Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Protector

• 16-05-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

My old jacket used to have an insert for a back protector which while not the best protection was a good compromise for convenience. Current jacket doesn't have a slot and only has a bit of padding so I need to buy a back protector. What's a good protector for a big bellied person?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Are you sure it doesn't have a slot, a lot of the time they've got a bit of temp padding added into the slot that you've to remove to put in something proper.

Del2005 wrote: »
    My old jacket used to have an insert for a back protector which while not the best protection was a good compromise for convenience. Current jacket doesn't have a slot and only has a bit of padding so I need to buy a back protector. What's a good protector for a big bellied person?

Any of them from my experience, they have massive adjustment across the stomach area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Stand alone protectors offer a lot more coverage. They all have plenty of size adjustment. The forcefield ones are good because they are not single use, some of the hard shell ones are single use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Knox Meta Sys was one of the best.....the new forcefield Pro Dynamic is the one I would get and pair it with the very slim Elite chest protector it would be the next best thing to an airvest tbh....If I was spending 300 euro on both of them I would get the Turtle 2 Vest.

Its what I wear and it has a built in good quality back protector with the added airbag that deploys OVER the protector (hopefully you never need it)

https://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/products

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,027 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Varik wrote: »
    Are you sure it doesn't have a slot, a lot of the time they've got a bit of temp padding added into the slot that you've to remove to put in something proper.

Turns out that I was confusing my old jacket and new one. Keep the jacket with the bike not at home so couldn't check before posting. Old jacket had foam in the protector slot, which I replaced with the proper insert, current jacket has hard armour as standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I'd bin both inserts and get a standalone if it was me. They're cheap enough and offer a lot more protection. I haven't used an insert in years until recently when I got an airbag vest and I have combined this with an upgraded insert for my jacket.

Advertisement