Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MCU : Infinity War/Endgame Werewolf - Gamethread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I don’t disagree.

But as it stands, doesn’t it make sense to work through the unknowns first? Rather than starting to rip into what core we have?

Yes it does. I said exactly that earlier. I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm bringing it up now because I may not be around to bring it up later.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I think Nothing is probably Bucky and assuming his kill is a night time action, I'm voting him to prevent that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Sorry had to pop out to get a few messages, hence a longer than usual absence.

I have gotten the impression a few times that Ecto hasn't necessarily really being reading the thread.

Nor have a number of people who have claimed villager to be fair, but not getting enough else from Ecto...

The claims that everything seems stacked against the wolves isn't enough for me, the game is always stacked against the wolves, because the wolves know who each other are and their job is to sew enough confusion so that the villagers go after and inadvertantly kill each other instead.

I'm only given a role title for the wolves, but not exactly what that role entails, and they could of course have other powers on top of that.

Perhaps the wolves in this game are doing a great job and we're looking in the wrong direction, but then again maybe the wolves have fumbled the ball and have nowhere to hide given how many have claimed or alluded to roles.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

FFA#4:

Nothing: Voting last night looks very good (late vote onto Trigger) but the unactivated/unknown power on Day 4 is a bit hard to believe
    Kitten_k: Has contributed very very little, 35 posts in 3.5 days
    Orla: Has a good few posts but I'm not sure she has contributed a huge amount to the village so she sneaks into 3rd spot ahead of Ecto

I'm a little worried that it all seems too easy and we're missing something. A certain amount of the above is based on me being more sure of others as village rather than these being overly wolfy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

I’d ponder Patrick being hit took the wolves by surprise, and removed Agathas powers from play.
    Then Thanos is hit, meaning his snap (which would have killed half the players) was removed from play.
    Then Trigger is hit, and removes Loki from play (and Trigger, in his frustration, confirms he was Loki, and in the process, kind of confirms a few villagers).

The village, unless LeVar is bad, have hit three baddies in three lynches, which is incredible really. By doing so, the village is of course a little stacked right now, compared to the wolves.

My read on Ecto right now is he’s a wolf who is frustrated by how many powers they’ve lost vs what the village still have, and can’t even role claim for fear of hitting something that can be disproven....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The village, unless LeVar is bad, have hit three baddies in three lynches, which is incredible really. By doing so, the village is of course a little stacked right now, compared to the wolves.
    Wasn't LeVar confirmed by Guffy though?

cee_jay wrote: »

You’re right, he was.

And before the conversion.

So in order for LeVar to be bad, Guffy is too.

It just doesn’t make sense to worry bout that. At least not right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yes I was, but I never blame people for being too careful or wary in a game of werewolf, especially when paranoia levels increase.

I’d ponder Patrick being hit took the wolves by surprise, and removed Agathas powers from play.
    Then Thanos is hit, meaning his snap (which would have killed half the players) was removed from play.
    Then Trigger is hit, and removes Loki from play (and Trigger, in his frustration, confirms he was Loki, and in the process, kind of confirms a few villagers).

My read on Ecto right now is he’s a wolf who is frustrated by how many powers they’ve lost vs what the village still have, and can’t even role claim for fear of hitting something that can be disproven....

Ecto is a) not a he b) not a wolf and c) not afraid to claim at all. If anyone would stop being complacent they'd see that there is a bloody good reason not to claim my role that has 0 to do with being afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭Guffy

Reading back now. Anything of note today?

Just to reiterate

LeVar priest
    Yoss marvel
    Vernon good
    Me Wanda

They're the 100% i can recall off the top of my head.

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Ecto is a) not a he b) not a wolf and c) not afraid to claim at all. If anyone would stop being complacent they'd see that there is a bloody good reason not to claim my role that has 0 to do with being afraid.

If you're spitting truths, you'd be counterclaiming someone else, either directly or indirectly, and therefore could give us a wolf on a silver platter, by claiming...

There may be important roles left in the game, but if everyone is that gung-ho on you, I think at this stage of the game you'd be more likely to reveal than continue digging your heels in... and if your role is as important as you believe it is, you should at this stage be able to provide us information that can corroborate or disprove some others...

So, with all due respect Ecto...

giphy.gif

Guffy is clearly village. Sorry for not buying into it last night guff, that was far too much to process right before a lynch.

If kitten_k wasn't bluffing about being Dugan (I still find that hard to believe though), she could be The Winter Soldier, found by the Wolves, and Lucy killed so she couldn't counter claim kitten claiming she was good.

Ya that's no problem, i didnt exactly have a straight reveal either. Wanted a bita fun :D will be going back through that after my day read because there is bound to be some info there.

Guffy wrote: »
    Reading back now. Anything of note today?

Just to reiterate

LeVar priest
    Yoss marvel
    Vernon good
    Me Wanda

They're the 100% i can recall off the top of my head.

If you have any reason at all to believe any of the following 4 are good, if you could let us know that could indicate someone else is lying...

Ectoplasm
    Orla WW
    kitten_k
    nothing

Otherwise, it's looking increasingly likely that these are our big bads...

My role isn't important at all. Me not saying what it is is the important thing right now. Can you not see the difference?

My role isn't important at all. Me not saying what it is is the important thing right now. Can you not see the difference?

So what’s your FFA then, and who should we be hanging?

Yes I can see the difference, because it would suit the wolves to wait until tomorrow when I'm likely dead to start claiming roles, so no one can be like "hang on a minute, because that's a steaming 'ole pile of cow manure"...

If your role is so unimportant coming out and counterclaiming now, allows us to either re-assess, or myself or someone else could probably quite easily confirm or deny it.

A wolf desperately clutching at straws is what this really feels like.

So what’s your FFA then, and who should we be hanging?

Kitten
    Nothing
    Orla

I'm leaning towards Nothing because they've gone very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    You're right - there should have been 5 votes for Kitten_k, Orla's is missing

@beaker, is that a typo?

Yes.... sorry I was Rushing last night

Yes I can see the difference, because it would suit the wolves to wait until tomorrow when I'm likely dead to start claiming roles, so no one can be like "hang on a minute, because that's a steaming 'ole pile of cow manure"...

If your role is so unimportant coming out and counterclaiming now, allows us to either re-assess, or myself or someone else could probably quite easily confirm or deny it.

A wolf desperately clutching at straws is what this really feels like.

I'm not counterclaiming anyone. Nobody so far has claimed my role. I'm saying there was a reason for my not claiming, which I thought would be obvious enough but clearly isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

I'm not counterclaiming anyone. Nobody so far has claimed my role. I'm saying there was a reason for my not claiming, which I thought would be obvious enough but clearly isn't.

There's a reason for not claiming a very unimportant role?

• Advertisement

There's a reason for not claiming a very unimportant role?

I thought I was keeping the options open for wolves to target but apparently not.

I'm Pepper Potts. I've said what I wanted to and I'm going to take a break from the thread because I get way too invested.

I'm Pepper Potts. I've said what I wanted to and I'm going to take a break from the thread because I get way too invested.

Any other info you have about your role will be valuable then...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭nothing

You've acted poorly today, my gut says wolf!

Ecto, I think that was a half decent name to pull from your wolves list of sounds-good-but-not-so-real characters... it's probably on a par with Valkyrie for me...

I've a message from a mutual friend though...

giphy.gif

It actually makes me more inclined to believe Dum Dum Dugan is real to be honest if Pepper Potts and Valkyrie are the types of names on these lists...
    but also not really, and kitten is definitely evil...

Interesting that you'd get this wrong given you haven't claimed anything yourself. Nor has Vernon.

But I've told you Vernon is village

So, just read through it there. No information on those 4 levar, sorry.

I love the Rocket theory... but if that is true, you still believe kitten k is an OG wolf. Is kitten k not the most logical lynch today then? In case the rocket theory is wrong. There have been a fair few guardian characters bandied about.

Also, I don't believe Ecto. Spent so long refusing to reveal and then reveals, giving no info and disappears to avoid questions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

So my prize last night was a tracking device (mootion detector :pac:) that I put on Yossarian who decided to reveal himself moments later :rolleyes:

He didn't visit anyone anyway.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    So, just read through it there. No information on those 4 levar, sorry.

I love the Rocket theory... but if that is true, you still believe kitten k is an OG wolf. Is kitten k not the most logical lynch today then? In case the rocket theory is wrong. There have been a fair few guardian characters bandied about.

Oh yeah, I'm staying on kitten, its the most logical for sure, just on the slimmest of chances nothing, Ecto, or Orla are telling the truth.

It doesn't make sense for Pepper to be in the game based on other characters I've seen anyway.

Rocket would fit in to the game, but given all the other info and roles already revealed, if not in it as The Winter Soldier convert, would've been top of the list for wolves to hide behind.

Advertisement