Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take away kilrush/kilkee

Options
  • 16-05-2021 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I will be in kilrush/kilkee next sunday. Want to get take away. Any recommendations?
    Many thanke

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's been a long time since I was there but the battered sausage/burger from DiLucia's were a work of art and up there with some of the best meals I've ever had (and I've ate in Michelin star restaurants).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

China Express in Kilrush is ok. As is the Chinese in Kilkee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,162 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Clareman wrote: »
    It's been a long time since I was there but the battered sausage/burger from DiLucia's were a work of art and up there with some of the best meals I've ever had (and I've ate in Michelin star restaurants).

DiLucias is long gone.

If you want restaurant spec food, try Harris's in Kilkee (Royal Marine hotel), Thursday-Saturday, Bowman's Lane in Kilrush - Saturday/Sunday, The Long Dock in Carrigaholt (unsure - likely only weekends), or The Armada in Spanish Point, various food options, some available all week.

In terms of takeaway's, Nolan's in Kilkee is seen by many as offering good fish and chips, pricey and often very busy though.

You've also got AliG's, Mr. Kebabish and Fri-Chicks in Kilkee, all very similar, serving your typical cheap frozen food takeaway. There's an alright Chinese called Happy Harbour there too.

In Kilrush you've Coffeys, more of an typical Irish fish and chip chipper, Roma which is an Italian style takeaway, and AliG which is the same as Kilkee, but do Indian Currys in Kilrush. 3 fairly standard Chinese Takeaways in Kilrush, Silver House, China Express and A1 Asian.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Instead of starting a new thread, I might get my answer from some of you fine Clare folk here.

Staying in Carrigaholt for the June BH weekend. I've contacted Keanes and Longdock in the village, neither will be doing outdoor. Long dock doing takeaway only until the 10th. Also contacted Keatings in Kilbaha and they said they likely won't reopen until July. So its looking like a bit of a disaster with our usual haunts closed.

Does anyone know anywhere that might be open for outdoor dining by then? Have no interest in paying for takeaway, would rather cook at the house if that's the case.

Bit frustrating because we would love to spend money locally but its seemingly impossible with restrictions and uncertainty.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭NIAC Fanboy

dobman88 wrote: »
    Instead of starting a new thread, I might get my answer from some of you fine Clare folk here.

Staying in Carrigaholt for the June BH weekend. I've contacted Keanes and Longdock in the village, neither will be doing outdoor. Long dock doing takeaway only until the 10th. Also contacted Keatings in Kilbaha and they said they likely won't reopen until July. So its looking like a bit of a disaster with our usual haunts closed.

Does anyone know anywhere that might be open for outdoor dining by then? Have no interest in paying for takeaway, would rather cook at the house if that's the case.

Bit frustrating because we would love to spend money locally but its seemingly impossible with restrictions and uncertainty.

Outdoor only allowed from the 7th so I'd say nobody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Outdoor only allowed from the 7th so I'd say nobody.

Yes indeed. Not much point in asking for outdoor dining before the 7th of June when it's not allowed.
    You'll have to give Max Bites take away food in the village a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭dobman88

Just had a reply from a place that are opening for the BH weekend and we are booked in. Cheers for the replies anyway lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Coffey's in Kilrush and Nolan's in Kilkee.....would they be the best options for fish and chips?

Heading down this weekend and we've promised the kids fish and chips.....in bags.....in the car!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Had fish and chips from Coffey's today. It was top class. Highly recommended.

Thanks

Advertisement