Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling Clear Mobile

• 15-05-2021 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi

I signed up with Clear Mobile and received my sim card yesterday. I want to cancel it using the 14 day cooling off period and I have 2 options going by their website. Download a form and post it back to them or use online chat. I am trying to use online chat but cannot find it anywhere on their website so I was wondering if anyone else managed to find out how to get oon their online chat?.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Dublinandy3

They don't open until 10am but here is the link once they do:

Bottom right is a chat button, turn cookies on.

https://clearmobile.ie/help.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

If you ported a number during sign up, cancelling will lose that number if the number was assigned to the new SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 mp1

They don't open until 10am but here is the link once they do:

Bottom right is a chat button, turn cookies on.

https://clearmobile.ie/help.html

Thanks for that

mp1 wrote: »
    Thanks for that

Thankfully I did not port my number, I got the SIM card for use in a mobile router.

Thankfully I did not port my number, I got the SIM card for use in a mobile router.
    I tried the link on the bottom right and it goes to another page where I selected the returns and then it gives you the returns form to post and a link to click on but I can’t open the link. Tried on 2 laptops and phone but can’t open it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I tried the link on the bottom right and it goes to another page where I selected the returns and then it gives you the returns form to post and a link to click on but I can’t open the link. Tried on 2 laptops and phone but can’t open it.

Not the leaving clear mobile button the chat button

Have added a couple of screens for you

Ya sorry, the chat option was not there earlier because they weren’t open but it’s there now.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Should be able to cancel via website/chat without having to post the form...
    Where you conclude a distance contract with us, under the EU (Consumer Information, Cancellation and Other Rights) Regulations 2013 you have the right to cancel this contract during the 14 day cancellation period without giving any reason. This cancellation period will expire 14 days after this Agreement starts. To cancel, you must notify us before the expiry of the cancellation period and you can do so on our Website by contacting us via live chat or by using the cancellation form. You understand and agree that the Service will be made available for you to use during the cancellation period should you decide to use it. You will be liable for price plan charges on a pro rata basis and any additional service charges incurred by you during this period. If you cancel; we will refund to you all payments received from you (less any charges for services used and excluding the activation fee) without undue delay. To find out more information and to access the cancellation form, please visit our Website: clearmobile.ie/terms.html

They won't refund the activation fee.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Should be able to cancel via website/chat without having to post the form...

They won't refund the activation fee.

Has anyone used the live chat?

I got into it, filled it in and the clicked START CHAT and nothing happens, it stays greyed out and does nothing.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Has anyone used the live chat?

I got into it, filled it in and the clicked START CHAT and nothing happens, it stays greyed out and does nothing.

Thanks

I just tried on the laptop and it works ok

Thanks

Advertisement