He can take a peek, protect a teammate from a non lynch kill or attack another player.

Read the mod post again and come back to me on that please Vernon. You're making a massive assumption when the truth is staring you in the face. Trying to decide whether you're covering for Molly and making this bizarre play or just missed the mod post, but I think you've read the entire thread so I'm now suspicious of this line of questioning.

Vernon WW wrote:
    Why are you so sure they don't is the bigger question. You know perfectly well wolves sometimes have tasks and it isn't put in the OP, same goes for village tasks.

I'm not sure on anything Vernon. You're absolutely convinced there are wolf tasks and you're making all kinds of weird connections which is making you look really suss at the moment. Literally flailing around trying to make things fit that don't.

cee_jay wrote: »
    I doubt it because these tasks would surely have been set up in advance. That task couldn't translate to a player who is playing under their own account.

True, but would it have been as specific as to how it's done or is there some discrepancy for the player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MOD ANNOUNCEMENT

Clodagh WW has subbed in.

Clodagh WW will remain in the game, but a new player is behind the account

Read the mod post again and come back to me on that please Vernon. You're making a massive assumption when the truth is staring you in the face. Trying to decide whether you're covering for Molly and making this bizarre play or just missed the mod post, but I think you've read the entire thread so I'm now suspicious of this line of questioning.

Why couldn't you have been a protected wolf last night? Have I missed something?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

We shouldn't dismiss the possibility that Necro was a protected wolf last night. It's been overlooked.

Correct, only Captain America will know for sure.

Is there a reason for this Liz?

y0ss wants Thanos to succeed and kill loads

Eva AFAIR was on about Ultron saving Necro

I haven't fully decided yet tbh

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    My vote currently on Doris.

Posting a lot of nonsense gifs and videos, possibly tasks for Thanos.

Posting gifs of Starlord, a character we know nothing about but won't claim them, ,could be a Loki thing?

I’d be pretty sad if you kept that vote on me Eva

:(

Vernon WW wrote:

It's literally been discussed ALL morning Vernon :pac:

Either you're being deliberately obtuse now or you're not reading the thread in full.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Here’s this morning’s announcement.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    MOD ANNOUNCMENT

Thanos has made his choice. The emperor of Titan has chosen to pursue the six Infinity Stones. By doing so they will relinquish their powers and daily kills.

Lets see what powers they lost.....

tShOnvh.jpg

Thanos would be the Absorber. Any player action used on Thanos would have been absorbed by Thanos.

So any action used on Thanos would not have the desired effect. Instead Thanos would have consumed the action and gain the use of it himself.

eg: Thanos is hit with a vig kill....... the kill would not hurt Thanos, instead Thanos would gain a kill....., or , if Thanos is the subject of a role steal, the steal wouldnt work and Thanos would be able to steal a role himself.

Thanos could only be killed by lynch or munch.

However, now that Thanos is going for the Snap..... he will have no night kills, no powers. He will have the to kill half of the remaining living players on Thursday if he successfully completes his tasks.

Elsewhere.....

PrestigiousFrayedEskimodog-size_restricted.gif

An arrow has been fired.......... Necro was targeted.......

ff95c0aa0184e322454efd453227139c.gif

And Necro was protected.

However.......

The arrow was......a dud arrow.

Vernon WW wrote:
    Why couldn't you have been a protected wolf last night? Have I missed something?

You're stating I might have been protected by Ultron

That is incorrect unless the mod is deliberately misleading us by posting a pic of Captain America

Could Captain America have protected a wolf? Possibly, he wouldn't know that though, he's not a seer.

I'm not a wolf but he can't possibly know that

Why would the wolves protect their own over killing village? That makes no sense to me. Free kill or protect? They would go kill when their numbers aren't in danger i.e. no indication the game night actions started last night.

I fancy Bucky even as Tommy Lee just saying

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I fancy Bucky even as Tommy Lee just saying

Bucky in Falcon and the Winter Soldier is quite fancible. I'll give you that Liz!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Is there a reason for this Liz?

Well Thanos killing a big group might not be the worst thing if the wolves are in a good place later in the week. Just something to consider, because a big snap might level the playing field nicely. If we've caught a few wolves before snap time it would be more important to find Thanos.

Advertisement