Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Necro wrote: »
    I mean, if you're not evil you can easily roleclaim here Flushy (not yet mind)

Have you anything that might help the village?

I didn't think we were able to mention who we are? But since I am NRV it doesn't matter I guess.

As for to help the village. Other than spending today hunting for tasks and not finding much then I guess thats a no.

I will keep an eye on things and can say who I am nearer the time. If that is ok with Beaker obviously.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Vincent Von Doom can absorb mystical energies. Could this explain the word 'ROBBED'

Did flush need to type this to steal a power?

Or I'm over thinking it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vincent Von Doom is a more prominent character, and also uses the alias Malefactor...

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Vincent_von_Doom_(Earth-9811)

So more likely Flush is a wolf than Thanos. Which would make sense given her post here...
    Do you not often hit another capital when writing?

anyway, Thanos must be laughing at you all as it aint me. And you lot are not just barking, but barking up the wrong tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

nothing wrote: »
    So... The 5th wolf maybe? If its not a huge coincidence/conspiracy?

I doubt it's a character being used as a player in the game, but a task to shoehorn character names of a couple of villains through anagrams hidden in the middle of sentences, isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I didn't think we were able to mention who we are? But since I am NRV it doesn't matter I guess.

As for to help the village. Other than spending today hunting for tasks and not finding much then I guess thats a no.

I will keep an eye on things and can say who I am nearer the time. If that is ok with Beaker obviously.

There is no NRV though?

Necro wrote: »
    Cos they're at the start of sentences, the Clodagh one is weird though. I don't mind the AFTER so much as it's for emphasis but the L is standing out a bit to me anyways

Just noticed the O in SO. Again that was just me holding the shift too long. Really annoying thing is it happened again and now I have to make sure my posts are fine before rishing and hitting submit reply!

I really can't believe this doesn't happen to any of you guys! I often get typing dyslexia and hitting of the capitalised second letter. I guess it is my age :P

Huh?

As per the OP
    Other Avengers are present and every player has a role. Thus, everyone has a backroom.

Forget the rest of the stuff over your posts, this is the wolfiest post of yours

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

This is all going to get much worse over the next few days, isn't it? My brain hurts!

Trigger wrote: »
    There is no NRV though?

I basically am Trigger. If YOU are a non rolled character and you are NOT a wolf or Thanos. you are a NRV. SO lets not be pedantic

• Advertisement

Ah FFS since I am apparently not being believed. I am war machine.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Ok so I've finally caught up (not yet read back this morning properly though) and see I made it into a FFA#
    Woohoo! (though I probably shouldn't cheer that one :pac:)

Thoughts - a FFA is hard.

Not:
    Eva/Doris/Clodagh - I see what might be being suggested here and given I'm stupid, that probably means it is obvious (unless I am wrong in my suspicions) so I'm steering clear of a vote on these three for now. If something proves otherwise I feel watching Clodagh for tasks is a good idea, but agree that the initial no posting with sub after 10.30, and Thanos' choice then, makes me unlikely to think it is an SK task whether otherwise.

Other reads:
    Necro - follows on by agreeing to what is pointed out (like I suppose I am doing because I wouldn't have seen it unless they pointed it out) which means he could be pocketing a win. I think the targeting doesn't rule him in or out for wolf/village, how do we know what roled players know. I understand he was a high poster, defended another player possibly unnecessarily and maybe this was enough to draw both players interest. I've nothing here to lynch as I am equally sus of whatever position he may have

Molly - the whole vote early thing just seems off. So let's say I expected to be hit by a metaphorical bus at 4pm, turns out my bus was a feather tickle, was voting before that my priority? If it was a turn of phrase re expected availability issues due to RL, why not just say that, but has been off an on thread throughout the day so not so. Maybe it was just a joke - I'm terribly fluff in my posts and love a dodgy one liner but hmmmmm....

