Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Nigel WW wrote: »
    How do you two feel about Yos?
    Haven't got a great read on him tbh, the only thing that stuck out out to me was remembering he said this..
    tipping away :pac:
    sad there isnt football on every night but mad busy in work.

plus i'm always clueless in these games until day 3, so lets see if that happens

And he hasn't really contributed much on day three and also said he won't be here tonight.. its like he's just along for the ride and skating through the game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Lucy WW wrote: »
    The fact someone shot Kitten and KG died is a MASSIVE red flag

Now that you mention it didn't one of the guns disintegrate that was fired at Thanos? Another wolf power could be to redirect bullets elsewhere

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

twas clearly a redirect arrow, hence the wonky cross hairs

How are you so sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,072 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Orla WW wrote: »
    How are you so sure?

i'm not 100% sure. but the flavor saying wonky crosshairs.

is the person who died 1 up or down alphabetically?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

If it is an arrow does that mean Eva's claim is false because Hawk Eye doesn't seem to be around anymore and she is?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

Yeah but that's not necessarily a fault of the arrow and could be the fault of the recipient. And Auto redirect, up or down one. Been done before

Interesting POV though Yoss, noted! Kitten will be proud of you

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

FFA #3

Gonna give my thoughts on everyone, for my own sake, but these first 5 (yeah I know there's only 4 wolves left, but hey ho) would be the primary suspects for me

Wolfiest

Vernon WW ; MIA all day today, and if you have a look back at some of this lads posts, he doesn't know his arse from his elbow. One minute he's saying he I didn't realise Patrick was bad, after I claimed my role, and the next he's talking about how Patrick is definitely good again. I did consider Village Derp, but instinct is saying Wolf.

y0ssar1an22 ; speaking of people who have no idea what's going on in the game... yoss is sketchy as hell, although I imagine yoss is sketchy as hell regardless of alignment. Has been MIA a lot during the game, there's not a lot of clarity in the posts that are there, and was very active around the time of the infiltration of Lucy's backroom today only to disappear again shortly afterwards. In many ways Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf, but wise enough for us to want to think that.

ari101 ; like Vernon ari is a bit all over the gaff, it may be her first game of Werewolf, but she's watched quite a few before from the Dead Room, and has proven to be a very shrewd player in other games. Going from observing to playing is obviously a different kettle of fish, but something just feels off to me.

Guffy ; while I was one of the people who changed my vote on Monday because Guffy appeared and wanted to throw a vote on themselves, they've done nothing since of note, and it worries me that it may have been a masterful wolf ploy taking a gamble that people would switch votes, thus allowing Guffy to coast through the remainder of the game. Also doesn't really appear to be reading the thread.

kitten_k ; lowest poster, lack of substance, first vote on Patrick before there was a wagon there, so an easy place for a wolf to hide if they believed their team-mate was safe. The fact that she continues to remain relatively silent despite all of the suspicion surrounding here gives me pause though, because it's been questioned since Day 1, so if I were a wolf and there were questions regarding my lack of posts, I'd make sure to slowly build them off over the following couple of days at a pace enough to not draw suspicion, and kitten hasn't done that, so either a bold wolf move or a very lazy villager.

On The Fence ; Could Go Either Way On Any Of These

nothing ; brand new to the game, posts do read as someone getting grips with the game, but that doesn't mean there isn't some Wolves in a backroom telling them to keep up the Bambi act

Orla WW ; I'll be honest, I went to type out all 17 players (leaving myself out, we have 18 left) for this FFA from memory, and Orla was the person I forgot about entirely and had to go pull up a list. Now Orla has been active, I've even been interacting with her posts today, but yet couldn't remember her existence. Now sometimes with the WW accounts some of them blend together, so fair chance it's simply that, but it was interesting that I could rattle everyone else off no bother.

Trigger ; I can easily accept that Trigger is busy with work so not as active as usual, and he gave a calm measured response when I brought it up earlier this afternoon, which is what I'd expect from Trigger. cee_jay then mentions it again, and Trigger gives a much more frustrated and reactionary reply, which is by no means a hanging offense, it's super annoying when you have to keep repeating yourself, it just stood out a bit, and is not helping get a read one way or the other. He's an astute player and a sound lad, but I just can't tell with him in this game, and can usually get a better read on him.

Ectoplasm & cee_jay ; I'm going to group these two because I have the same reasoning for the two. Both are very experienced and clever players, in all the games I've played thus far I have a great respect for their style of play, they have a way of winning you over to their side regardless of their alignment and I always find it very hard to get a read on them. They seem to have a way of simultaneously laying low and being very active. It's a compliment to their gameplay, but makes them very dangerous and I can't tell one way or the other any more. If I had to decide I'd lean village on both, but I don't trust my own judgement when it comes to this pair.

The TaskGuardian Three and the Laws of Probability

Doris WW, Eva WW, Clodagh WW ;Will address these three together, as none of them seem suspicious of each other. I highly doubt all three are wolves, but all three being village does seem a tad convenient and a bit too good to be true. Would love to see if all three of them can bring a bit of definitive clarity. I would hazzard a guess that at least two of them are village, and part of me can see all three being village, but I really don't know.

Probably Village, But There Are Niggles of Doubt Forming More & More

Jake WW ; claims to inherit powers that are connected to some of the dead, which seems to check out based on what I've seen, and has left enough breadcrumbs last night that the village should be able to see this to a certain extent, but have only seen it in action the one time with the Mystery Vote on me last night. No one else counter-claimed, but always the danger its a wolf power used to garner trust. I would feel more comfortable if Jake could give us more details about how the power works or hard claim a role...

Villagiest

Lucy WW ; claims Cap, no counter-claim, and Cap is still alive and well so no reason not to believe the lot

MrsFlushdraw ; claims War Machine and was activated as village vig yesterday, which pans out for me

Nigel WW ; left breadcrumbs specifically for me alluding to something which seems legit

ari101 wrote: »
    If it is an arrow does that mean Eva's claim is false because Hawk Eye doesn't seem to be around anymore and she is?

what was eva's claim again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

My day 3 FFA

Eva - found it weird to disagree with not tasking when we were trying to find thanos, I don't believe she is thanos of course, but could have been a wolf who can't do their power without tasking? Surely a villager would have been ok with not tasking

... Hmm, levar, doris, clodagh, jake, lucy lean heavy village for me

Nigel, trigger, ecto, ari, yos, cee jay I've no idea, need a read back again

Kitten I found suspicious for the Patrick voting, until we found out he was a wolf. I don't know if it was a wolf trying to cover their back for later game, a lucky guess, or used a power and peeked!

Guffy has been really quiet, nearly lynched themselves on night 1, I dunno!

More reading needed

"Someone fired a laser gun............ but unknownest to them, the crosshairs was damaged.........."

What's all this nonsense about arrows?

I was given no reason to believe that the laser guns don't have 100% accuracy so Kitten_K must have a bullet redirect power.

• Advertisement

Eva WW wrote: »
    "Someone fired a laser gun............ but unknownest to them, the crosshairs was damaged.........."

I was given no reason to believe that the laser guns don't have 100% accuracy so Kitten_K must have a bullet redirect power.

why is kitten having redirect powers more plausible than the wonky gun?

the flavor says damaged crosshairs, implying you are not aiming at the person you think you are.

what was eva's claim again :o

Quoted below:
    I shot the laser at Kitten_K and it hit Kathleen :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Trigger ; I can easily accept that Trigger is busy with work so not as active as usual, and he gave a calm measured response when I brought it up earlier this afternoon, which is what I'd expect from Trigger. cee_jay then mentions it again, and Trigger gives a much more frustrated and reactionary reply, which is by no means a hanging offense, it's super annoying when you have to keep repeating yourself, it just stood out a bit, and is not helping get a read one way or the other. He's an astute player and a sound lad, but I just can't tell with him in this game, and can usually get a better read on him.

I have voted for Trigger. I understand it's stressful with work, but I thought the reply was a bit OTT, and different to what I have seen from him previously. I felt the timing of the outburst a bit interesting also. I haven't been calling just him out for lack of posting. I am also looking for something from Vernon and kitten today. I had been wondering where nothing was too.

Thanks for the compliment by the way. I can assure you I am village this time.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Pondering here, but Eva taking responsibility for that wonky shot makes me inclined to put her as a villager lean.

I feel a wolf would just keep their head down after hitting a villager.

Ah apologies, I was trusting in the interpretation of yoss, without checking it:
    twas clearly a redirect arrow, hence the wonky cross hairs

You quote it as laser gun and I've pulled it up to confirm this time, the arrow was separate.

This makes sense.

nothing wrote: »
    My day 3 FFA

Eva - found it weird to disagree with not tasking when we were trying to find thanos, I don't believe she is thanos of course, but could have been a wolf who can't do their power without tasking? Surely a villager would have been ok with not tasking

... Hmm, levar, doris, clodagh, jake, lucy lean heavy village for me
    Wrong, Tasks are fun and you seen what the reward was

e95sJkv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

cee_jay wrote: »
    I have voted for Trigger. I understand it's stressful with work, but I thought the reply was a bit OTT, and different to what I have seen from him previously. I felt the timing of the outburst a bit interesting also. I haven't been calling just him out for lack of posting. I am also looking for something from Vernon and kitten today. I had been wondering where nothing was too.

giphy.gif

Ah apologies, I was trusting in the interpretation of yoss, without checking it:

You quote it as laser gun and I've pulled it up to confirm this time, the arrow was separate.

for clarity i was talking about the weapon with the wonky cross hairs. dont get hung up if i mistakenly said arrow instead of gun.

the point is the flavor alludes to the weapons crosshairs being wonky. plus the person who died begins with K as well. it all makes sense that the arrow redirected up or down alphabetically.

this is not to say kitten is not a wolf. i have no clue. but this reason for voting her is incorrect IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Wrong, Tasks are fun and you seen what the reward was

Lol, assuming you're telling the truth! This game is both head wrecking and awesome! My wee phone notepad notes are definitely not enough to keep track, next time I'll have an excel sheet!

• Advertisement

to help you out lads:

##Vote y0ssar1an22

if it needs to be formatted correctly

I've put a vote in on Yos, I'm getting stick for being indecisive and voting late so I am going there.
    As LeVar has pointed out he is not on top of the game. I just wasted 20 minutes following him down a hill because Eva's task behaviour and 'jokes' have my tinfoil hat turned into a nice big satellite the reception on which is clearly being interfered with :p

to help you out lads:

##Vote y0ssar1an22

if it needs to be formatted correctly

Game Mod has spelled it as 'Yos' in the OP of the voting thread - if the Game Mod can clarify which?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,541 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

cee_jay wrote: »

I've no problem with you voting for me over that, sure I really don't like inactive posters myself so when others are accusing me of the same, and I know I haven't been as active, I cannot exactly give out.

I do apologise though for the aggressiveness in my reply. And yes, with the stuff that has come our way with the fallout of the HSE hack, it has been a very stressful time implementing fixes etc. But look that's no excuse for the tone, sorry!

I've put a vote in on Yos, I'm getting stick for being indecisive and voting late so I am going there.
    As LeVar has pointed out he is not on top of the game. I just wasted 20 minutes following him down a hill because Eva's task behaviour and 'jokes' have my tinfoil hat turned into a nice big satellite the reception on which is clearly being interfered with :p

what was this hill i lead you down?

Game Mod has spelled it as 'Yos' in the OP of the voting thread - if the Game Mod can clarify which?

Maybe why he chose his username. Too difficult to type out. Wolf ploy :D

Orla WW wrote: »
    Maybe why he chose his username. Too difficult to type out. Wolf ploy :D

classic wolf play there, you have me!

good spread of votes anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

beakerjoe wrote: »

Someone fired a laser gun............ but unknownest to them, the crosshairs was damaged..........

tenor.gif

they shot .........KathleenGrant..............She has died.

Eva is one of those patsys who gets booby prizes, thats my guess anyway

What did you get the day before?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I went for Eva because something is not adding up in terms of tasks and prizes.

Advertisement