Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emersion switch

Options
  • 16-05-2021 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

The switch stopped working, no hot water, the sink/bath part of the switch was stuck or would not budge so thought I'd replace.
    Also it used to get very hot when it used to work i.e the switch part.
    I thought I had purchased an exact replica but alas a few things look different. The diagram on the left of the image is the existing and currently wired.
    The diagram is on the right the new switch. Some wiring looks consistent with the in place switch (existing) relative to the new switch. I've matched those up.
    Essentially it's the small length of brown wire that is bridging in the existing, where does that go on the new diagram?
    All I'd be left with is the black and brown main cable and that then should be fine.
    w3C63YvB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭sirmixalot

553213.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

sirmixalot wrote: »
    The switch stopped working, no hot water, the sink/bath part of the switch was stuck or would not budge so thought I'd replace.
    Also it used to get very hot when it used to work i.e the switch part.
    I thought I had purchased an exact replica but alas a few things look different. The diagram on the left of the image is the existing and currently wired.
    The diagram is on the right the new switch. Some wiring looks consistent with the in place switch (existing) relative to the new switch. I've matched those up.
    Essentially it's the small length of brown wire that is bridging in the existing, where does that go on the new diagram?
    All I'd be left with is the black and brown main cable and that then should be fine.
    w3C63YvB

The only difference between the 2 switches is that the bath/sink switch is upside down so connect L out to the common terminal(20/250) with the bridge wire and connect black to sink and brown to bath.

aido79 wrote: »
    The only difference between the 2 switches is that the bath/sink switch is upside down so connect L out to the common terminal(20/250) with the bridge wire and connect black to sink and brown to bath.
    Cheers Aido, So like so...
    553234.jpeg

Cheers Aido, So like so...
    553234.jpeg

Yeah exactly like that.

Hi ya Aido, me again, so the water heats up = result! Didn't blow myself apart in doing so which is an added bonus, only thing now is that the red light doesn't come on when switched on. Any thoughts on that?

553686.jpeg

• Advertisement

Sorted, Live Supply connection was loose. All good :)

Probably a good idea to check all the connections. A loose connection on an immersion can be very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Prev.

Was going to say when I saw the pic before I registered

The live connections didn't look great, at least you should double-up and try to fill the terminals and ensure connections are tight as well

Advertisement