Abi - I think wolf hunting straight out of the gate that hard is unlikely for a wolf. Great play if it was but I lean village here. I might have gotten a shock when my Day 0 joking post got serious challenged (p.s. cee_jay and Ecto were both being very helpful a few mins ago ;))

I need to read back on others some stand out as 'involved', but I have no feeling either way from my memory of the first read.
    Lots of low posters or those with fluff.

So far Molly is top of my list (sorry Molly, if you are village and go home because of an early vote and random commentary that would be a bit sh*t)

Yeah Flushy its beginning to stack up

The letters

Claiming NRV in a non nrv game

But yeah, I dont want people to forgot the Clodagh and Doris shenanigans early.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Catching up and at 15:40, so decided to post now before cating up entirely as its 18:45 now and i can't see me catching up proper in time for lynch. So here is my catch up thoughts to this point.
    Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Speaking of analysis, firing up the laptop now.

We have 6 Evil, 5 Good with possibility of that becoming 6 if Cap finds Bucky. Everyone else is NRVish.

Interested by the whole 'some players can affect others' bit in OP.

Have a whole load of paperwork to do but Avengers Assembling is way more interesting.

This post pings me wrong. with 26 players, there are 21 good players, not the 5 in the OP. putting ecto into > rand evil chance.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    As Capt Steve protected Necro, does that clear him as good and defo not Thanos :p
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    LeVar no matter how many games I play I will never be "experienced"

Here is another > rand evil.
    Seems to want to force her meta onto us as a read.
    Doris WW wrote: »
    Yeah I voted necro because that’s who Molly voted. I’ve got the vote on myself for now as I don’t think you can type ##unvote

Why don't you put ##unvote intp the voting thread, that way we can see your true intention instead of just saying it here as you don't think you can.
    I'm seeing a dishonesty to this post.
    ari101 wrote: »
    @Liz - no I don't think Necro is or isn't a wolf anymore than anyone else yet, I was just trying to dissect the possible meanings of the actions. Interestingly someone else pointed out Cap might be told who is targeted (sorry can't remember who) but I see that as unlikely, I expect BJ to leave us in the dark to f**k with our heads as much as possible ;)

@Necro - I love your optimism that you'll make it to Day2 to be munched, given the way the votes seem to be going :pac:

Re CFD - I was actually reading the glossary the other day and was wondering why it is called Chinese...?

@whomever suggested we look at the person below us posting - happy to keep an extra eye on Barney (hi LeVar if you are stalking me :D)

I agree re not Thanos hunting unless tasking things arise to discuss - could voting for yourself and having to switch and explain be a task a la Doris?

odds on cee_jay is not evil (wolf or SK) for meta reasons :D But each individual role of the dice brings a whole range of possibilities so just like winning the lotto...

I'm going to try do a proper reread now that I'm on desktop and see if I have any wolfie feelings (not me personally much as a like a fur baby I prefer mine of the feline variety) :)

P.S. Vernon - who doesn't love a glass of wine??? ;)

That cee_jay line is tweaking me all the wrong way.

odds on cee_jau is not evil for meta reasons? WTF??
    How is this even posssible?
    If ari is good, then the odds of ceejay randing bad is 6 times higher than the odds of ari getting whatever character they got.
    Thats if ari is good.

then the line about fur babies.

i'll add ari as > rand too.

Okay, will keep to tabs open now and be live as well as catching up in other tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, not buying that, has been stated by beaker there is no NRV's in the game, everyone is roled in some way.

Whatever about anything else, this is a big ole red flag...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Vernon WW wrote: »
    This can go either way because Captain is good. So she wouldn't have protected Necro either. She is ambivalent.

Reasonable enough.

I agree that Doris might have been just bull****ting.

I don't agree with Molly voting for Necro without any analysis and that's the one suss thing about her. But votes can be changed and she said it was a holding vote.

kitten_k was very concerned whether Molly could change her vote or not and wanted her to type it in properly too. Why? kitten_k has barely been seen since. If Molly is a wolf, then maybe kitten_k is a teammate.

