Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Kathleen genie again, too busy posting in the wolf backroom I imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Who was lycanthrope in Infinity Wars / End Game?

They say it's as big as four cats and it has a retractable leg so it can leap up at you better. It lights up at night and it's got four ears, two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears. Its claws are as big as cups and for some reason, it's got a tremendous fear of stamps. It's got magnets on its tail, so as if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to ya, and instead of a mouth, its got four arses. It doesn't have any eyebrows, except on Saturdays, and when it yawns it sounds like Liam Neeson chasing hens around inside a barrel.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

In fact you've now dropped molly and added another.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Patrick WW wrote: »
    Molly, Doris, Orla and MrsFlushdraw are raising some flags at the moment for me but I could be making a molehill out of nothing.

You didn't make the list yet :p

This is Patrick's FFA.
    Do wolves put other wolves on their FFA? I guess at least one, because it can be used later in the game for village cred.
    He voted for Doris in the end according to his posts. Why didn't he self pres onto someone else? Molly was the only one who would work? What would Agatha's power be? Is Molly more powerful?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,743 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Your one of the highest posters with the lowest level of research. Asking for breadcrumbs is fine, searching for them or looking for posts disprove a claim is what you should be doing. I searched his posts cause I didn't trust him at all

I am now going back so keep your dummy in ;)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Guffy wrote: »
    In fact you've now dropped molly and added another.

Obvious why you are a suspect after your antics last night. And there is still no read on you. No further explanation needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lucy WW wrote: »
    Your drama here is hilarious! If you were on the other side of it you'd be voting Mollyb
    Yeah but unfortunately for me I'm not. i'm here fighting my corner with a ****ing soggy breadstick.

Orla WW wrote: »
    It's possible you were or are lynch/munch proof.
    but someone would've had to protect me then. i can't be invincible.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

cee_jay wrote: »
    This is Patrick's FFA.
    Do wolves put other wolves on their FFA? I guess at least one, because it can be used later in the game for village cred.
    He voted for Doris in the end according to his posts. Why didn't he self pres onto someone else? Molly was the only one who would work? What would Agatha's power be? Is Molly more powerful?

She's a witch isn't she?

So I'm thinking

- silencing?
    - take over?
    - poisoning?
    - vote steal?
    - put a player to sleep?

Just my two cents. Roles I've seen previously that would fit a witch. You can add more if you think they'd fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Yeah but unfortunately for me I'm not. i'm here fighting my corner with a ****ing soggy breadstick.

I can think of one way you could be close to invincible.

They say it's as big as four cats and it has a retractable leg so it can leap up at you better. It lights up at night and it's got four ears, two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears. Its claws are as big as cups and for some reason, it's got a tremendous fear of stamps. It's got magnets on its tail, so as if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to ya, and instead of a mouth, its got four arses. It doesn't have any eyebrows, except on Saturdays, and when it yawns it sounds like Liam Neeson chasing hens around inside a barrel

Wow I think I want one, sounds a fabulous pet

• Advertisement

between fire fighting here and nonsense meetings about nothing in work i've done **** all today. i don't even have a FFA. i don't even know where to start looking for suspects right now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I'm keeping my vote on Molly, unless she can come up with a better alternative (which I feel she's not tried at all over the course of two days now), or at the very least provides some breadcrumbs to her roll.

I'm not voting for her because of a "late roll reveal", which I think is a poor representation of why she's up for the chop.

I'm voting for her because she nearly got hung yesterday, survived attacks this morning (including one which seems to have killed an attacker), and then basically had to be forced to come up with a roll reveal. After a lot of prodding, she comes up with one that is very handy in terms of not being able to prove in any shape or form, while also throwing in an excuse that she thought she wouldn't be allowed role reveal (for some reason). And then by and large has been getting frustrated with people voting for her, but doing very little to make suggestions elsewhere.

I want to see if she flips good or bad. If she flips good, fair enough. It will be interesting to see who railroaded her, and also very interesting to see who tried broaching other options today, to try and save her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Eva WW wrote: »
    Obvious why you are a suspect after your antics last night. And there is still no read on you. No further explanation needed.

My antics? I got a pm from bj telling me there was a 5 post min which reminded of game. There are 4 people on the list.

Trigger wrote: »
    Well at least the confusing CJ & Molly because of their avatars will be over after lynch..

I've changed mine to Velma Dinkley.

Well here's a fresh baguette for you, if you wouldn't mind following up on a few things re: your character.

Remind me again, you said that Valkaryie's power was to protect Thor if you stumbled upon him by chance each night, and if Thor is killed you take over his power regardless of whether you found him or not? Is that correct?

If so, who did you take a chance on protecting last night, and why did you pick that person?

Do you know at all what Thor's power "supposedly" is? Must've been a fairly big one if he potentially warranted protection from Valkyrie.

There was also a mention to the Guardians, but I'm on mobile and such a pain to play and check back on mobile
    Where is Doris?

I'm the same but apparently do not ask

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Eva WW wrote: »
    Kathleen genie again, too busy posting in the wolf backroom I imagine

I'd like to point out if I am accused of genie(ing) it's not AGAIN. was not accused of it before. Ok Have not been on but explained I was cut off by phone provider. I won't use a work device to access social media of any kind. Am only sorted a couple of hours. Believe that or not.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I'm keeping my vote on Molly, unless she can come up with a better alternative (which I feel she's not tried at all over the course of two days now), or at the very least provides some breadcrumbs to her roll.

I'm not voting for her because of a "late roll reveal", which I think is a poor representation of why she's up for the chop.

