Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Barney92 wrote:
    Whereas I think the state of play is an important one. We might actually want Thanos to complete their tasks, if we're in dire straits that is.

It does say that the players are selected at random so it MIGHT kill wolves but it also MIGHT just kill villagers....

It's very very risky to rely on that sort of random mechanic, I do get what you mean as a "hail Mary" play though.

Wolves will be desperate to stop it anyways that's for certain, particularly if they're doing well up to that point

• Registered Users Posts: 86,728 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Unless...

Loki - - Loki is the God of Mischief and he will have some plenty of smoke and mirrors in his arsenal. If Loki is peeked, he may use his tricks to appear as another player. He may also be using his powers of disguise to pull the wool over the eyes of some players. :D

Laters.

I am Loking at LeVar :D:pac:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Dude, do the math. You know they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Thanos and you can see that statement is NOT TRUE! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another superdude you got a fifty/fifty chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal! So you got a 25 percent at best at beat me! And then you add Loki to the mix? You-the chances of winning drasticy go down. See, the vote tonight, you got a 33 and a third chance of winning. But I! I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning, cuz Loki KNOOOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try. So, Thanos, you take your thirty three and a third chance minus my twenty five percent chanpmce (if we was to go one on one) and you got an eight and a third chance of killed toinight. But then you take my 75 perchance-chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 and two thirds…percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of not being lynched ever! Señor Thanos? The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at tonight!

8203806108bea3e1151d3f5f10914cd1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

cee_jay wrote: »
    There are no guarantees that we would kill half the wolves though. All wolves could survive and village be decimated which wouldn't be a desired outcome.

Not saying it would mean that wolves are killed, but are you going to say that there could be no benefits of a Thanos snap? Lets paint a scenario whereby 6 villagers and 0 wolves die before the snap (unlikely but possible). It might not be the worst thing to have a random killing of people. I'm not advocating for it, but think we have to take into consideration that a snap might have it's benefits. So searching for Thanos and outing them now may not be ideal. On balance it's probably better to find Thanos and remove them but I'm open to changing that view depending on how the game goes.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Dude, do the math. You know they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Thanos and you can see that statement is NOT TRUE! See, normally if you go one-on-one with another superdude you got a fifty/fifty chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak, and I'm not normal! So you got a 25 percent at best at beat me! And then you add Loki to the mix? You-the chances of winning drasticy go down. See, the vote tonight, you got a 33 and a third chance of winning. But I! I got a 66 and two thirds chance of winning, cuz Loki KNOOOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try. So, Thanos, you take your thirty three and a third chance minus my twenty five percent chanpmce (if we was to go one on one) and you got an eight and a third chance of killed toinight. But then you take my 75 perchance-chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 and two thirds…percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of not being lynched ever! Señor Thanos? The numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at tonight!
    Hahaha ok you're off the chopping block for now :D

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

I’m going for a lie down.

Necro wrote: »
    It does say that the players are selected at random so it MIGHT kill wolves but it also MIGHT just kill villagers....

It's very very risky to rely on that sort of random mechanic, I do get what you mean as a "hail Mary" play though.

Wolves will be desperate to stop it anyways that's for certain, particularly if they're doing well up to that point

Oh it certainly will kill villagers given the numbers that would be left at the time. It would be more pressing for us to stop it if we'd bagged a few wolves prior to it is all I'm saying. Wolves may not want to take that chance and could leading the search party.

Barney92 wrote:
    Not saying it would mean that wolves are killed, but are you going to say that there could be no benefits of a Thanos snap? Lets paint a scenario whereby 6 villagers and 0 wolves die before the snap (unlikely but possible). It might not be the worst thing to have a random killing of people. I'm not advocating for it, but think we have to take into consideration that a snap might have it's benefits. So searching for Thanos and outing them now may not be ideal. On balance it's probably better to find Thanos and remove them but I'm open to changing that view depending on how the game goes.