Patrick and Lucy (and maybe Trigger) jumping on Necro's Molly bandwagon feels like backroom tactics(do the backrooms work again? I haven't checked) or opportunistic wolves (if Necro is good).

Then again, the more likely scenario for me at this point is Necro was a protected wolf last night, rather than a targeted villager.

I wasn’t worried about Molly being able to change their vote. I was worried about people throwing in useless votes so early with the possibility of them not being able to change and actually vote for who they think is wolfy

Who was war machine again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

cee_jay wrote: »
    Sorry beaker I posted the below in the wrong thread.
    I have voted for Mrs Flushdraw.
    My other FFA would have been Ari and probably guffy or G&R.
    The last 2 for the low posting. Ari because I have trust issues after the BB House.

This is a fair point, I did little to endear myself to my Super Friends or that go around :(
    I am village, and hope to be here tomorrow to prove myself more trustworthy as a villager than an A Team spy

War Machine should be on team good. If we believe her. But I'm not sure a counter claim would be beneficial, might out a useful hero we need and get munched by wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Jake WW wrote: »
    I am trying to understand what happened here. This morning you were targeted for an arrow by Hawkeye and you were protected by somebody. Two different actions in play. There was a GIF of CAP which may or may not mean he provided the cover, was flavour or perhaps some cover for an ultron protection (I presume these are the only three possibilities?).

So I’m wondering if we will be notified of all CAP choices daily regardless of whether it helps somebody or not? The arrow was supposedly a dud so why would it be announced on thread if you were not in danger?

But doesn’t that limit the list of players CAP can defend if he can only protect a player once and it’s announced on thread? Wolves now know you can’t be protected.

So ultron can actually protect a team mate. If you were on the wolf team you are prob the most obvious team mate to defend for obvious reasons. Or maybe you are too obvious ? Ah I don’t know.

Hmmm. Honestly , it’s a head scratcher. I’m not sold on this either way, I just find the events extremely odd. What is your take on it?

I would assume the protect was only mentioned on thread because Necro was targeted while protected. I doubt if he protected the player who was not targeted that it would be announced.

I've to go offline for a couple hours. I'm casting my vote for Clodaghs after that bizarre start.

Ah FFS since I am apparently not being believed. I am war machine.

Good luck!

Right, well that will help us as if someone else appears as War Machine later (if you're village) then we know they're full of crap

Orla WW wrote: »
    War Machine should be on team good. If we believe her. But I'm not sure a counter claim would be beneficial, might out a useful hero we need and get munched by wolves.

Do you really think that I could pick a Marvel character and just hope that I picked rioght? lets not be ridiculous.

I am still a hero, not sure how uselful yet and looks like I wont find out. But hey ho, dems the breaks!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Do you really think that I could pick a Marvel character and just hope that I picked rioght? lets not be ridiculous.

I am still a hero, not sure how uselful yet and looks like I wont find out. But hey ho, dems the breaks!

If you really haven't any powers you could be Bucky in disguise...

Eva WW wrote: »
    If you really haven't any powers you could be Bucky in disguise...

I just don't know what it is yet. Maybe I need to read up more on him, but I thought he was Tony Starks best mate/Military man who knicked a suit.

And why on earth, IF you thought I could be Bucky, would you point it out?

And I am not Bucky, I am Rhodeu AKA War Machine

oh, hi bucky.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

I just don't know what it is yet. Maybe I need to read up more on him, but I thought he was Tony Starks best mate/Military man who knicked a suit.

And why on earth, IF you thought I could be Bucky, would you point it out?

And I am not Bucky, I am Rhodeu AKA War Machine

Bucky doesn't know he's Bucky. I'm only guessing here

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

In games where everyone has a character, the wolves are usually provided with characters that aren’t in use for just this reason.

One thing I’d say is I don’t want a railroading tonight and everyone voting one person. Be a disaster for wagonomics.

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    Bucky doesn't know he's Bucky. I'm only guessing here

It makes sense to me.

Advertisement