Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing - Government assistance

Options
  • 15-05-2021 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

Sorry if this is an odd question.

I am currently on a good wage and have a sizeable deposit.
    I really need to sort out new accommodation but I am of strong opinion houses are stupid prices at the minute and that could last a few years.

What are my options here? I dont want to buy a house or rent at these stupid prices.

Is there any way I can get a social house or some assistance. I would be prepared to leave for my job for a few months and travel or something for a while once things open back up. If being out of work is a requirement.
    I am in tech industry so will get another job again fairly easy.

Just trying to get an idea of my options. My thought here is if I can somehow get cheap government house while I build up deposit and eventually buy mortgage free when prices are down.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Obvious trolling. Thread closed.

Do not start any similar threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement