Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can she keep the rent that I paid?

Options
1235»

Comments

Is it possible we are dealing with non-English speakers here who as reading ASAP literally. Even then soon means in the near future.

fvp4 wrote: »
    Is it possible we are dealing with non-English speakers here who as reading ASAP literally. Even then soon means in the near future.

No. You're dealing with native English speakers. Why are you ignoring the legal definition, that for some has caused hilarity.

I’ve no idea why you are continuing to argue a position that’s been totally debunked.

Debunked by who? (and as for mod instructions, I'm responding to direct quotes).

ASAP is legally ambigious. Ask someone in the legal forum.

Debunked by who? (and as for mod instructions, I'm responding to direct quotes).

ASAP is legally ambigious. Ask someone in the legal forum.

you keep saying that. You keep saying it’s proven. You have no source to backup that claim. Except reference to the legal forum. Is there a link I am missing?

you keep saying that. You keep saying it’s proven. You have no source to backup that claim. Except reference to the legal forum. Is there a link I am missing?

You mean be ridiculed again for providing evidence? Ask someone from legal to prove or disprove. I've left it, it's confirmed as far as I'm concerned. But if someone quotes me, I'll respond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

You mean be ridiculed again for providing evidence? Ask someone from legal to prove or disprove. I've left it, it's confirmed as far as I'm concerned. But if someone quotes me, I'll respond.

Where did you lift that “evidence” from? Was it the Irish Court of Appeals?

Dav010 wrote: »
    Where did you lift that “evidence” from? Was it the Irish Court of Appeals?

Ask. The. Legal. Forum. I'm done providing hilarity.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,513 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Ask. The. Legal. Forum. I'm done providing hilarity.

Simple question, was it even in this jurisdiction?

If it is a reference from the case I think it is in another country, it in no way validates your claim that it defines “asap”. In fact, if anything, it would counter it in the context of the case it was applied.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Dav010, Chinese whospers, fvp4 all threadbanned. Do not post in this thread again, do not reply to this post.

Edit:

Added fvp4 to threadban.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

I've nobody to argue with anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Treppen wrote: »
    I've nobody to argue with anymore :(

Maybe you could request a 'fight till death thread'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,605 ✭✭✭Treppen

Meeoow wrote: »
    Maybe you could request a 'fight till death thread'.

That's a terrible idea and you should feel bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,552 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Treppen wrote: »
    That's a terrible idea and you should feel bad.

Looks like you have found someone

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    No you wouldn't. And either will the OP.

Actually I would. Have to expect that you end up all over social media. The threat to the lady might be enough. I would get the money that is owed to me one way or antother.

Brothers housing estate was unfinished in parts and unsightly. Builder kept promising to do it. Builder was selling his new development. Show house open. We stood outside handing out handing out leaflets he printed highlighting that they don't finish their builds etc

First they moved us off. But we just stood outside the development doing the same. A while later 2 guys pull up. We are expecting a bit if agro. Brother had a good chat with them. Lads asked him to show him the problem. All cleaned up and boarded nicely in a week. Was all actually quite civil. So I have no problem doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Although legally you have no rights. Sounds like you done nothing wrong and she is robbing you. I’d be standing out side her place of work or house with a placard saying as such. Until I got my money back.

Has anyone ever successfully done this without coming to the attention of the mental health services?

Advertisement