Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"What the hell is wrong with everyone"

• 14-05-2021 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭

So this thread is for when we have this thought.

To get the ball rolling... Will Ferrell. Never has made me laugh (outside of being beside Jim Carrey who is so funny that people become funny from vibrations of his funniness).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

To get the ball rolling... Will Ferrell. Never has made me laugh (outside of being beside Jim Carrey who is so funny that people become funny from vibrations of his funniness).

I know - I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Jim Carrey is a bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

I have it about Ricky Gervais, I just don't get it. Except AfterLife. That was brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

So it’s a Jim Carey appreciation thread cum Will Ferrell de-appreciation thread?
    I’ll take neither for two bob, both fall into the if I talk louder it will be funnier bucket.. .......it’s not, they are not

Johnny Depp. A youthful cop in a TV series 21 Jump Street propelled him to stardom.

Not even able to mind his pet pooch now.

Irrisponsible and incorrigible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Matt Damon

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

"Impractical Jokers."

I do not get why it is funny.

shesty wrote: »
    "Impractical Jokers."

I do not get why it is funny.

It 4 guys slagging eachother, the wife got me tickets to see them live in Belfast when they done the 1st tour, it was diabolical.....

Like anything some bits are funny but I honestly wouldn't watch it now, they are past it now.

Not a huge Will Ferrell fan but Step Brothers is a masterpiece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Will Ferrell and Jim Carey... both adept at basically repeating the same kooky persona as whatever character has been written for them to dress up as...they act from the neck up...

b0dbd37db3ec8c515b537e1c8cce7055.gif

4gIU.gif

• Advertisement

David O'Doherty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mohawk

Adam Sandler I wouldn’t consider him an actor or a comedian.

Anyone on anything rte....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

When people whip out their phones the second they see a car accident where the ambulance staff are helping badly injured and traumatised people. And worse still, these same scummy voyeuristic animals pass the footage around respective WhatsApp groups, with not a thought for the people involved or their families.

Same with fatal accidents, the same people think nothing of immediately taking out the phone and recording. What the hell is wrong with people, when did we lose our humanity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Johnny Depp. A youthful cop in a TV series 21 Jump Street propelled him to stardom.

Nightmare on Elm Street actually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

zanador wrote: »
    I have it about Ricky Gervais, I just don't get it. Except AfterLife. That was brilliant

He is a wanker of highest order, not in the least funny and after life was about as un-authentic, contrived, cliched bull**** as you could get.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm confused as to what exactly this thread is about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Give them credit, they are almost as funny as young and able-bodied people who are so lazy they need to hire a cleaner to tidy the house.

Attack the post not the poster buddy...

Bit h about someone famous

Bit h about someone famous

Soz, that doesn't clear it up...

• Advertisement

Soz, that doesn't clear it up...

Bitch about

Got ya!

I hate Ryan Gosling. He's a pretty boy who can't act.

Bitch about

Sorry, not sure what happened to the c in the other post....

Biden he is a numpty

Ventilation of free floating anger and hot air, I reckon.

E.G. Why do people think eleves are cool and wise? Far from it. Elves are a pack of sneaky kuntz that hide in the forest and attack innocent humans with stupid little fookin arrows that would take your eye out. Get real. Stop watching Lord of the Rings movies and face reality people, elves have no place in a civilized society.

There, I said it.

What about Dwarves (D&D ones)?

What about Dwarves (D&D ones)?

I'll get back to you on that. Few days, tops. I want to savour getting all that off me chest about elves first. It's been building for years.

Is this just another iteration of the people you don't like thread? The whole website seems to be becoming just a version of that. Tough read tbh,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭passatman86

I dont know will farrell in Elf was very funny
    Now stand up for me a lot is hit and miss - the one i laugh at a lot is Micky Flanagan. But some of the big names dont humor me at all and i find myself saying "who the fook finds this funny"

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭thehairygrape

Ventilation of free floating anger and hot air, I reckon.

E.G. Why do people think eleves are cool and wise? Far from it. Elves are a pack of sneaky kuntz that hide in the forest and attack innocent humans with stupid little fookin arrows that would take your eye out. Get real. Stop watching Lord of the Rings movies and face reality people, elves have no place in a civilized society.