I'm voting for her because she nearly got hung yesterday, survived attacks this morning (including one which seems to have killed an attacker), and then basically had to be forced to come up with a roll reveal. After a lot of prodding, she comes up with one that is very handy in terms of not being able to prove in any shape or form, while also throwing in an excuse that she thought she wouldn't be allowed role reveal (for some reason). And then by and large has been getting frustrated with people voting for her, but doing very little to make suggestions elsewhere.

I want to see if she flips good or bad. If she flips good, fair enough. It will be interesting to see who railroaded her, and also very interesting to see who tried broaching other options today, to try and save her.

Excuse me now but please refer to rule 4 below before you start accusing me of making up excuses about not being about to post about my role.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Game Rules:

1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again. DEAD PLAYERS DO NOT THANK LIVING PLAYERS POSTS

2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread. If you have any concerns about the game mechanics or the integrity of other players contact the mods who will make a decision. Do not discuss any of this in game or elsewhere. Always remember the mods may have secrets.

3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in (where it is possible for you to do so) as a minimum. There is a 5 post per day minimum limit. 2 missed votes will result in a substitution where possible or a modkill. Substitutions will be announced on thread by the game mods.

4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring or alluding to the content of them or any backroom you may or may not have, without prior permission. Note that there are new players playing, they may have been provided with backrooms to ask questions of the game mods irrespective of game role.

And please explain how I leave breadcrumbs for a role AFTER i claim the role?

Another thing...

Unless something drastic happens, Molly will be a landslide tonight.

So FFAs are VITAL. Voting for Molly but not giving an FFA will be, in my opinion, a wolf move, designed to try and not have to commit to anything tomorrow or as the game progresses. An FFA lets people discuss your thoughts and opinions. Dancing around doing one is a red flag.

That's an interesting narrative. I brought up other options not to 'save' Molly but for information purposes.

I'm probably going to stick my vote there now because I actually agree with your reasoning and also Molly talking about being invincible is what tipped me over the edge.

• Advertisement

Well here's a fresh baguette for you, if you wouldn't mind following up on a few things re: your character.

Remind me again, you said that Valkaryie's power was to protect Thor if you stumbled upon him by chance each night, and if Thor is killed you take over his power regardless of whether you found him or not? Is that correct?

If so, who did you take a chance on protecting last night, and why did you pick that person?

Do you know at all what Thor's power "supposedly" is? Must've been a fairly big one if he potentially warranted protection from Valkyrie.

no, i didn't say that. i don't know what thor's powers are and i don't know if i'll get them after he dies. i just assumed. all i know is i have a one time protect oN thor, if i guess right and the stars align, then he's protected.

i chose mrsF last night, i thought she might've been bluffing her war machine claim to try hide her real role as Thor.

Can anyone tell me if they were in my position what they would do?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Oh Eva. This has me concerned. Was quick to defend the obvious tasking by Doris and Clodagh yesterday and I assumed it was because of roles...now I'm worried that it works as cover for Thanos.

thanos has no team mates to cover for him.

where's antman :pac:

I've changed mine to Velma Dinkley.

Aww, Velma's bad ass, the real hero of the Scooby Gang, but I'll miss the Daphne avatar, her general demeanor and obliviousness (which also extends to Fred) amuses me greatly when watching Scooby Doo...

giphy.gif

Excuse me now but please refer to rule 4 below before you start accusing me of making up excuses about not being about to post about my role.

And please explain how I leave breadcrumbs for a role AFTER i claim the role?

Revealing your role is not the same as posting PMs or Backroom content.

If you were a new player, I'd buy this idea you thought that way. But I feel you know role reveals, especially in role madness, are part and parcel of things.

And breadcrumbs are laid before you claim the role, Molly. Something that when you are forced to reveal, you can point to and go "This was me setting up this story before being forced to". You claim Valkyrie, which is fine, but can you point to any references to this before landing on the role reveal?

Another thing...

Unless something drastic happens, Molly will be a landslide tonight.

So FFAs are VITAL. Voting for Molly but not giving an FFA will be, in my opinion, a wolf move, designed to try and not have to commit to anything tomorrow or as the game progresses. An FFA lets people discuss your thoughts and opinions. Dancing around doing one is a red flag.

Molly should still post an FFA.

I dont like landslides, in games or generally in life. Too easy to hide in.

Molly, you've definitely had a rough day here. Post your FFA, yours is just as valid as anyone elses

thanos has no team mates to cover for him.

where's antman :pac:

I wasn't suggesting that Thanos has teammates. I was pointing out that open tasking by others *could* work to add cover - not deliberately but as a consequence.

I've a webinar starting in a minute. Vote is in on Molly but I'll try to keep an eye on the thread in case of any major changes.

I'm adding Kathleen to my FFA

If you were a new player, I'd buy this idea you thought that way. But I feel you know role reveals, especially in role madness, are part and parcel of things.

And breadcrumbs are laid before you claim the role, Molly. Something that when you are forced to reveal, you can point to and go "This was me setting up this story before being forced to". You claim Valkyrie, which is fine, but can you point to any references to this before landing on the role reveal?

Ah stop woud you. i'm not jumping out with a claim willy nilly for no good reason. i wasn't here last night to defend myself but i'm here now and still no one will listen to me. it's just going round in circles.

I've alreayd told you all that i didn't leave breadcrumbs. maybe i'm just not smart enough for these games. what sort of crumb would you have left? people were being pounced on left right and centre for misspellings and capital letters yesterday. i was picked on for a ****ing vote.

i'm not adrdressing this anymore now. I DONT KNOW HOW I WAS PROTECTED LAST NIGHT/THIS MORNING. i had nothing to do with it. and it's pretty ****ty that whoever protected me is letting me face the firing squad tonight over their actions.

• Advertisement

To be fair, MrsF also checked with BJ before revealing her role.

Advertisement