Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    I’d be pretty sad if you kept that vote on me Eva

:(

Eva you don’t have a vote currently on me :confused:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I know "flavor be flavor", but posting the protect with a picture of Cap makes me lean towards it being a villager protection.

Unless Cap himself comes out (and obviously he shouldn't) to deny protecting Necro (and thus likely confirming we have a wolf), I'd say we should be working under the assumption it was a BG protection for now.

As the game goes on, I'd keep an eye on it. If Cap flips up at some point, hopefully they'd have left breadcrumbs. But for now, it's not hang worthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In case you missed it
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Backrooms are back at the following web site : http://keith.thisismydublin.ie/wwbackup/

Same login details work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Orla has mentioned Sing Street twice, has posted the Eurovision song twice and she has mentioned "Soviet system" which I can't help but feel might be something.

MrsFlushdraw mentioned two expresso this morning and Doris mentioned tea in a later post.

Molly mentioning about being hit by a bus at lunchtime as the reason behind her casting her vote early and the fact that she put the TM at the end of Monday morning motivation just stuck out to me.

Doris mentioning that a post "stinks worse than my cigar" popped out to me (perhaps it might be something to do with Doris Day!?) and talking about her phone ringing while posting also jumped out.

Otherwise, nearly all conversations have revolved around Necro and Cap and identifying Thanos.

Don't look too much into chit chat. Someone told me I needed coffee, I said I had 2. Thanos is on his own and wouldnt have someone to set something up. We need stuff that stands out on its own.
    Eva WW wrote: »
    Correct, only Captain America will know for sure.

Captain America saved Necro, for whatever reason they saw fit. Two goodies went for the same person. A bit bizarre. I am not liking Necro to be on team village though, he has cosied up to me twice! and I think he is trying to take me down with him if he gets caught.

Sorry Necro!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Orla WW wrote: »
    At least you havent had a meltdown yet. So..... Not all bad?
    Give it time. I feel one brewing. :D
    Necro wrote: »
    Ok, but I'm the only one voting you yet?
    Yeah but you had a nice little bandwagon starting there. I know how these things go. People always clutch at straws on D1, and my stupid early vote is just as good a reason as any to lynch me tonight. I've seen people be lynched for less on D1. My vote for you is about as tenuous as your vote for me at this stage.
    nothing wrote: »
    So far I'm suspicious of abi and molly.

Abi got a bit aggressive yesterday with the, um... Lack of fluff? Still getting used to these new terms

Molly got super defensive, lots of swearing! Calm down, dear.

Is it possible jake/drumpot actually is thanos and a task was to deliberately out themselves?

Oh hi there. I'm Molly, I have anger management issues. Please see Orla's comment above. Please don't take it personally. I'm just a very sweary person. :D

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Read the mod post again and come back to me on that please Vernon. You're making a massive assumption when the truth is staring you in the face. Trying to decide whether you're covering for Molly and making this bizarre play or just missed the mod post, but I think you've read the entire thread so I'm now suspicious of this line of questioning.

I'm not sure on anything Vernon. You're absolutely convinced there are wolf tasks and you're making all kinds of weird connections which is making you look really suss at the moment. Literally flailing around trying to make things fit that don't.

I am trying to understand what happened here. This morning you were targeted for an arrow by Hawkeye and you were protected by somebody. Two different actions in play. There was a GIF of CAP which may or may not mean he provided the cover, was flavour or perhaps some cover for an ultron protection (I presume these are the only three possibilities?).

So I’m wondering if we will be notified of all CAP choices daily regardless of whether it helps somebody or not? The arrow was supposedly a dud so why would it be announced on thread if you were not in danger?

But doesn’t that limit the list of players CAP can defend if he can only protect a player once and it’s announced on thread? Wolves now know you can’t be protected.

So ultron can actually protect a team mate. If you were on the wolf team you are prob the most obvious team mate to defend for obvious reasons. Or maybe you are too obvious ? Ah I don’t know.

Hmmm. Honestly , it’s a head scratcher. I’m not sold on this either way, I just find the events extremely odd. What is your take on it?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

That is incorrect unless the mod is deliberately misleading us by posting a pic of Captain America

I honestly didn't know that was a picture of Captain America. I know nothing about this theme and it never said it in writing (beakerjoe! :mad:). I didn't know it was a fact.

I am obviously wrong about you being a protected wolf and I apologise. :o

I am going for a much-needed break!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

cee_jay wrote: »
    Bucky in Falcon and the Winter Soldier is quite fancible. I'll give you that Liz!

Sebastian Stan is very underrated actor

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Give it time. I feel one brewing. :D

Yeah but you had a nice little bandwagon starting there. I know how these things go. People always clutch at straws on D1, and my stupid early vote is just as good a reason as any to lynch me tonight. I've seen people be lynched for less on D1. My vote for you is about as tenuous as your vote for me at this stage.

