If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha WXA50

Options
  • 15-05-2021 8:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Looking at the WXA 50 based on its size and features. Will it work with the Monitor Audio studio that I recently purchased from you as  ICEPOWER seem to work well with 4ohm loads.

Also, it seems very expensive for a 5 year old product? Is there anything you can do on price?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dublinhifi wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking at the WXA 50 based on its size and features. Will it work with the Monitor Audio studio that I recently purchased from you as  ICEPOWER seem to work well with 4ohm loads.

Also, it seems very expensive for a 5 year old product? Is there anything you can do on price?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi DublinHiFi.

Thanks for coming back to us :)

The WXA50 will drive the Studios but of course they can handle a lot more.

The WXA50 has been out a while but it has not needed changed as it does exactly what is designed to do. All other retailers are priced around the same for this product.
    The very best I could offer on one would be 429 Euro delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dublinhifi

Thanks for the prompt response.

To confirm:

The WXA50 will drive the Studios but of course they can handle a lot more. WERE YOU REFERRING TO THE STUDIOS OR THE AMPLIFIER I.e. can the WXA 59 drive even more demanding speakers?

I’d like to pay in pounds but delivery will be Dublin.

Can you confirm the best price in Sterling.

many thanks again for your help.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Dublinhifi wrote: »
    Thanks for the prompt response.

To confirm:

The WXA50 will drive the Studios but of course they can handle a lot more. WERE YOU REFERRING TO THE STUDIOS OR THE AMPLIFIER I.e. can the WXA 59 drive even more demanding speakers?

I’d like to pay in pounds but delivery will be Dublin.

Can you confirm the best price in Sterling.

many thanks again for your help.
    Hi DublinHiiFI.

I was referring to the Studio speakers. They can be driven by a lot more powerful amplifier.
    The amplifier in the WXA50 is 55 watts whereas the Studios can run up to 100 Watts.
    It will still drive them even thought they can take a much higher rated amplifier.

The WXA50 is a fantastic little product.

In sterling I could offer the WXA50 for £368 delivered.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.