Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castelgarden Tcp102 chain problem

Options
  • 14-05-2021 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Hi, the chain on my old Castel garden tcp102 mower has started coming off and I can't figure out why... it's an old 1999 model.
    The chain seems very loose...
    These tensioner things seem to flop around, not sure if that's normal? Theres a spring connecting the two arms that the two little white plastic cogs are mounted on. Seems to be spring tension between the two cogs pushing the cogs together.
    Can you shorten these chains? Maybe it has stretched?

20210514-222508.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

When was it serviced last?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭boatbuilder

I have done all the work on it myself over the years...

The chain is part number 15189001/0
    They don't have a removeable link on the chain, so its not easy to shorten it.
    According to a local mower repair place, 1999 was the last year they used the chain. You had to just buy a whole new chain when it stretched.
    Might have to try bodging it by cutting a link off and refitting with a few blobs of weld.
    If anyone has any other ideas, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭blackbox

Do you have the owner's manual. It looks like the chain ought to go below the lower small sprocket.

Yes the chain is in the right place. Those two arms are spring loaded, pulling the chain together. It's just that the chain is too long...
    I've removed a link and fitted it back together with two spots of weld... don't know if it'll hold or not!

• Advertisement
Advertisement