There, I said it.
    Can’t agree with you here Meep. We have a family of seventeen elves living in the back garden. Salt of the earth.

• Advertisement

Can’t agree with you here Meep. We have a family of seventeen elves living in the back garden. Salt of the earth.

You definitely don't have any drow out there so. You're lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

It 4 guys slagging eachother, the wife got me tickets to see them live in Belfast when they done the 1st tour, it was diabolical.....

Like anything some bits are funny but I honestly wouldn't watch it now, they are past it now.

Same. Loved the show. You can't replicate that on stage.

I thought Boards had a ban on endorsing criminal activity?!

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I hope your garden is hit by a tornado.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭thehairygrape

You definitely don't have any drow out there so. You're lucky!
    Had to look that up. No. Great neighbours(for squatters that is).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Fontaines DC - I have tried to listen to them but seriously don't get the hype. They are making waves globally now, but I honestly just don't get it.

My childhood was SMALL
    My childhood was SMAAALLLLL
    But I'm gonna be BIG!

Like cmon lads, someone tell me what I've missed here...?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

zanador wrote: »

Ah Ricky Gervais.... As unfunny as it gets!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Local chipper offering 10% off to pup recipients.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Jim Carrey is a bollocks.

Google Jim Carrey Cathriona White

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Kinda hard to buy that they keep finding people who are completely ignorant of who they are

KaneToad wrote: »
    Google Jim Carrey Cathriona White

Hard to know which side to believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

mohawk wrote: »
    Adam Sandler I wouldn’t consider him an actor or a comedian.

I guess you haven't Punch Drunk Love or Uncut Gems or The Meyerowitz Stories (latter 2 are on Netflix now). He gives excellent performances in those 3 films and I never liked him at all myself before seeing him in those serious roles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Fontaines DC - I have tried to listen to them but seriously don't get the hype. They are making waves globally now, but I honestly just don't get it.

My childhood was SMALL
    My childhood was SMAAALLLLL
    But I'm gonna be BIG!

Like cmon lads, someone tell me what I've missed here...?

Very much agree. Thing is I like a lot of punk, post punk and hardcore but I have never heard anything by them that I wanted to hear again, just does not grab me at all, gave them another shot when they were on other voices last week, naw, it was cool they played in the gaol but IMO they could stay there, a chain gang could come up with catchier stuff hammering on a pile of number plates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

why are people so f’ing INSTITUTIONALISED with the 5**t they come out with - particularly in work. Are they seriously really that thick? Or downright uncaring??? And why do people ‘in charge’ let them away with it?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?
    Do they just think the world is a 2D board and if they push people enough they’ll fall off the edge and go away?

I just don’t get it.

Also little ducklings with no motherduck and broken legs & not the right food or live or care. ffs

weeps for humanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Matt Damon

Apparently the South Park lads know Matt Damon well and they’re really good mates and they weren’t taking the pi5s out if him in team America at all ! His puppet didn’t come out properly and looked dopey hence his only line is “Matt dhamonnnn”

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

I never found him funny, but... (true story) many years ago, he was 'going out' with a distant cousin of mine, whom he met as her father was in the film business. (No names, please just believe me). She wanted to visit Ireland, and meet all her Irish relatives, and brought Will along. No one in Bundoran had a bull's notion who the gangly, smiley lad was...but he was in awe of an Irish party, and the singing and fun and openness of it all. I have the photos to prove it.

They are no longer an item, and I'm not from Bundoran (I'm another wing of the family) - but the story is fact, and I can't help but like Will because of it.

Bono.... He really does my head in

Mary Robinson, does my head in

Bono.... He really does my head in

Him and Geldof. Strong dislike for them tw@s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

You're Welcome America a stage play by Will Ferrell was his best work.

🙈🙉🙊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Cerveza

Mary Robinson, does my head in

Not in bed she wouldn’t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I don’t see the point of anything with dragons in it. Pete’s Dragon, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings, Enter the Dragon, Dragon’s Den, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, Puff the Magic Dragon, Dungeons & Dragons, How to Train your Dragon, Harry Potter, Godzilla, Red Dragon - I’ve no idea what people see in any of them.

I’m not fond of horses either.

• Advertisement
Advertisement