Oh hi there. I'm Molly, I have anger management issues. Please see Orla's comment above. Please don't take it personally. I'm just a very sweary person. :D

I get ya Molly! I am just the same. I do these silly things that seem to hang a "Lynch m" sign round my neck. And as you know, I always turn out to be a villager :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Mollyb60 wrote: »

Haha, I feel it might be a disadvantage being unfamiliar with you all!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Jake WW wrote:
    Hmmm. Honestly , it’s a head scratcher. I’m not sold on this either way, I just find the events extremely odd. What is your take on it?

My take is that I was targeted by both village roles for being my usual high posting self.

Hawkeyes shout wasn't a bad one, if it killed me it takes me off the board for good or for bad depending on my alignment (which is village but again he doesn't know that).

There may also be good powers contained in the arrows and they might think I could use them well if I received a good power.

Anyways all this talk of me is a moot point

You have a villager with 9 arrows remaining who tried to shoot me this morning but for Cap protecting me. They can simply shoot me again tomorrow morning *shrugs*

Why bother lynching me when Hawkeye is still in play?

Don't look too much into chit chat. Someone told me I needed coffee, I said I had 2. Thanos is on his own and wouldnt have someone to set something up. We need stuff that stands out on its own.

Captain America saved Necro, for whatever reason they saw fit. Two goodies went for the same person. A bit bizarre. I am not liking Necro to be on team village though, he has cosied up to me twice! and I think he is trying to take me down with him if he gets caught.

Sorry Necro!

Do you think the protection was announced on thread because of the arrow? (Even though it was a dud?)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,726 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Barney92 wrote: »
    Well Thanos killing a big group might not be the worst thing if the wolves are in a good place later in the week. Just something to consider, because a big snap might level the playing field nicely. If we've caught a few wolves before snap time it would be more important to find Thanos.

Interesting you sort of agree with y0ss

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    I honestly didn't know that was a picture of Captain America. I know nothing about this theme and it never said it in writing (beakerjoe! :mad:). I didn't know it was a fact.

Unless...

Loki - - Loki is the God of Mischief and he will have some plenty of smoke and mirrors in his arsenal. If Loki is peeked, he may use his tricks to appear as another player. He may also be using his powers of disguise to pull the wool over the eyes of some players. :D

Laters.

Jake WW wrote: »
    I am trying to understand what happened here. This morning you were targeted for an arrow by Hawkeye and you were protected by somebody. Two different actions in play. There was a GIF of CAP which may or may not mean he provided the cover, was flavour or perhaps some cover for an ultron protection (I presume these are the only three possibilities?).

So I’m wondering if we will be notified of all CAP choices daily regardless of whether it helps somebody or not? The arrow was supposedly a dud so why would it be announced on thread if you were not in danger?

But doesn’t that limit the list of players CAP can defend if he can only protect a player once and it’s announced on thread? Wolves now know you can’t be protected.

So ultron can actually protect a team mate. If you were on the wolf team you are prob the most obvious team mate to defend for obvious reasons. Or maybe you are too obvious ? Ah I don’t know.

I'm not buying it was flavour at all. I don't think Beaker would try and mislead like that. I am pretty sure it is exactly what it says on the tin. Hawkeye took a shot but Cap already had a protect in.

I think people pushing this agenda are suss. Trying to throw shade on Necro (who I still think could be bad) I am not having great reads on anyone at the minute. Had to leave work due to pain and back in bed. Once I can tak more meds my head might clear and I can think better (But remember I am sh1te at this anyway :P )

nothing wrote: »
    Haha, I feel it might be a disadvantage being unfamiliar with you all!

It is actually better as you wont have any preconceived thoughts on our play and can read things as they are
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Do you think the protection was announced on thread because of the arrow? (Even though it was a dud?)

I think it was that exactly. Hawkeye took a shot and if nothing was announced, he would wonder what happened. I think that we would have found out Necro had been shot, but survived today due to a dud arrow despite Cap. I don't think we will hear about protections at all unless the player is targeted. But I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Interesting you sort of agree with y0ss

Not quite Liz, or at least we don't have the same motives. Yoss seems content to watch the world burn -
    i hope for ****s and giggles the snap works. like that game where about 10 people voted to lynch someone and they all died. the carnage was excellent!

Whereas I think the state of play is an important one. We might actually want Thanos to complete their tasks, if we're in dire straits that is.

Jake WW wrote:

Yeah that's my take on it. We will learn what (if any) effect Hawkeyes arrow has on the target each morning. Cap protecting me is a by product of that, if he didn't protect me I'd have a sore arse from a dud arrow :pac:

It is actually better as you wont have any preconceived thoughts on our play and can read things as they are

I think it was that exactly. Hawkeye took a shot and if nothing was announced, he would wonder what happened. I think that we would have found out Necro had been shot, but survived today due to a dud arrow despite Cap. I don't think we will hear about protections at all unless the player is targeted. But I could be wrong.

