Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hydrangea bloom.

• 16-05-2021 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi
    I moved into a new house last year and bought some hydrangeas and planted them around last July and they were beautiful. This is how the are looking at the moment. Will they bloom this utearor what should I do with them. I’m new to the whole gardening thing.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

You could cut off the dead stems with the dead flowers from last year being careful to keep the green new shoots. They don't look the healthiest hydrangea I have seen and they may have dried out a bit over the time since planting at a guess from just looking at where they are positioned. I'd not be very confident of flowers this year particularly from the smaller ones but it is possible. Make sure to give them some water if we get very dry weather and I find adding a mulch of manure or compost helps them as well. Bark mulch will not give much nutrient and the planter looks like it may only allow them restricted access to soil as well.
    Happy gardening.

Advertisement