Who are you looking at today Barndog for the lynch?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Hmm, again at risk of meta gaming, I don't believe that would have happened.
    Or at least, such a scenario never even occured to me, and I'm piqued by the fact it has for you.

I don't believe that such a form would have been devised that wouldn't have restored backrooms to everyone (which Beaker told us about when it happened). Said form of communication would likely have needed to be in the form of a re-readable section for after we're done. At which point, why would the wolves have been given access to discuss things like that and not the village.

Maybe. I just disagree with that, but find it curious that you're dismissing the idea.

Where did I dismiss the idea? I've bolded the times in my post where I said that my idea was possible and that wait for it - your idea wasn't guaranteed. I didn't rubbish your idea or dismiss it. I suggested a possibility counter to the definite scenario you had put in your post.

And as to the village having somewhere to chat when the backrooms were down - what do you think this thread is for?
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Not guaranteed there Nigel. They may have been un-coordinated, or our Mod may have established another mode of communication for them in which case they could work away to their heart's content and even somewhat tongue-in-cheek put forward the idea of disorganised wolves ^^^.

I'm must say I'm tempted by Nigel at the minute

tumblr_nrzjths9Fu1ubb851o1_500.gifv

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Had a quick read back and here's my thoughts on the main events:

- Necro getting shot & protected, seems odds that two players would target him but I presume that's because he's a very experienced player; I wouldn't read much into it as regards wolf/village

- Molly/Doris votes, I might need to read the overall exchange again but I think Necro's take on it sounded plausible

- agree with not focusing too much on Thanos and his tasks - we got sidetracked in the last game I played and didn't do as much wolf-hunting as we should have

You're a wolf

giphy.gif

Necro is stonewall villager for me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hawkeye - The Roulette Archer. Hawkeye has 10 arrows. Each arrow has a different power. Hawkeye will know the powers available but will not know which arrow holds each power. Hawkeye must select one arrow per day to use on a player. Results may vary.

I would imagine that dud arrow was one of the 10 posisble arrows so I don't think Hawkeye would have been too confused if nothing happened.

Just on this, I think the last line of the OP is critical here, I states results may vary, so it may have been an arrow with power but it only has a % chance of hitting the target (being a dud)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    You're a wolf

gotta love the consistancy though

I'm must say I'm tempted by Nigel at the minute

anigif_sub-buzz-4755-1533067717-1.gif

giphy.gif

gotta love the consistancy though

Sorry, what?, Not getting what you mean here. Am I not understanding you. Probably because of my lack of sleep.

Clodagh WW wrote:
    - Necro getting shot & protected, seems odds that two players would target him but I presume that's because he's a very experienced player; I wouldn't read much into it as regards wolf/village

That's nothing Clodagh babes. On one night in Die Hard I was visited by four people :pac:

Clodagh WW wrote:
    You're a wolf

Clodagh WW wrote:

Hmmm.

Loki at work here I reckon

• Advertisement

You're a wolf

What a rollarcoaster.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

You're a wolf
    giphy.gif

264162db570a4614c8fd7dc15c757b8e_w200.gif

Nigel WW wrote:
    What a rollarcoaster.

Ignore it.

Loki has a mind control power I reckon

So ridiculously obvious :rolleyes:

What a rollarcoaster.

man, nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast, I would catch it

8203806108bea3e1151d3f5f10914cd1.gif

tumblr_n179vm1Z1s1t1054no2_250.0.gif

Ignore it.

When you're ugly and someone loves you, you know they love you for who you are. Beautiful people never know who to trust.

Ignore it.

That sounds more like a scarlet witch power. Lokis powers seem more about him being able to hide as opposed to possess somebody.

Jake WW wrote: »
    That sounds more like a scarlet witch power. Lokis powers seem more about him being able to hide as opposed to possess somebody.

Agatha Harkness - Agatha's powers are for the bad guys to know and you to find out.

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »
    Agatha Harkness - Agatha's powers are for the bad guys to know and you to find out.

Doesn't Agatha pretend to be someone else on the show?

Advertisement