So unless Hawkeye can shoot himself we know for a fact that Necro is not CAP or Hawkeye.... I guess that’s something that could be important later on in game if Necro is still around and those are two of the remaining villagers...

I think people pushing this agenda are suss. Trying to throw shade on Necro (who I still think could be bad) I am not having great reads on anyone at the minute. Had to leave work due to pain and back in bed. Once I can tak more meds my head might clear and I can think better (But remember I am sh1te at this anyway :P )

I'll say I agree with you, but given I noted earlier that Necro's defense of you was a red flag if one of you flips bad latter in the game, I have to note that you're now defending him quite strongly too, which will also be note worthy for latter on.

I don't intend to vote either of you currently, mind. But it's something that I feel will need to be examined if either of you flip bad latter on.

• Advertisement

Hawkeye - The Roulette Archer. Hawkeye has 10 arrows. Each arrow has a different power. Hawkeye will know the powers available but will not know which arrow holds each power. Hawkeye must select one arrow per day to use on a player. Results may vary.

I would imagine that dud arrow was one of the 10 posisble arrows so I don't think Hawkeye would have been too confused if nothing happened.

Nigel WW wrote:
    I'll say I agree with you, but given I noted earlier that Necro's defense of you was a red flag if one of you flips bad latter in the game, I have to note that you're now defending him quite strongly too, which will also be note worthy for latter on.

Well not quite ..

She's defending the fact that some think it might have been Ultron protected me as opposed to actually defending ME, is my read.

Especially when she previously said this recently.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Its probably worth noting that since the backrooms were down, wolves would have been utterly un-cordinated this morning. If one spotted something wrong (say, Kitten pointing out the Molly issue), they wouldn't have been able to communicate that fear in any other manner but publicly.

I hope that's not meta-gaming, mind.

Not guaranteed there Nigel. They may have been un-coordinated, or our Mod may have established another mode of communication for them in which case they could work away to their heart's content and even somewhat tongue-in-cheek put forward the idea of disorganised wolves ^^^.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Not quite Liz, or at least we don't have the same motives. Yoss seems content to watch the world burn -

Whereas I think the state of play is an important one. We might actually want Thanos to complete their tasks, if we're in dire straits that is.

i wouldnt say content, i just think it would be hilarious. one of those WW moments you want to see happen. that last time, to date is the best moment we have had in WW.

liz, to assuage your fears... i'm not thanos :p

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Eva you don’t have a vote currently on me :confused:
    Fairly sure I know your role now and won't be voting you afterall. Unless you're Loki or Thanos and I'm way off.

Lots of time left to decide anyway

Not guaranteed there Nigel. They may have been un-coordinated, or our Mod may have established another mode of communication for them in which case they could work away to their heart's content and even somewhat tongue-in-cheek put forward the idea of disorganised wolves ^^^.

Hmm, again at risk of meta gaming, I don't believe that would have happened.
    Or at least, such a scenario never even occured to me, and I'm piqued by the fact it has for you.

I don't believe that such a form would have been devised that wouldn't have restored backrooms to everyone (which Beaker told us about when it happened). Said form of communication would likely have needed to be in the form of a re-readable section for after we're done. At which point, why would the wolves have been given access to discuss things like that and not the village.

Maybe. I just disagree with that, but find it curious that you're dismissing the idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Captain America - The Village Bodyguard. Cap can protect one player of his choosing per night. He can not protect himself or the same player twice. Cap is also competing with Red Skull to find Bucky. If Cap finds Bucky, Bucky will join the village team as The Winter Soldier.

this is why i like the oxford comma.

He can not protect himself or the same player twice.

He can not protect himself, or the same player twice.

a lot of people dont use that comma so it can be read both ways. i am leaning towards cap being able to protect himself once as that is how things have worked previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

There are no guarantees that we would kill half the wolves though. All wolves could survive and village be decimated which wouldn't be a desired outcome.

So....FFAs?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Eva WW wrote: »
    Fairly sure I know your role now and won't be voting you afterall. Unless you're Loki or Thanos and I'm way off.

Lots of time left to decide anyway

Dude, do the math. You know they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Thanos and you can see that statement is NOT TRUE! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another superdude you got a fifty/fifty chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal! So you got a 25 percent at best at beat me! And then you add Loki to the mix? You-the chances of winning drasticy go down. See, the vote tonight, you got a 33 and a third chance of winning. But I! I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning, cuz Loki KNOOOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try. So, Thanos, you take your thirty three and a third chance minus my twenty five percent chanpmce (if we was to go one on one) and you got an eight and a third chance of killed toinight. But then you take my 75 perchance-chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 and two thirds…percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of not being lynched ever! Señor Thanos? The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at tonight!

Advertisement